Gameday Tigers

my old High School

Nutriaitch

went to a football game at my Alma Mater for first time in 20 years.  had only been once or twice since graduating.

changed the whole damn thing. 

Home sideline is no on opposite side. No longer have logos painted at midfield or in end zones.  added a souvenir stand?!!?

thought about JayB because we played his Alma Mater tonight. Beat them 31-0. 

and of course though back to my junior year when i returned 2 punts for TDs against them. Had both of them called back for penalties. :atomic: only two times i set foot in the end zone with the ball in my life. 

• 3 months later...

Our school has a Reunion every year. The different years still have one. But the entire school has a reunion every Saturday, the day before Fathers day. We figure most folks would be back in town for that weekend. This would be Glen Oaks High in BTR, but to add, most folks married a spouse, from other schools (Istrouma, Broadmoor,  BTR High, Redemptorist, etc.). We also have a North Baton Rouge Get-together, each year at the Pastime, since the owner is friends with most of us. Our reunion for the school is at Superior Grill, Friday night, we usually have a Graduate and his band play, many folks make a two night get-together.

My wife was an Istrouma Grad., I've made a few of hers, since I know a bunch from her school. Hers would be a two day, one day for family, kids included, then Adults only.

Too add, a good friend of mine started a Facebook Page, "In Memoriam - Classmates from Glen Oaks High School." It was started to show the folks from the Class of 1971, that has passed away. But as more and more people added names, it ended up, anyone Teachers, Students, school workers, etc. were added, not just the class of 71'. Its amazing how many folks died at such a young age. Some didn't make it past 20 years old. He posts a yearbook picture, so most would remember that, as to whats in the obit now, he leaves a space for the obituary. A very hard thing to do, but very thankful for his effort. 

2 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Too add, a good friend of mine started a Facebook Page, "In Memoriam - Classmates from Glen Oaks High School." It was started to show the folks from the Class of 1971, that has passed away. But as more and more people added names, it ended up, anyone Teachers, Students, school workers, etc. were added, not just the class of 71'. Its amazing how many folks died at such a young age. Some didn't make it past 20 years old. He posts a yearbook picture, so most would remember that, as to whats in the obit now, he leaves a space for the obituary. A very hard thing to do, but very thankful for his effort. 

those always suck man. 

i really haven’t kept up with any school mates since graduation. but we lost 3 of them before graduation our senior year. 

including the guy that played Safety on same side of field as me and was the other deep guy with me on kickoffs. 

he and i were never really close off the field. but we would happily throw our bodies in the way to block for each other on returns.

and he always had deep back up for me. always.  he died in a car wreck not long after the season ended. i don’t know if i could have lined up without him back there behind me. 

Archived