Gameday Tigers

Kary Vincent, Sr Has Passes Away At 49 Years Old

LSUDad

Prayers for All.

Report: Kary Vincent Sr., father of LSU DB Kary Vincent Jr., passes away at age 49

ADAM SPENCER | 1 HOUR AGO

On Wednesday, the LSU and Texas A&M families got some bad news, as it was reported that former A&M DB Kary Vincent Sr. passed away.

Vincent, who was the father of current LSU DB Kary Vincent Jr., was only 49 years old.

Kary Vincent Sr., Memorial assistant coach, passes away at 49

Meshach Sullivan | December 26, 2018
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Kary Vincent Jr.'s family, including step-mother Angela Vincent, father Kary Vincent, Sr., and brother Kyler Vincent, 11, applaud after he makes his comments having been named defensive player winner during the annual Willie Ray Smith Awards ceremony Wednesday night at the MCM Elegante Hotel. The region's top offensive and defensive players were honored at the event, which is sponsored by the Beaumont Founders Lions Club and in its 25th year. Photo taken Wednesday, February 22, 2017 Kim Brent/The Enterprise Photo: Kim Brent
Photo: Kim Brent

IMAGE 1 OF 3

Kary Vincent Jr.'s family, including step-mother Angela Vincent, father Kary Vincent, Sr., and brother Kyler Vincent, 11, applaud after he makes his comments having been named defensive player winner during the

... more

Memorial special teams' and defensive backs' coach Kary Vincent Sr. passed away at the age of 49 on Wednesday after battling health issues since early September.

He also coached the sprinters for the Titans track team. The last football game that he coached for Memorial was against Deer Park on August 31.

Recommended Video

00:07
01:11

"Thanks for everything coach Vincent," Memorial's kicker Kenny Pham said on Twitter. "For being my coach, giving knowledge, and being my pops. I really appreciate the time we had. Love you pops, get your rest, we will see you."

Vincent Sr. was hospitalized in Arlington for three weeks due to pneumonia, which would put him in a coma for a part of those three weeks.

He was in Arlington to see his son Kary Vincent Jr. play for LSU.

Vincent Sr. was a graduate of Thomas Jefferson HS. He went on to play college football at Texas A&M, and was drafted in the sixth round of the 1992 NFL Draft by the New Orleans Saints.

"Titan Nation lost an unbelievable human being today," Memorial's head coach Brian Morgan said on Twitter. "Your personality and charisma will be sorely missed."

#RIP My mom passed away at 52 three months after I graduated from LSU.  She had never been sick a day in her life and we had no advanced warning, died in her sleep of a massive heart attack.  It is a challenge at a young age to deal with the loss of a parent. I'm sure is LSU family will be there for him.

So sorry Hatch. A good friend of mine lost his Mom Tuesday, on Christmas Day. She was 63. Her too was a massive heart attack.

A guy I graduate with, started a Facebook page as to all the folks from our graduating class, that had passed away. He would most times put a picture from the year books. It has since expanded to all from our high school, who has passed. It’s unreal to see some folks never making it passed 25 years old. 

I had a first cousin die at 44 from pneumonia.  That can be some tough stuff.  I took my first pneumonia shot this year (prevanar 13), not first in my life, but first since I needed to renew the vacination since the effective period of the last one had lapsed.  Next year I take the second shot (something 23 I think).  The two shots, a year apart, are supposed to be better than the older one shot.

Archived