Gameday Tigers

LSU @ A&M. 6:30 SECN : 98.1

Nutriaitch

5 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Shea Dixon is saying that there is a rumor that the A&M coach in the red shirt punched Steve Kragthorpe who has Parkinson’s. A&M coach got what he deserved. Absolute trash from a trashy program

LSU official: Analyst Kragthorpe punched on field after game; Kevin Faulk seen in scuffle

lsutexasamfootball.112518_HS_5675

LSU director of player development Kevin Faulk, left, and an unknown man with a Texas A&M home bench credential throw punches in the second half of the Aggies' 74-72 win over the Tigers in the 7th overtime, Saturday, November 24, 2018, at Texas A&M's Kyle Field in College Station, Texas.

Advocate staff photo by HILARY SCHEINUK

LSU analyst Steve Kragthorpe, a team special assistant who suffers from Parkinson's disease, was punched on the field after the Tigers' seven-overtime loss to Texas A&M, an LSU offical told The Advocate early Sunday.

Kragthorpe was checked out after the punch and is OK.

LSU director of player personnel Kevin Faulk was seen in a post-game skirmish on the field. The man sparring with Faulk is wearing a red Texas A&M shirt and a game credential.

Gordy Rush, the sideline reporter for LSU radio, said on WDGL-FM 98.1 that after the game was over, Texas A&M wide receiver coach Dameyune Craig ran to the LSU sideline and trash talked. He also said the man wearing the red shirt was the one who punched Kragthorpe.

LSU officials said they're looking into the incident.

Texas A&M sports information director Alan Cannon said that the schools' athletic officials are looking into the matter.

I enjoyed the game.  It was hard fought, competitive.  I remember Dalon Mack (dt for the Aggies) was supposed to come to LSU, but when Alleva messed with Chief's contract and he went to aTm, he brought Mack with him  He'll play on Sundays.  We didn't have a back as good as their Williams and it hurt us.  Burrow played his guts out, props to him.  I disagree with the reception / fumble that was ruled incomplete, should have won the game there.  Seems like all the close ref calls went aTm way.

It was a close competitive game between two close teams.  Both played hard, and as I say, I enjoyed it.  I was thinking after the 3rd overtime, whoever wins, it was a good game.

Geaux Tigers!

4 hours ago, houtiger said:

I enjoyed the game.  It was hard fought, competitive.  I remember Dalon Mack (dt for the Aggies) was supposed to come to LSU, but when Alleva messed with Chief's contract and he went to aTm, he brought Mack with him  He'll play on Sundays.  We didn't have a back as good as their Williams and it hurt us.  Burrow played his guts out, props to him.  I disagree with the reception / fumble that was ruled incomplete, should have won the game there.  Seems like all the close ref calls went aTm way.

It was a close competitive game between two close teams.  Both played hard, and as I say, I enjoyed it.  I was thinking after the 3rd overtime, whoever wins, it was a good game.

Geaux Tigers!

I just see him as somewhat of a miss, never really played as to how he was recruited. Wonder if he would have been better here?  

I wondered this when it happened, so I'll wonder about it with y'all. QB fumbles snap, has his knee down a micro-second as his hand is merely touching the ball. He doesn't have possession of the ball until he stands and picks it up. Pretend that when his knee was down, an LSU player dives in and gets the ball. QB wouldn't be considered down just by touching the ball. On any fumble, the first guy who falls on the ball touches it, but he doesn't recover it until he or someone has possession of the ball. Another example, many times a player fumbles, is near the ball and sticks a hand out on the ball while laying down. The play is not blown dead merely because he has a hand on the ball. Somebody recovers the fumble by possessing the ball.

Won't change anything, but I feel better posting it anyway.

my guess (and this is purely a guess):

because he touched the ball while down, he can not advance the ball.  he’s not technically down until he attempts to advance. 

meaning i think he theoretically could have pitched it backwards, someone else could have taken it,etc. 

but the moment he attempts to advance it, it becomes a dead ball down at the spot where he touched it while down. 

i equate it to downing a punt. 

play isn’t dead immediately upon a member of punt team touching ball. it stays “live” until balls movement is stopped by punt team or picked up and returned by return team  

HOWEVER, if it is ultimately downed by punting team, it will be returned to the spot where it was initially touched by the punt team. 

Archived