Gameday Tigers

Blame Game

Fishhead

So who do we blame?

Cole doinked a FG. But no...

Refs? Sure, plenty of questionable calls/ non- calls

Damn sure not Joe.  Damn what a gamer! Love that kid. 

Injuries? Would've loved to have Kristian out there tonight. Fehoko too. 

Defense? Seemed we went prevent late in regulation and mond picked it apart. 

Thing I hated the most was playing for a FG in whatever OT that was where we ran joe repeatedly and didn't think about 18, who has been basically unstoppable recently.  TAMU kept going to 13. We didn't keep using 18.

Lots of good play calls tonight, but that sequence repeatedly running Joe frustrated me.

Giles. My God man do we not have a better returner?? 

I have not seen the game yet...My cable provider has placed SEC Network in a subscription package that I refuse to pay for on top of both a premium channel lineup + an "HD" subscription (that still does not get me all HD channels)...I refuse to pay for that out of principle.

I'll watch it on YouTube once it is up.

Having said that, I saw replays on ESPN of the non-interception, the gifted 1st down, and the 1 second add-on to the clock and I have to say the only legit call was calling TAMU's QB down by knee before the pick.

5 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Refs? Sure, plenty of questionable calls/ non- calls

I'd prefer to call it rapeage...freaking ridiculous...

5bfa5cb67d62f.image.gif

An NCAA memo from September 2017, the rule is updated as follows:

"If the clock is stopped with three or more seconds remaining in a quarter, and the clock will start on the Referee’s signal, the Offense may spike the ball and if executed properly could have time remaining for another play. If the clock is stopped with 2 or 1 seconds in a quarter and will start on the Referee’s signal, there is only enough time for one more play."

On what planet is this not a catch with a two step run AFTER the catch?

5bfa5923cb4ff.image.gif

42 minutes ago, Herb said:

They did not have 7 men on the LOS...all of the 4 receivers lined up to the right are at least a yard behind.

This one i disagree with. Look at the right tackles right foot. I mean,  he's DEFINITELY on the LOS. 

Now look at all 4 of those dudes out wide. They're ALL on the LOS. That's just a shitty angle

4 hours ago, Fishhead said:

This one i disagree with. Look at the right tackles right foot. I mean,  he's DEFINITELY on the LOS. 

Now look at all 4 of those dudes out wide. They're ALL on the LOS. That's just a shitty angle

The ball is spotted on the 18 yd line.  That is the LOS, not where the linemen's back feet are.

The center's head is directly over the ball, his arse is a yard off the ball...where are the WRs in relation to either the center's head or his arse?

Now - granted - refs give a lot of leeway as to what the LOS is and it drives me nuts when DL are seemingly in the "neutral zone", but how far back from where the ball is spotted is it still the line of scrimmage???

36 minutes ago, Herb said:

The ball is spotted on the 18 yd line.  That is the LOS, not where the linemen's back feet are.

The center's head is directly over the ball, his arse is a yard off the ball...where are the WRs in relation to either the center's head or his arse?

Now - granted - refs give a lot of leeway as to what the LOS is and it drives me nuts when DL are seemingly in the "neutral zone", but how far back from where the ball is spotted is it still the line of scrimmage???

this would not be called at any point in any game. 

to femaledog about it not being called on the most crucial snap of regulation is just not being honest. 

blockquote widge

23 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

this would not be called at any point in any game. 

to femaledog about it not being called on the most crucial snap of regulation is just not being honest. 

By definition, the QB "under center" is in the backfield.  All 4 of those WRs on the right are on the same yard line as the QB. Therefore, how can they not be in the backfield instead of on the LOS?

You are correct, this is rarely called.  Unless - of course - you are LSU and playing Alabama, in which case they will call "illegal formation" all day long.

27 minutes ago, Herb said:

blockquote widge

By definition, the QB "under center" is in the backfield.  All 4 of those WRs on the right are on the same yard line as the QB. Therefore, how can they not be in the backfield instead of on the LOS?

You are correct, this is rarely called.  Unless - of course - you are LSU and playing Alabama, in which case they will call "illegal formation" all day long.

only have to break the hip of the center. 

#2 and #13 both satisfy that rule.  plus the 5 down linemen give you 7 on the line. 

there were definitely some calls that should be questioned. 

this particular play was called correctly. 

1 hour ago, Herb said:

Point being, if those WRs aren't on the LOS, neither is that right tackle. 

I think that pic is just an awful angle to make an argument. 

On 11/25/2018 at 2:10 AM, Fishhead said:

So who do we blame?

in no particular order:

23209413-4357-42B0-88E4-904D59968B8B.jpeg.5624a86c5441e00293048b119e9bcf21.jpeg

that is where his headset spent most of the OT period.  even when it’s on his ears, the mic is rarely lowered for him to speak. He may just be listening to spotify when it’s on his ears. 

17E434FE-CB95-4A78-9196-5FBA71FE16E7.thumb.jpeg.189c170479ca35f1e6f7544c16b08d0d.jpeg

sputtered through entire 2nd half. with a chance to win the game late in regulation, failed to gain 1 first down to ice it. with a chance to end it in 4th OT, played for the FG.

A693E43D-84F9-4888-A814-83921F6AB1BB.thumb.jpeg.91d32b51d92d080e09a44903f200f23f.jpeg

caption next to his ugly mug says it all.

Aranda is not completely off the hook either, but his defense was the reason it was even a game in the 2nd half. 

Moffit. how many years do we have to watch this team run completely out of gas down the stretch before he has to shoulder any blame?

Just a friendly reminder of what I posted at one time.

The only way to get rid of Alleva is for the fb program to burn.  If the program does well, it will make money, and Alleva will keep his job. It's a wicked catch-22.  We cannot have a winning program AND get rid of Alleva. 

53 minutes ago, La Tigresse said:

Just a friendly reminder of what I posted at one time.

The only way to get rid of Alleva is for the fb program to burn.  If the program does well, it will make money, and Alleva will keep his job. It's a wicked catch-22.  We cannot have a winning program AND get rid of Alleva. 

just need to hire someone to #metoo him. 

Archived