Gameday Tigers

John Emery Decommits From UGA

Herb

20 minutes ago, houtiger said:

That is step 1.  Now we have to get his commitment at :LSU:.  That won't be easy.  He has his pick of schools. 

He certainly has his pick, but doesn't it look like LSU is the main factor in why he decided to decommit?  It looks that way to me.  I put our chances at 40% now.

38 minutes ago, Dru said:

He certainly has his pick, but doesn't it look like LSU is the main factor in why he decided to decommit?  It looks that way to me.  I put our chances at 40% now.

I agree.  He was at the LSU / Georgia game, and its reported that he met with Orgeron after the game.  I think I read they pointed out to John how many good backs Ga. has that will be back, and that Brossette is a Sr.  Given that he decommitted within 2 weeks of that discussion, I am sure that LSU has to be the primary consideration for him.  But, once he decommits, the evil empire will undoubtedly jump into the fray (but they always have a stable of running backs).

Signing day, the early part is Dec. 19th. Emery wants to wait till February signing period. O and the staff, have a number of RB’s recruiting. 

Keep an eye on Grad Transfers, LSU is looking at a few positions. Like I said before, Transfer Sr’s opened up a new recruiting angle. 

3 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Signing day, the early part is Dec. 19th. Emery wants to wait till February signing period. O and the staff, have a number of RB’s recruiting. 

Keep an eye on Grad Transfers, LSU is looking at a few positions. Like I said before, Transfer Sr’s opened up a new recruiting angle. 

If Noah Cain would sign on 12/19, do we take him?  If we take him, can we take 3 RB?  Actually, I think if we take Cain and have Davis already, Emery would go elsewhere IMO.

35 minutes ago, houtiger said:

If Noah Cain would sign on 12/19, do we take him?  If we take him, can we take 3 RB?  Actually, I think if we take Cain and have Davis already, Emery would go elsewhere IMO.

Shit or get off the pot.

Waiting for a "must sign" has burned us too often. You either want to be a Tiger or you want to be 'Tiger Bait'.  Take the highest rank kids that WANT to be here.

Eff the rest.

35 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Don't believe Emery is enrolling early. Anybody know if Cain is?  But if Cain commits, yes you take him.

We're just talking about the "early signing date" of 12/19, and they don't have to enroll early.  I just don't want to see us get screwed like last year with Patrick Surtain saying he was coming here, didn't sign in Dec., we didn't take Mario Goodrich and he went to Clemson, and LSU was left out in the cold.

LSU will only get better, the staff is doing what is needed to be a complete team. They have one of the best staffs in college football. This should pay dividends next and the following years. 

Yes, I could see us beating GumpTurds. A few things need to fall into place. Take the points.

Archived