Gameday Tigers

We Need.........

Fishhead

i don’t think it’s personal against LSU. 

and i doubt seriously that he give 2 sh!ts about fans disrespecting us. 

what he DOES care about is that this is simply the biggest game on his schedule every year. has nothing to with his history here or personal grudges, or our fans booing him. 

LSU is simply the best team in his schedule pretty much every single year. 

there is a reason their bye week is before us. every year

there is a reason this is the only CBS prime time game. every year

there is a reason ESPN game day is at this game. every year 

nothing personal. just business. 

4 hours ago, Herb said:

The players Alabama is doing it with are freshmen and sophomores.

When our Juniors and Seniors are getting blown up by Alabama's underclassmen, we have a problem.

GumpTurds has 30 players on their roster that have taken a Red-Shirt. To add, they have 7 Red-Shirt Sr's on the roster. We have a total of 9 scholarship Sr's, one is a transfer, one is your kicker, another transfer. LSU's two deep has 5 Sr's. GumpTurds has a dozen in their 2 deep. Those are the numbers, I understand frustration, but what I'm saying is numbers. As for La. players, two on offense and three on defense, that made plays last night. But every time they made a  play, the announcers reminded everyone listening what state they were from.

We had 6 underclassmen declare for the draft last year, how good would we be if those folks had stuck around? Guice and Donte Jackson, both were drafted in the 2nd round. Arden Key in the third. Clapp went in the 7th, then Kevin Toliver and Toby Weathersby went undrafted. How good is your Ol with Clapp and Weathersby? How good is the defense with KT2? These are the guys that need to stay. Then you start to matchup.  Recruiting is one thing, re-recruiting is another.

• Like 1

Dad, i do appreciate your insight, but i have to disagree. 

if we talking about why they a dynasty, then yeah it’s the numbers. 

if we talking about 1 game once a year, sorry, but that an excuse. and one i’m not buying. 

unless you’re trying to say Arkansas STATE has better athletes than us. 

GumpTurds has shut out a total of 4 teams the last few years. 

Mercer, Kent St, and Vandy. 

thats who were lumped with in that category. 

EVERYBODY ELSE finds some level of offensive success against them. 

9 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

Dad, i do appreciate your insight, but i have to disagree. 

if we talking about why they a dynasty, then yeah it’s the numbers. 

if we talking about 1 game once a year, sorry, but that an excuse. and one i’m not buying. 

unless you’re trying to say Arkansas STATE has better athletes than us. 

GumpTurds has shut out a total of 4 teams the last few years. 

thats who were lumped with in that category. 

EVERYBODY ELSE finds some level of offensive success against them. 

Yep, then they empty the bench against everyone but us. It’s a statement with us. They study LSU more than any team, it’s known. When you have that schedule, it makes it somewhat easier. Why do they have an open date before us? It adds up, guess it’s just me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

thats who were lumped with in that category

oh, and they’ve done it to us twice. 

which puts us all alone. 

so so unless someone here wants to attempt to make the argument that we are the LEAST talented team Alabama has faced the last 3 years, then it ain’t the players. and it ain’t the depth. 

Les Miles last 3 games vs Alabama, we averaged 15.3 points, never scoring less than 13 in any one game. 

the administration, media, and fans made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that this was unacceptable. 

O’s last 3 games we’re averaging 3.3 per game. with 2 shutouts. 

and some people are trying to sell this off as an improvement. 

2 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

Yep, then they empty the bench against everyone but us. It’s a statement with us. They study LSU more than any team, it’s known. When you have that schedule, it makes it somewhat easier. Why do they have an open date before us? It adds up, guess it’s just me. 

I’m not even talking about beating them. 

Im talking about something that even remotely resembles a reasonable threat to score a fornicating point. 

in 2015, it was said that we had National Championship level talent and coaching was the reason the beat us. 

i want somebody, ANYBODY to make a legit argument that talent level has dropped off so profusely that we can’t even muster 50 yards of rushing or 1 point scored in 2 attempts COMBINED at home at night. 

Les Miles last two home games against them, he handed the Defense a lead needing one stop late in 4th quarter. 

O and Steve told our defense “if you don’t pitch a shutout AND score for us, we’re going to lose”. 

Edited by Nutriaitch
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

Why does GumpTurds have an open date when they play us? It’s not like we are going to beat them. The NCG 21-0, the same season we beat them 9-6, what happened? 

that’s not a new phenomenon. 

they were doing that during the Miles era too.  and somehow we managed to score against them those years when they had arguably better defensive units than they do this year. 

we are currently sitting at 104th in the nation in total offense. 

thats the lowest we’ve been since 2009. 

i want someone to name 100 schools that have more talent than us. 

Army runs the god damn triple option and has more passing TDs than we do this season

I want somebody to argue that ARMY has more offensive talent than we do. 

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

i want somebody, ANYBODY to make a legit argument that talent level has dropped off so profusely that we can’t even muster 50 yards of rushing or 1 point scored in 2 attempts COMBINED at home at night. 

Here is a legitimate argument.  You are not considering all the possibilities.  

You say, show how the talent level has dropped off so much that we can no longer muster 50 rushing yards, or 1 pt.

It is possible, I would say probable, that we have gotten better.  And GumpTurds has gotten better at a faster rate than we have.  That condition would give the result you describe just as well as GumpTurds stayed level (or got better) and we got worse.

I will say this, the first time I remember GumpTurds signing eight 5* players in a signing class was 2 years ago.  I think we signed 2.  GumpTurds accelerated their recruiting significantly into elite status, while we remained constant as we usually sign about two 5*.  The 2018 GumpTurds signing class is similarly elite.

15 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Nootch when you say staff, specify. 

Are you talking about strictly offensive? If so i agree. The proof is in the pudding 

when i say staff, i mean every human being associated with LSU football. 

If that happens to include Aranda and Raymond, i’ll take my chances. 

10 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Here is a legitimate argument.  You are not considering all the possibilities.  

You say, show how the talent level has dropped off so much that we can no longer muster 50 rushing yards, or 1 pt.

It is possible, I would say probable, that we have gotten better.  And GumpTurds has gotten better at a faster rate than we have.  That condition would give the result you describe just as well as GumpTurds stayed level (or got better) and we got worse.

I will say this, the first time I remember GumpTurds signing eight 5* players in a signing class was 2 years ago.  I think we signed 2.  GumpTurds accelerated their recruiting significantly into elite status, while we remained constant as we usually sign about two 5*.  The 2018 GumpTurds signing class is similarly elite.

seriously, you missed a word. 

COMBINED. 

in two games, we still have not reached a COMBINED 50 yards rushing or 1 point of offense. 

y’all say it’s players. 

Anthony fornicating Jennings has more TD passes in one career game against GumpTurds (in a Les Miles/Cam Cameron led offense) than Etling and Burrow do in THREE combined games. 

so does Brandon Harris. 

in 3 games COMBINED, we have now scored a total of 10 points. 

TOTAL. 

that’s fewer than we scored in 

2015 alone

2014 alone

2014 alone

2012 alone

the guys who coached in those 4 games were paid a lot of damn money to never coach us again because “our offense was never going to beat Alabama again”

well, THAT offense plain and simple put up a bigger fight against Alabama than this has. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

seriously, you missed a word. 

COMBINED. 

in two games, we still have not reached a COMBINED 50 yards rushing or 1 point of offense. 

the guys who coached in those 4 games were paid a lot of damn money to never coach us again because “our offense was never going to beat Alabama again”

well, THAT offense plain and simple put up a bigger fight against Alabama than this has. 

It is a miserable performance.  But that does not change the possibility that LSU is not getting worse, we can be getting better, and GumpTurds is getting better at a faster rate than we are.  That may not seem believable since they were already so good, but I think one can make the case that their recruiting classes have in fact become more concentrated with elite players in the last 2 or 3 years.  They could have the #1 recruiting class every year, and still be gaining ground on everyone in the nation, if they sign a bigger and bigger concentration of 5*, number 1 player in the nation at their position, players, and that is what I think I see.  It's not just that they are #1, it is how much better than #2 or 3 or 4 or 5, that they are.

So, do you solely judge how good LSU is on the one game a year vs. GumpTurds?  No, you don't.  If they are leaving everyone in the dust, that is not a fair comparison.  That is a fair comparison when considering how close we are to winning the west, but not to the question of whether we are getting better.  Are we getting better, I would judge on our record, and against what level of competition we played, and our national ranking at the end of the year.  If we're doing better against most teams, then we are getting better, except in the case where the other team is getting worse, such as Ole Piss.  

1 minute ago, houtiger said:

So, do you solely judge how good LSU is on the one game a year vs. GumpTurds?  No, you don't.  

who do you want to be?

a team that wins roughly 9-10 games a year and goes to a good bowl, but never sniffs Atlanta, and doesn’t go to the playoffs?

then I could have saved you $12 mil on Miles’ buyout.  or another close to $2 mil on Canada’s buyout. 

if you aspire for higher than that, then this ain’t it. 

and despite what you think you see, the numbers show that we aren’t getting any closer either. 

in fact, the gap is widening. 

we made a change to close the gap. 

the gap widening is by definition the exact opposite of closing. 

31 minutes ago, houtiger said:

So, do you solely judge how good LSU is on the one game a year vs. GumpTurds?  

Hou, not sure this is a wise question. He's already pointed out our 104th rated offense and the fact ARMY has more passing TDs than us. 

It's not just GumpTurds. You can argue it all you want, but our offense sucks and it's unbelievable that anyone can argue that. 

I disagree with nootch on burning it all down. Pay aranda (as we are) and raymond. They've earned it and warrant it. 

2 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

who do you want to be?

a team that wins roughly 9-10 games a year and goes to a good bowl, but never sniffs Atlanta, and doesn’t go to the playoffs?

then I could have saved you $12 mil on Miles’ buyout.  or another close to $2 mil on Canada’s buyout. 

if you aspire for higher than that, then this ain’t it. 

and despite what you think you see, the numbers show that we aren’t getting any closer either. 

in fact, the gap is widening. 

we made a change to close the gap. 

the gap widening is by definition the exact opposite of closing. 

Of course we want to win the west.  How do you do that?  You have to get better.  I think we are getting better, when you look at this whole season so far.  We're still ranked in the top 10.  Under Miles, the program was going down.  Under O, it looks like it is going up.

I looked at the game replay and found the graphic I had seen, and Saban has had 21 first round picks from GumpTurds in the last 10 years, 11 on defense, 10 on offense.  But 8 of those first round picks were in the last 2 years.  What that shows is he is bringing in elite talent at a faster rate than he did early in his tenure at GumpTurds.  And that's my point.

Now if we want to fire every coach that can't beat Nick, how many coaches are we gonna fire, and how long do you want to give them before you fire them?  He's the best in the business, he's at a powerhouse platform university, he's got his program installed, refined and running.  He wants to retire as the greatest coach in college football history, and he's executing and getting better, fast.  How much did signing Tua improve his program?  Hint: more than Burrow improved our program (although we love Joe).

So, if O finishes in the top 10, you want to fire him?

2 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Hou, not sure this is a wise question. He's already pointed out our 104th rated offense and the fact ARMY has more passing TDs than us. 

It's not just GumpTurds. You can argue it all you want, but our offense sucks and it's unbelievable that anyone can argue that. 

I disagree with nootch on burning it all down. Pay aranda (as we are) and raymond. They've earned it and warrant it. 

Stats are for losers.  Who has Army played?  We're 7-2, ranked #9 in the nation.  You want to fire all the coaches except 2?  Who are you going to bring in that hands down, can improve our team FASTER than Saban is improving GumpTurds???  Saban is the best in the business, and he has PROVEN it consistently.  Year in and year out excellence.  Who has a proven track record that says he can beat GumpTurds, even once?  And how long do you think it would take said coach to build the program up enough to do it?  Or do you think there is a coach who is so clever that he can take our current kids and draw up some better plays and beat Nick next year?

"So, if O finishes in the top 10, you want to fire him"

I know that is for nootch, but i started this thread to say we need...a new OC.

Do you or do you not agree with that?

I personally never said anything about firing O (this year)

I will say this. Miles had LSU in the playoff picture his last couple years. Until he played GumpTurds. Nootch has asked many times, why did we fire miles just to stay the same? Your assumption is that we'll win out and finish top ten. You don't know that though. 

2 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Stats are for losers.  Who has Army played?  We're 7-2, ranked #9 in the nation.  You want to fire all the coaches except 2?  Who are you going to bring in that hands down, can improve our team FASTER than Saban is improving GumpTurds???  Saban is the best in the business, and he has PROVEN it consistently.  Year in and year out excellence.  Who has a proven track record that says he can beat GumpTurds, even once?  And how long do you think it would take said coach to build the program up enough to do it?  Or do you think there is a coach who is so clever that he can take our current kids and draw up some better plays and beat Nick next year?

You're making stuff up. I didn't say fire O. I said we need a new OC. And i think we need a new wr coach, running backs coach, and qb coach. 

I said we're 104th in offense and you bring up armys sos. Wth? The fact that army has thrown more TDs than LSU is horrific because they run an offense that nearly never throws. Keep up, man

Btw, we were 7-0 heading into the 2015 GumpTurds game. 

Miles was nearly fired a couple weeks later, and was fired less than a month into the next season. The reason? Offense sucked. 

This whole thread has to do with the offense. The one that we currently have that has NEVER scored a single point against Alabama. If you think we should keep this current OC going forward, tell me why. The one that got miles fired was better. You can say stats are for losers, but facts are facts. 

11 hours ago, LSUDad said:

You need players, you need 4th and 5th year Sr’s. All too often players are leaving, some not even getting drafted, or drafted way too low. 

Any 5th year sr probably isn't very good. Quite frankly, these days, the great players are gone in 3 years. 

The ones that left us early last season were just not very smart, because they weren't nearly good enough. (Not talking about donte and guice obviously)

6 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Any 5th year sr probably isn't very good. Quite frankly, these days, the great players are gone in 3 years. 

I agree.

Which is why we're seeing Alabama's freshman and sophomores manhandle our juniors and seniors.

• Like 1