Gameday Tigers

LSU @ Arkansas 6:30 pm SECN/98.1 FM

Fishhead

It's that time of year again...the post-GumpTurds Arkansas game. The last two years, LSU has rebounded well coming off the GumpTurds game, and they'll need to do so again. 

It's one of the things I think O has handled better than his predecessor, Les Miles.  LSU had a propensity to mail it in after losing to GumpTurds, as if the season was over.  Do we want championships?  Of course.  But is the season over when that's out of the realm of possibility?  NO!  To quote Herm Edwards, "You play...to win...THE GAME"!!   

So tonight the Tigers meet the Hogs on the frozen tundra of Reynolds Razorback Stadium with getting back on track the order of the day. Arkansas, with 1st year HC Chad Morris, are struggling through some growing pains and waiting for Morris to get the right guys to run his program.  A familiar face is with the Hogs this season, 1st year DC John Chavis.  Considering the trouble LSU had with Chavis while he was at TAMU....oh wait....

FRICK DEM!!

I woke up this morning, sliced open a BACON wrapped PORK loin I smoked for 8 hours and had a phenomenal breakfast!!  Later today, I'll enjoy some PORK sausage that shared the smoker with the BACON wrapped PORK loin!  It's GAME ON and time to....

GEAUX!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• Fishhead pinned and featured this topic

I have chicken and SAUSAGE  gumbo on the stove now.  Company for the weekend so we will kick back and eat gumbo and watch the game. Hope the team can't shake off that loss and find some focus to carry through the rest of the season.  A good bowl game is still possible, and time to finish strong and take some momentum into the post season!

• Like 1

As said in chat the end of game was unsatisfying

but a win is a win

I have one question... why aren't people protesting/making petitions to 'free Tusk' the fugly pig/razorback....(like they do for Mike)? seriously did you see that glass tomb with the bright lights he was in on the sidelines? Does he have a habitat to 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

As said in chat the end of game was unsatisfying

but a win is a win

I have one question... why aren't people protesting/making petitions to 'free Tusk' the fugly pig/razorback....(like they do for Mike)? seriously did you see that glass tomb with the bright lights he was in on the sidelines? Does he have a habitat to 

Very. I am worried about the ATM game.  Maybe it is me, but it seems like Tuscaloosa U is still in their heads. 

And I agree on Tusk. I guess a tiger is a sexier protest. Fug peta.

To Arky's credit they didn't quit down 24-3 in the 4th. Game had an odd feel to it. Despite all the verbiage to the contrary I'm sure there was a bit of an emotional let down after last week. This Rice games comes at a good time. Should go into A&M game 9-2 with a chance for  10-2 season. Vegas predicted a 7-5 season and many of our fans predicted worse.  Happy to see this team proved them all wrong.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Just making sure. We just struggled to put away one of the worst and least talented teams in the country. I'm not looking ahead lol. 

I realize Rice is even worse, but unfortunately, this team continues to play to their competition. 

Too true. I should have thought about all remaining game possibilities, but my thoughts immediately went to ATM. 

2 hours ago, Herb said:

Missed the game.  No SEC Network subscription here. Also had committed to a party at a neighbor's.

Did we have another offensive lull?

Worried about TAMU due to injuries.  

I believe we held them to 16 (yes, SIXTEEN) yds rushing.  

With a chance to go up 27-10 (that's 3 scores), O decided to go for it on 4th and a LONG 1 well within Cole's FG range.  Slinger dialed up an awesome run play with Joe in shotgun formation and 9 in the box.  It was thrilling. 

Arky gets it to within 7 and we finally get a nice drive going.  With approx 1 minute left and the chance to go up 14 and Arky out of TOs, Brossette decides to be like Todd Gurley and slide down inside the 5.  In and of itself, not a bad idea.  Although one quick cut and he's in the EZ.  Anyway, we then proceed to run another Brossette run.  He gets to the 1 and slides down again.  Can't make this shyte up.  Then, WE TRIED ANOTHER RUNNING PLAY and got tackled.  Game over.  

What in the actual frick??  I swear if the FBI isn't at Brossette's door right now questioning him about point shaving I'll be shocked, since that TD beats the spread.  

Seriously though, if Nick slides down and we take two knees, game's over.  But these brilliant minds don't even realize that and risk a fumble by running two more plays.

Here's the deal.  I didn't expect us to beat UGA AND AU.  (OK, I didn't expect us to beat AU in Jordan Haire at all).  I'm not all that dissatisfied with a potential 10-2 regular season considering what most were predicting.  And I think O has done some good things.  But there was some really stupid calls in that game and "Slinger" isn't cut out to be an SEC OC anymore.  He's just not.  TE coach, sure.  But not OC for LSU dammit.  

And don't tell me about continuity.  Kendall Briles makes $400K at Houston.  In this his first year, he improved that offense from 65th to 6th!  

Get a damn OC...and quite frankly, replace the whole offensive staff.  Not a one of them is doing a good job based on what we've shown this season.  We are 104th in total offense right now...after 10 games!!!!!!  It's not acceptable!

Rant over ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

for what?

Alleva had a clause in Miles original contract that extended the contract a year, every year that Miles won at least 8 games.  I thought it was a stupid clause, you should let the contract run down and then negotiate with 2 years left on it.  Eventually the clause was taken out, maybe when they extended Miles when Arky was looking for a head coach and brought in Biellema.  That was a real stupid extension because it was for too long, 4 or 5 years, which is why we are still on the hook paying Les.

But, O got a 5 year deal, and I agree, way too early to talk extension. 

22 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Alleva had a clause in Miles original contract that extended the contract a year, every year that Miles won at least 8 games.  I thought it was a stupid clause, you should let the contract run down and then negotiate with 2 years left on it.  Eventually the clause was taken out, maybe when they extended Miles when Arky was looking for a head coach and brought in Biellema.  That was a real stupid extension because it was for too long, 4 or 5 years, which is why we are still on the hook paying Les.

But, O got a 5 year deal, and I agree, way too early to talk extension. 

has that 8 game clause for Miles ever been confirmed? i’ve heard it before but never as anything more than a rumor.