Gameday Tigers

Brian Polian Was On This Morning, Well Worth A Listen.

LSUDad

1 hour ago, Herb said:

@LSUDad, did you catch the comment from Polian about how LSU sometimes benefits by NOT bringing a player on? Thought of previous comments from you on that one.

Very astute of you to notice this one. Talking with friends in the coaching profession, this will come up time to time. Arnsparger passed once on a player. Dinardo once said, “I don’t worry about the ones we missed, I worry about the ones we got” One former LSU coach was asked, how many of your players graduate? His reply,”All them that wants to!” 
Coaches often talk about a good fit, that goes with Players and Coaches. 

Enjoy your weekend Herb. 

Talking with a few folks while I’m in BTR, I’m getting too much of the same thing. This staff operates more like an NFL Staff, they have information on players, detailed information. They have information on kids that left the state, gone to other schools. Any high school player that shows interest, they get as much information as they can. 

Coach Kelly is building his roster, Polian, much like his Dad, has been a major part of this rebuild. Polian started as a GA at Michigan St, in 1997, who was the Head Coach there? 

When Kelly was hired, he had a short window, for his first signing class. It’s going to be nice to see how he does on the next class. 

Going to try and meet up with a couple more friends, just to get their take on the workings of this staff and Kelly. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Kelly will try to get this roster as close to the 85 number as he can, before the season starts. 
Every where he’s been, he’s had a vision, plan, blueprint, end result to where he’s wants his team. Listening to assistant coaches talk, they are all in on what he wants to do, the direction headed. Much of the same with the players. 
Kelly has built programs at Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, Cincy and Norte Dame.