Gameday Tigers

Post Season thoughts (2021)

Nutriaitch

On 1/5/2022 at 8:31 AM, Nutriaitch said:

Gee, thanks Ed.

What we saw last night (last 2 seasons really) is exactly what many of us feared the day Alleva bragged about pulling off the laziest and least inspiring HC search in the history of mankind.

This was the culmination of the Ed Orgeron error (intentionally spelled that way).

As a program, we are a smoldering ash heap of what once was a bastion of consistency and greatness.
The roster needs to literally be built up from scraps. It will take multiple years just to get up to the scholarship limit.

The culture is rotten. It smells like the abandoned bait shops in Ed's hometown. 
The quit is strong in this group for the 2nd year in a row.
There is no "One Team, One Heartbeat" didley-poo in this locker room. It's all "me first, fornicate the team"

We had multiple guys leave the team to go play for division rivals.
We had a QB sit out last night so he can still possibly maybe be eligible in 2025. TWENTY TWENTY-FIVE!!!
We had our #18 do the exact opposite of what that numbers is supposed to mean, and opt out.  One season after we had a #18 transfer out because he couldn't hack it here.

That's the "Leaders" Ed picked out.

That's who this team has become.

So you saying you weren't a fan of Coach O? I hadn't picked up on that. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I don't have the details of the who, what, when, where and why but our roster is a complete and utter mess.  Wonder if we will have enough for a meaningful spring game?

This will take a few years to get it back to glory, but you're right...a complete mess.

However, we will be competitive in a short amount of time. 

I'm eager to see what Bryan Polian brings to the table here given that his dining room table was likely a classroom from one of the best professional football personnel guys of the past few decades.

His brother is also GM Director of Pro Personnel for the Washington Football Team.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, Hatchertiger said:

I don't have the details of the who, what, when, where and why but our roster is a complete and utter mess.  Wonder if we will have enough for a meaningful spring game?

Because all Ed Orgeron knew how to recruit was a bunch of quitters.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:31 AM, Nutriaitch said:

As a program, we are a smoldering ash heap of what once was a bastion of consistency and greatness.
The roster needs to literally be built up from scraps. It will take multiple years just to get up to the scholarship limit.

Auburn sez:     "Here, ... hold my beer"

hAAh18a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3