Gameday Tigers

Superbowl 2022

houtiger

I think the Rams take it.  Would be a fairy tale ending for the Bengals, and we love Joe and JaMarr.  But I think back to the Titans game and they sacked Joe 9 times.  The Rams have Aaron Donald, great pass rusher.  Joe is a phenom, but Stafford has the experience.  I was a little more impressed with Akers than Mixon at RB.  The tale of the game for me will be can the Cincy o-line protect Joe.  Cincy will need to run a short passing game to negate the Rams pass rush, I don't expect them to give Joe much time.  Joe scrambled out of a lot of pressure against KC, and if he can keep that up today, it will help Cincy.

When the Bengals drafted Joe Burrow, they earned the 1st pick in the draft as a result of having the worst record in football. The last time the Rams had the 1st pick in the draft was in 2016 when they drafted Jared Goff - however, they traded up with the Titans to get that pick and were not the worst team in the league in 2015 (they had a record of 7-9).

The Rams have built a lot more depth over several years than the Bengals have had a chance to.

At the end of the day, I'll be pulling my ass off for JoeyB but I think they have a much steeper hill to Victory than the Rams do.

Burrow is one cool cucumber, though.

I am pulling for the Bengals, but if they find the slim path to a win, Joey B is going to have to play perfect ball, and maybe need a mistake from the Rams.  Joey B has played well against Gumps and Ga. and Clemson that had strong rushes, but LSU's o-line may have been better than the Bengals.  Joe saw where the blitz was coming from because he had studied so much film, and because he is very intelligent.  He knew where his hot receiver was and sometimes hit him in one or two seconds.  I think the pros can disguise what they are doing on defense better than a college team, so its a bigger challenge for Joe.

Can the Bengals get Mixon going in the run game?  That would help so the Rams can't just tee off on Joe.

Joe may put his legs at risk a bit more in the SB, I wonder how many first downs he picks up with his legs.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

Joe may put his legs at risk a bit more in the SB, I wonder how many first downs he picks up with his legs.

I think one key to success is for him to do this early so the Ram's have to keep his mobility in the front of their minds.

What a freaking game! 

The only Super Bowl I remember that was just as exciting was the one with Steve McNair almost scoring at the end (Super Bowl XXXIV: Rams vs Titans).

Whitward singling out Burrow immediately when time expired was special. Could not help but think that Big Whit would have been honored to have Burrow as his QB in that game.

Burrow will be back. Cincy needs to draft OL (not named Ed Ingram) and get  at least one DB better than Eli Apple.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Herb said:

What a freaking game! 

The only Super Bowl I remember that was just as exciting was the one with Steve McNair almost scoring at the end (Super Bowl XXXIV: Rams vs Titans).

Whitward singling out Burrow immediately when time expired was special. Could not help but think that Big Whit would have been honored to have Burrow as his QB in that game.

Burrow will be back. Cincy needs to draft OL (not named Ed Ingram) and get  at least one DB better than Eli Apple.

Pittsburgh Arizona was a good one too.

and Giants Bills

• Like 1