Gameday Tigers

We Need.........

Fishhead

55 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Prior to the GumpTurds game, everyone seemed very comfortable with the direction of the program.  7-1, ranked #3 in the nation.

November. 2015

UNDEFEATED, #2 in the nation. 

on the road against Alabama. 

LSU does this thing where an offensive players crosses the goal line with the ball in his possession. Did it twice actually. 

the guy coaching that team got FIRED. 

run off

shitcanned

told “pack your shyte and leave!”

paid a fuckton of money to never coach us again. 

why?

his offense sucked.  especially against Alabama. 

and i am on record then, and still am right now, that removing that guy was the correct move. 

THIS shyte IS WORSE. 

by literally every single measurable criteria know to man. 

thats not my opinion. that’s not a guess. that’s not a gut feeling  

it is a provable statistical fact.

in 3 entire games combined. THREE GAMES COMBINED.

we have yet to equal the point total of ONE game under the guy whose offense was so putrid, he got fornicating fired.

Les Miles needed to be fired.

This duo needs to be deported.

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

Nootch, i'm sure you've done this, but if you'd be so kind as to remove the outliers from our offensive numbers and tell me where we rank?

Like, remove Alabama and The Land Sharts. That'll give us a true idea of where we stand offensively. SURELY it will be better removing that zero-burger from the GumpTurds game...

those of you that know me, know i’m a numbers guy and i like statistical anomalies when i find them. 

Ole Piss was our best yardage by 98yds over next best game

Alabama was our worst by exactly 100yds

im too lazy to look right now, but i wonder how many teams best game and worst game are by nearly identical margins to 2nd place in both categories. 

49 minutes ago, Herb said:

We also need...

a new strength and conditioning coach.

The kids in Alabama uniforms all looked like someone took our players and inflated them to be 1.25x larger with a bicycle pump. 

Nick tried to hire, take with him, to Miami, Tommy Moffitt. The GumpTurds S&C Coach Scott Cochran trained under Moffitt. When nick couldn’t get Moffitt, he hired a guy I know, Bert Hill. Bert was on the Detroit Lions staff when Eric  Andolsek was playing there. 

There is a good reason Moffitt stays here in BTR, he’s had a number of offers, both college and Pros. 

Look on the GumpTurds sideline, anyone see Butch Jones, Tenn is paying him to coach for GumpTurds. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

sorry Dad, but i think Tommy Moffit is overrated.

we have gotten softer and softer the last several years. 

Maybe the guy just needs a change of scenery or something. But it seems like we’re nowhere near as physically strong as we had been and we wear down earlier in the year.

and no offense, but what does Butch Jones have to do with anything?  Unless you’re making the point that Saban is hiring former FBS head coaches while O is hiring his Mandeville High buddies. Then yeah it’s been noticed. 

11 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

name 100 teams with more talent than LSU. 

if you can do, that, then I’ll buy the recruiting argument. 

if you can’t name 100, or at least come close to 100, then the reason we currently sit outside of the top 100 in total offense is NOT the players. 

You ignore too many other variables.  You ignore the schedule, who we played.  You ignore what EVERYONE is saying in the press, the difference in talent levels between the two teams, GumpTurds and LSU, is big.  In fact the difference between GumpTurds and EVERYONE else is big.  I posted an article just above, the sportswriters say the talent level difference is big.  I heard Marcus Spears on SEC Network, and his #1 takeaway from the game was how great the difference in talent level was.  And much of the difference now comes from Tua.  We saw Ga. whipping GumpTurds last year in the Nat. Champ game the first half, put Tua in the second have and they whipped Ga. and won the game.  If an experienced Tua had been in the whole game it would not have been close.  He would have lengthened some drives, increase GumpTurds's time of posession (when he wasn't hitting 40 yard strikes), and that game would not have been close.  Let's watch the SEC championship game.  

I think LSU called off the dogs late in the Miss State game, run run run, run out the clock and get out with your win.  In some cases we could have scored more, but decided not to.  No need to take the risk when the game is won.

27 minutes ago, houtiger said:

You ignore too many other variables.  You ignore the schedule, who we played.  

ok, name 11 teams in the SEC with more talent than LSU.  That’s how many are ahead of us offensively. 

name 6 teams in the West that have more talent than us.  That’s how many are ahead of us offensively.

They've all played a similar schedule to us.

no, they didn’t play against Miami, but also WE didn’t have to play against Aranda.

if we don’t have the least amount of talent. and the schedules are roughly equal, what are you left with?

oh, and as far as what the media says........

turn on a radio to some of the national channels. for several weeks now, the talk has been things like this:

I don’t think LSU has enough offense

Where will LSU get its points?

There really isn’t any difference between this LSU offense and when Miles was there

LSU cannot move the football

and all of these were said BEFORE playing against Alabama. 

14 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Tamu's is harder

Currently averaging nearly 100 more yards per game than we are, and they didn’t get to feast on Ole Piss yet. 

Against common opponents (Alabama, Auburn, Miss St):

A&M - 369yds, 20 points per game

LSU - 268 yds, 13 points per game

Aggy played all 3 games on the road. We played 2 of the 3 at home. 

here’s another way to look at it....

how many power 5 schools do you think are clamoring to hire either O or E away from us?

teams have already tried with Aranda, so don’t say they wouldn’t try if they wanted them.

now, how many power 5 schools would love to have our roster instead of theirs?

12 hours ago, houtiger said:

I think LSU called off the dogs late in the Miss State game, run run run, run out the clock and get out with your win.  In some cases we could have scored more, but decided not to.  No need to take the risk when the game is won.

Les, that you?

it’s kinda like this is happening.

we had a car. a mustang. pretty car. had the Shelby Cobra body package. But we didn’t have the Shelby engine. Thats we didn’t win the races that mattered most. So we bought a different car. 

and we bought a Taurus.

a decent car. gets you from point A to point B. not sexy in anyway though. and now we’re not just losing the races that matter most, but we’re actually getting lapped. 

and everyone is stoked that the Taurus didn’t erupt into flames. 

the goal was always “anything less than competing for championships is underachieving”

and somehow we went from that to “did not catch itself on fire is overachieving” 

its fornicating baffling to me. 

Good article:

https://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2018/11/6/18069098/rome-wasnt-built-in-a-day-neither-will-lsu-offensive-line

And another take:

I’m tired of Alabama.

I’m tired of the vacuum they’ve created in the minds of LSU fans, and the absolutely insanity losing to them creates. And I’m not participating in it. I’m not litigating the state of the program right now, I’m not debating who needs to be fired — firing somebody based off losing to Alabama is completely fornicating stupid.

There are three games left, all three of them varying degrees of winnable. LSU has a chance to finish with at least 10 regular season wins for the first time in six seasons, and possibly clinch a spot in a New Year’s Six bowl, maybe even the Sugar Bowl against a marquee opponent.

With a team that was picked to win seven games this summer and finish fifth place in the SEC West. That’s a successful season, by any measure, especially in year two for Ed Orgeron. And it’s a chance for this coaching staff to continue to build, work to close the gap and show if they are capable of competing for championships.

Whether they are, or whether they aren’t, shouldn’t, and isn’t determined by what happened on Saturday. If that was enough for you, I doubt that game proved anything you didn’t think you knew on Friday.

https://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2018/11/6/18066496/2018-lsu-football-game-nine-alabama-review-i-am-tired

• Like 4

One more observation. I hate the gumps as much as any Tiger in Tigerland - BUT - in watching several of their games this fall I have noticed that GumpTurds's players are "more".

More better.

More bigger.

More faster.

More deeper.

just plain 'ole MORE.

It's a sad fact that Nick takes his pick of all the recruits in the country - even in our own state - and everyone else gets the leavings. I expect this trend to continue until Nick quits or dies, which may occur at the same time. Geaux Tigers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paducahmichael said:

For those keeping score - GumpTurds had a shutout today against #16 Mississippi State. Might want to factor that in, not that it makes much difference.

8 hours ago, Fishhead said:

So we're comparing ourselves with msu now? Ouch...

And they kept them to fewer points than we did

9 hours ago, paducahmichael said:

For those keeping score - GumpTurds had a shutout today against #16 Mississippi State. Might want to factor that in, not that it makes much difference.

did you watch the game?

because i watched Miss St legitimately score a TD and have it taken from them. 

• Like 1

so now that we’ve played another BAD defense, does anyone still want to make the talent vs coaching argument?

going into last night, Arky was the 101st ranked pass defense and the 105th ranked scoring defense in the country. 

we put nearly identical numbers against them as Eastern Illinois did. 

yes i’m aware we could have scored 7 more points and gained one more yard if we wanted to  

Edited by Nutriaitch