Gameday Tigers

We Need.........

Fishhead

An OC...and better players in the trenches.  Only way to compete with that machine.  

Love Steve, but he's had two full games to put up 1 single point against GumpTurds and he can't do it.  He can't score against UF either, nor MSU.  Any truly good defense we've faced with him at OC, we've failed to score.  And don't tell me about the 19 we scored against MSU last time out.  7 came off a pick brought back inside the 5 and it still wasn't easy.  

I'm good with O...he has shown he isn't Ole Piss O.  But he needs to have the balls to move Steve to TE coach and get someone in here like he promised.  He said we're gonna get the "best coordinators".  We don't have that on one side of the ball.  

And don't ask me who I would get.  Not my job.  It's O's

The defense can only be expected to hold them back so long. Did you see our drive chart in the first half? I'll give you a sample....

1. Punt 

2. Punt 

3. Punt 

4. Punt

5. Punt

NEGATIVE yards rushing. 

That's not on the defense. That killed the defense. 

• Like 2

We waited until LATE in the 4th to even attempt a screen, which is how you beat that pressure. 

There's a reason we waited. It's because we're no good at them. That's ridiculous. It's a friggin screen pass! It's an elementary play that has been around for eons. 

We're the only team that GumpTurds shut out this year.  Ark. St. scored on them (but may have scored on the backups?).  The defense was good enough to play with them, but could be better on the d-line.  The glaring weakness was the o-line.  We could not keep them out of our backfield on passing plays, and we couldn't open a hole on running plays.  Basically, GumpTurds had a much better player than we did, at most positions, rough guess, about 80% of the positions.  On defense, White, Gready and Delpit are probably better than their counterparts, and that's about it.  On offense, they are probably better than we are at every position, in some cases their backup is better than our starter.  Would you take Najee Harris, their 3rd string running back?  I would.

With the talent deficiency, it is hard to judge the kind of job Steve E. is doing.  But, it is easy to say he's not showing himself to be one of the great offensive minds in the game.  I don't see anything outstanding going on.

As the season comes to a close, O will have to evaluate whether Steve E can give the offense the edge it needs to be a championship team.

But it still goes back to recruiting.  GumpTurds is getting better and increasing the distance between themselves and everyone else.  They are collecting 5* talent, and in many cases THE #1 player at their position in the nation, Tua, Jeudy, Leatherwood, Najee Harris, Surtain, Saivion Smith, maybe others.  Their reach is now national.

If we don't close the talent gap, the coaching won't make much difference.

48 minutes ago, houtiger said:

But it still goes back to recruiting.  GumpTurds is getting better and increasing the distance between themselves and everyone else.  They are collecting 5* talent, and in many cases THE #1 player at their position in the nation, Tua, Jeudy, Leatherwood, Najee Harris, Surtain, Saivion Smith, maybe others.  Their reach is now national.

I can't disagree with this.  It's pretty demoralizing, because getting shut out  (again) by them in " the biggest game of the year" can't be very attractive to recruits. 

(Take Savion off your list though)

We MUST do something along the OL immediately. That was repulsive. Williams and Buggs flat abused our OL. They didn't even have to blitz. This allowed them to play coverage without worrying about Joe having time. Their secondary isn't on the same level as ours. But our OL isn't on the same PLANET as theirs. 

• Like 1

i haven’t felt like that leaving the Stadium since the 90s. 

do they have better players than us?  yes. 

but they have WAAAAAAY better players than some of the shyte teams that at least put up a fornicating fight. 

next time those inbred assholes sing rammer jammer in our stadium, someone from our athletic department needs to have their eyes gouged out by a wolverine hopped up on Angel Dust. 

this was fornicating disgusting. 

and if anyone tries to sugarcoat this shyte burger in any way, you’re just being dishonest with yourself. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, houtiger said:

We're the only team that GumpTurds shut out this year.  Ark. St. scored on them (but may have scored on the backups?).  The defense was good enough to play with them, but could be better on the d-line.  The glaring weakness was the o-line.  We could not keep them out of our backfield on passing plays, and we couldn't open a hole on running plays.  Basically, GumpTurds had a much better player than we did, at most positions, rough guess, about 80% of the positions.  On defense, White, Gready and Delpit are probably better than their counterparts, and that's about it.  On offense, they are probably better than we are at every position, in some cases their backup is better than our starter.  Would you take Najee Harris, their 3rd string running back?  I would.

With the talent deficiency, it is hard to judge the kind of job Steve E. is doing.  But, it is easy to say he's not showing himself to be one of the great offensive minds in the game.  I don't see anything outstanding going on.

As the season comes to a close, O will have to evaluate whether Steve E can give the offense the edge it needs to be a championship team.

I absolutely agree with everything you say here, overall.

And we keep losing players like Dylan Moses and others to them that should be starting for US. 

That is like a company that loses key employees to their #1 industry competitor every year.  The effect it has on your existing employees can't be measured.

My reply to Fish's post earlier was to point out that as good as our defense was, we basically stopped them from scoring on only a handfull of drives. 

The "Great (Devin) White Hope" should never have been a focus by anyone...it was what it was and even with him in the game we had no answer. What we could not do was move the ball and it was apparent that old school smash mouth football would be ineffective early in the game. 

44 minutes ago, dachsie said:

ULL had more yards and points against GumpTurds than we did.  How the heck can that even happen?

Keep in mind that whatever platitudes come out of Saban's mouth during LSU week, he has a huge grudge against LSU for some reason and this is personal for him.  He wants to make sure that Alabama dominates LSU in every phase of the game.

There are reasons this is a huge focus for him like making a statement to the playoff committee, recruiting wars, etc., but this is also hugely personal for Saban to dominate his former employer.

He wants LSU to pay in blood. Every time.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Herb said:

Here are the teams in the last few years that have scored zero points against Alabama:

• LSU (twice)
  • Mercer
  • Vanderbilt
  • Kent State

Doesn't it feel good to be in such elite company?

Arkansas is liquid dogshit this year. 

they had more points at half time against GumpTurds than we’ve had in our last 3 games combined. 

let that sink in. 

You need players, you need 4th and 5th year Sr’s. All too often players are leaving, some not even getting drafted, or drafted way too low. 

But then again, nick is doing things no one else is. Look on the sidelines, coaches and support staff. Anyone see Butch Jones? He’s getting paid by Tenn. 

Too many things you can model after what’s being done at GumpTurds. And yes he had 2 players from La on offense and three on defense that made plays, and every time one of these guys made plays, the announcers, made sure to let you know where they came from. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LSUDad said:

You need players, you need 4th and 5th year Sr’s.

The players Alabama is doing it with are freshmen and sophomores.

When our Juniors and Seniors are getting blown up by Alabama's underclassmen, we have a problem.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fishhead said:

The defense can only be expected to hold them back so long. Did you see our drive chart in the first half? I'll give you a sample....

1. Punt 

2. Punt 

3. Punt 

4. Punt

5. Punt

NEGATIVE yards rushing. 

That's not on the defense. That killed the defense. 

That is what I said at the game last night. It would not have mattered if we had White in the whole game. When the D barely gets to the sidelines and getting water when called back in, over and over and over, how could they not get gassed? I told my game at before the half that there was no way the D, or the crowd, could continue with intensity when the O was shittin' the bed. 

11 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

You need players, you need 4th and 5th year Sr’s. All too often players are leaving, some not even getting drafted, or drafted way too low. 

yet teams that can only dream of fielding the talent we do manage to at least score against Alabama. 

and not just in garbage time either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herb said:

Fixed it for Nootch.

we have 45 combined rushing yards against them in our last two home games. 

FORTY-FIVE

for those of you counting at home, that’s fewer than we’ve ever had in a single game (minus 1/9/12) against anybody over the last decade and a half. 

3 hours ago, Herb said:

Keep in mind that whatever platitudes come out of Saban's mouth during LSU week, he has a huge grudge against LSU for some reason and this is personal for him.  He wants to make sure that Alabama dominates LSU in every phase of the game.

There are reasons this is a huge focus for him like making a statement to the playoff committee, recruiting wars, etc., but this is also hugely personal for Saban to dominate his former employer.

He wants LSU to pay in blood. Every time.

It may be personal with Saban against LSU, probably against the fans because they boo him.  They make this big thing about we gonna whip their ass, and he wants to show us that we're not.  Saban may think that all the pre-game talk from the fans is disrespectful of his team, and he's gonna show us.

But the business reason is the recruiting wars.  Saban knows that is where you win your games, great players.  A big competitor in the SEC is LSU.  He wants to make us look bad so he can sell the top recruits to go to GumpTurds if they want to be winners and champions of the SEC and the Nat. Champs, not LSU.

Saban wants to win, he knows what it takes, and he executes his part.  He doesn't need to dominate ULL because he doesn't go against the ULL coach on the recruiting trail.  He can let his 5* freshmen and soph's get some experience against ULL and win handily.

For Saban its mostly about winning, and putting disrespectful fans in their place.