Gameday Tigers

2022 Tigers In The NFL!

LSUDad

4 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Browns released Jarvis Landry. Would be nice if Saints picked him up.

The Browns had granted Landry permission to try to seek a trade after Cleveland dealt for Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl wide receiver Amari Cooper on Saturday.

"The trade for Jarvis Landry in 2018 was a key moment for our organization," said Browns GM Andrew Berry in a prepared statement. "Jarvis' on-field production and fiery competitiveness speaks for itself, but his leadership and team-oriented attitude impacted our culture in a way that will last in time even beyond his release. These decisions are always difficult, but we wish Jarvis well and we look forward to the day when he returns as a storied Browns alumnus."

Landry was set to make $16 million next season but had no guaranteed money left on his deal. He tweeted in February that he would "like to stay" in Cleveland, but he also said that he is confident he can still be a contributor for another team in "winning a championship."

Landry is a five-time Pro Bowler but struggled last season with a knee sprain that he suffered in Week 2, an injury that kept him out five weeks. He finished with 52 receptions for 570 yards and four total touchdowns -- all career lows.

Landry was set to make a ton, and he didn't have a great season last year, but he was injured.  Also, Baker Mayfield has issues, OBJ bailed on them and got a ring out of the deal.

Being a free agent, Landry can pick his team, and hopefully he gets a shot at a ring.  Bucs?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 6:31 PM, dachsie said:

Burrow and the Bengals are trying to get La'el Collins up there.  Its really going to be LSU North up there. lol

On Sunday, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Mike Garofolo reported that Collins will be signing a deal with the Super Bowl runner-up Cincinnati Bengals. Collins spent the weekend visiting with the team, and though he was planning on taking several other visits, he saw enough to ink a deal with the Bengals.

• Like 1

Report: Joe Burrow instrumental in recruiting fellow LSU star to Cincinnati

Sean Labarabout 4 hours
ksr-today-monday-who-dey (Jamie Squire / Getty Images)

La’el Collins is the latest former LSU Tigers‘ star to join the Cincinnati Bengals and according to a recent report, Joe Burrow — the Tigers’ QB who has seemingly been the catalyst behind revitalizing an organization where losing had become commonplace. 

While the Bengals stunned the sports world by reaching the Super Bow last season largely due to an impressive young offensive-minded coaching staff, the instant connection between Burrow and his favorite LSU target Ja’Marr Chase, along with under-the-radar pieces on both sides of the ball. 

The defense was good enough, but everyone in the league knew the offensive line was the one weak point which makes the addition of La’El Collins so important.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recent article about OBJ ACL surgery, seen as an improvement.

April 13, 2022 -

Odell Beckham Jr. was on a pace to most likely be named the MVP of Super Bowl LVI after his first-half performance in the big game. Instead, the Rams wider receiver missed the second half after tearing his ACL, ending his masterful performance with two receptions for 52 yards and one touchdown.

However, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Beckham tearing his ACL in the Super Bowl was a blessing in disguise. Prior to Beckham signing a one-year deal to join the Rams in the 2021 offseason, the three-time Pro Bowler had previously torn his ACL in his left knee with Cleveland in the Browns’ 37–34 win against the Bengals on Oct. 25, 2020.

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield was seeking to connect with Beckham on a pass early in the first quarter of the game when it was intercepted by Bengals’ Darius Phillips. Beckham chased Phillips down but made an awkward tackle and suffered the injury. On Wednesday, Rapoport appeared on the Pat McAfee Show and shared that Beckham’s prior surgery on his ACL tear in Cleveland didn’t go “as well as anyone would’ve hoped.”

“The team doctor … corrected a previous surgery from a couple of years ago,” Rapoport said. “The knee was a concern because it was not 100% healthy and I don’t believe they [Rams] would’ve given him [Odell Beckham Jr.] a long-term deal just based on the knee because it was troubling.” 

As a result, per Rapoport, Beckham tearing his ACL again in the Super Bowl was “in a weird way” a little bit of “relief from everyone” because his knee was able to get fixed correctly. “This past surgery went really well, he probably is going to have extended his career just because of this recent surgery,” Rapoport said.

While Beckham remains on the market in free agency, there is mutual interest between him and the Rams. Rapoport stated that the Rams’ doctor who conducted the surgery and the franchise “knows more about his knee than everyone else.”

More than three weeks ago, Rams general manager Les Snead said the franchise wanted the star wideout back in a Rams uniform.

“He’s someone that we definitely want back,” Snead said. “A little bit more complex situation based on the injury. We envision it being similar but different circumstances to last year. When Odell is ready to play, we’d appreciate him being part of (the Rams).”

Beckham played in eight regular-season games, recording 27 catches for 305 yards and five touchdowns. In the postseason, he tallied 21 grabs for 288 yards and two scores across four games.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

LSU had a player drafted in the 7th round, tore his ACL in Training Camp, the following year, the starting guard went down, the LSU player then took over the center position, only missing one game in 13 years. 
His start at LSU, was somewhat the same, he was looking at a redshirt freshman year. The starting center goes down, the backup couldn’t remember the line calls, so the true freshman comes in. He was All-SEC his Jr and Sr years. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Mar 22, 2022

"Playoff Lenny" is back in Tampa Bay.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Bucs are re-signing running back Leonard Fournette to a three-year, $21 million deal that can be worth up to $24 million with incentives, per sources informed of the situation.

The deal comes a day after Fournette visited the New England Patriots. Given the crowded backfield in New England, it's no surprise that the trip to Foxborough ended up more like a leverage play for Fournette to coax the Bucs offer.

After Tom Brady announced his return to Tampa, the Bucs bringing back "Lombardi Lenny" always made the most sense for all parties.

After the former No. 4 overall pick was cut by Jacksonville ahead of the 2020 season, he landed in Tampa and has since grown into a trustworthy mate of Brady's. The RB surged into a playmaker during the Bucs' Super Bowl run and continued as the top back last season, as he generated 812 rushing yards and eight TDs on 180 carries. Fournette also improved his receiving skills under Brady, catching 69 passes for 454 yards and two TDs last season.

Before re-signing Fournette, the Bucs' backfield was barren, with Ronald Jones and Giovani Bernard also free agents. Ke'Shawn Vaughn was the top back on the roster.

Now Lenny provides Tampa a proven rusher who Brady trusts and can play all three downs.

The move once again underscores how differently this offseason has gone in Tampa since Brady decided to return. If TB12 remained retired, the odds are Fournette and others would have moved on. Now the Bucs are reloading for another run.

After hitting free agency the last two offseasons, the three-year pact also provides Fournette some clarity moving forward. His three-year deal, averaging $7 million per season, is in line with what the Cardinals paid to keep James Conner earlier this offseason.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I watched the start of the Texans game Saturday, Stingley started at CB, only played 2 series of downs.  On one pass play to his side, he was not tight on the receiver, receiver cut to the inside and Sting let him go, the safety had the coverage and they completed the pass between Sting and the safety.  I think it was just the coverage.  Later Sting was in man coverage, the receiver pushed up the field and Sting was in a great backpedal, the receiver stopped  and went back to the QB and a little toward the sideline.  Sting stopped his backpedal and charged the receiver and nudged himself between the QB and the receiver.  The ball came their way and Sting knocked it right down.  Perfect and impressive play.  Damn that Stingley is good.  You can get a football clinic just watching him.  The announcer said they will test Stingley early in the season.  If Stingley can keep playing that way and they go away from him, they said it would be HUGE for the Texans defense.  Then they are free to double on the other side, Sting could shut down his side of the field by himself.  Because he joined the Texans, I'm more interested in watching Sting than most other Tigers, he's up there with Burrow and Chase.  I like to watch Fournette in Tampa, so glad he got a super bowl ring.  I like to watch Queen at Baltimore and CEH at KC, and Devin White.

14 hours ago, houtiger said:

I watched the start of the Texans game Saturday, Stingley started at CB, only played 2 series of downs.  On one pass play to his side, he was not tight on the receiver, receiver cut to the inside and Sting let him go, the safety had the coverage and they completed the pass between Sting and the safety.  I think it was just the coverage.  Later Sting was in man coverage, the receiver pushed up the field and Sting was in a great backpedal, the receiver stopped  and went back to the QB and a little toward the sideline.  Sting stopped his backpedal and charged the receiver and nudged himself between the QB and the receiver.  The ball came their way and Sting knocked it right down.  Perfect and impressive play.  Damn that Stingley is good.  You can get a football clinic just watching him.  The announcer said they will test Stingley early in the season.  If Stingley can keep playing that way and they go away from him, they said it would be HUGE for the Texans defense.  Then they are free to double on the other side, Sting could shut down his side of the field by himself.  Because he joined the Texans, I'm more interested in watching Sting than most other Tigers, he's up there with Burrow and Chase.  I like to watch Fournette in Tampa, so glad he got a super bowl ring.  I like to watch Queen at Baltimore and CEH at KC, and Devin White.

My wife and I were binge watching the final season of 'Better Call Saul' but my brother called to ask if I was watching any of the football games.  He said Sean Payton was announcing one of the games and he was laying on a Texas accent?