Gameday Tigers

Taking Better Care of myself.

Nutriaitch

Had my checkup Monday, all good, EKG and Stress. I asked the girl giving the stress test, finding a parking spot, was that part of the stress test? 

I'm immature for my age, according to my pediatrician. 

Joking aside, all good, Cholesterol 174, all the other numbers good. Still no meds, he tells me to take a 81mg aspirin, which I forget most every day. 

9 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

mine was 105

im on my meds for at least 1 year after the last procedure. so at least another 8 months or so. 

Keep it up, I’m suppose to take a 81mg  aspirin, but I forget. So if I miss them for say 5 days, I just take 5 of them. Now the Dr tells me, that’s not how it works. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been battling some health issues.  About four years ago I was diagnosed with a brain disorder called syncope.  It caused me to pass out including one time while driving.  I had to retire sooner than anticipated and am no longer able to drive.  My doctors have tried various medicines and the number of events have been significantly reduced.  I completely gave up the hard liquor and now when I drink it's a couple of beers.

I've undergone a battery of tests recently.  Head, heart & lungs.  The exam on the heart showed a couple of minor things they want to investigate further.  My family doctor referred me to a pulmonologist who I saw Wednesday.  He's going to run some more tests on my lungs.  And on top of all of that I had an eye exam a few days ago and I have cataracts on both eyes.  Surgeries scheduled for next month.  Other than all of that I'm fine.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I actually suffered from syncopatic episodes when I was younger. First one at about 12 and then a series of them between 19-25 years old. I was able to feel them coming and prepare, but couldn't stop them from happening.  Had one while driving and pulled over safely, killed the truck, and woke up about 3 minutes later. Called the wife to come get me. 

Then I didn't have another for almost 12 years. Now, haven't had one since 2009.

Scary shite but I just learned to recognize the signs and prepare. Still not perfectly clear what caused them. 

I know this... after I would have one, I was spent for a couple days. They took a lot out of me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Then I didn't have another for almost 12 years. Now, haven't had one since 2009.

That's great.  I had one a couple of weeks ago at a neighborhood picnic.  That's the first one I had in 2 or 3 months.  I didn't get a hell of a lot of warning.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:10 AM, Nutriaitch said:

Somebody came out of retirement last night:

93E40F5A-A8EC-4610-929C-93DDA0D860D5.thumb.png.bb7a126c9f930d00d334952aa555ab28.png

C4D086C4-15EA-4BF0-8C5F-A6A8FEBFF4AF.thumb.jpeg.689e29f189dac06a2dda0d7533cb4049.jpeg

played 3B all game, no errors. Caught a pop-up, gunned a guy at 1st, and didn’t quite have the arm to get another guy. 

1 for 1 at the plate. single down the line at 3. scored a run. 

was probably only for one night, but god damn that felt good. 

lost a step or three, but still got decent wheels, and my glove definitely still works. 

spent the day at the ballpark yesterday with my 2 sons (and one of lil Nootch’s buddies). 

shagged some flies, swung the bat, pitched a little. 

and best of all, knocked off some rust at SS. 
our field still plays chaotic as hell. Never know when that last hop gonna bite you. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Just Me said:

you have no clue how happy it makes me to see those pics.

ummm... i mean, who's the old man playing softball?

that day was pure joy for me. 

i know my career is over and i’ll never play another full season again**But for that one night, all was right in the world. 

**i’m secretly hoping to get ready to play one more year about 3 years from now.  When short kid enters the adult league, i’m gonna try to play a season on his team. Something we’d talked about for a while before my body broke down.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Me said:

i hope you get that year. ya never know...

i'm not telling him yet just in case it doesn't happen.
but i really, really, really want to.

Playing in an actual game with my son would be freaking amazing. Like i couldn't even imagine how awesome that would be.

• Like 4