Gameday Tigers

#1 Alabama vs #3 LSU CBS AT NIGHT

Fishhead

I didn’t expect a shutout, but I also didn’t expect a win. Alabama is too good, even better than they usually are. And not to be pessimistic, but I remain convinced that neither LSU nor anyone else will keep them from the playoffs as long as Saban is coaching there. The best we can do is be unbeaten otherwise and play them twice a year.

I don’t think LSU will lose another game this season though, and 10-2 sounds pretty good compared to what I thought this season was going to look like.

• Like 4

Anyone ever hear of Mike Locksley before?  Read the first half of his bio.  Saban put him on staff as an analyst for a year before he made him a coach.  Nice way to REALLY interview your next coach.  Don't just ask him a few questions and let him pull the wool over your eyes, talk to him for a whole year.  Read his reports.  Probably inconspicuously talk to some people who have worked with him, see what they say.  Promote him to position coach, if that is good, have a built in OC candidate that you have totally vetted for 2 years already on staff.

https://rolltide.com/coaches.aspx?rc=807&path=football

3 minutes ago, dachsie said:

For those who were not in chat, what did you think about that call of targeting against Delpit that was reversed?

I thought it was payback for getting it wrong on D White.  Delpit was much more a targeting issue.

They also need to work on the rule.  The definition of the rule can apply in so many cases that are unavoidable "football moves".  And they need to reconsider the penalty.   Ejection for a half seems severe.  Where White led with his hands, no way that should have been targeting.  There is an awful lot of discretion in making that call.  If they are going to keep the severe penalty, there should be a review on Monday and if is not an egregious hit, no suspension for the next game should be levied.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dachsie said:

For those who were not in chat, what did you think about that call of targeting against Delpit that was reversed?

I’m shocked it was overturned. It was way closer to targeting than the call against White. Maybe the SEC was concerned for the safety of the officials on the field...

• Like 2