Gameday Tigers

Re-recruiting

Fishhead

4 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

I was wondering if I’d read that tweet correctly cuz I’d read elsewhere (no don’t ask where... I can’t remember) 90 was going to declare.

Would be a mistake, especially for someone young as he is (just 19). Not that it's stopped anybody lately though. 

EXTREMELY deep DL class this year, and he isn't nearly as ready as the main players. Late round at best

3 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Would be a mistake, especially for someone young as he is (just 19). Not that it's stopped anybody lately though. 

EXTREMELY deep DL class this year, and he isn't nearly as ready as the main players. Late round at best

Agree Fish, as to age, Trai Turner once drafted, had only started 20 games at LSU, he was the youngest player in the NFL his rookie year.

Damien Lewis makes NFL Draft decision

ByBILLY EMBODY 68 minutes ago 

LSU offensive lineman Damien Lewisannounced on Twitter on Monday that he's returning to the Tigers for his senior season with the program. The former junior college standout played in all 13 games at right guard for LSU, starting every game for the Tigers.

"For everyone that keeps asking," Lewis wrote in the tweet, "Yes I am returning to LSU for 2019 season #GeauxTigers"

According to the 247Sports Composite, Lewis ranked as a three-star prospect, theNo. 61 overall junior college prospect and the No. 2 offensive guard in the country.

The 6-3, 322-pound lineman is originally from Canton, Miss. and played junior college ball at Northwest Mississippi Community College. Lewis signed with LSU over offers from Kentucky, Ole Piss, South Carolina, West Virginia and others.

Prior to the season, Lewis said in the spring that he was willing to help wherever along the offensive line. When Ed Ingram was suspended and missed the 2018 season, that opened the door for Lewis to step in at right guard and start.

"I can compete at any position that needs help," Lewis said. "I just want to come and get a starting job. It could be center or guard. We have a good group of offensive lineman. Everyone will compete to see who will get the starting job."

Dating back to his high school days, Lewis hasn't missed much time, starting 22 games in junior college before starting all 13 games this season for the Tigers.

For the 2018 season, Lewis and center Lloyd Cushenberry were named the team's most outstanding offensive linemen. Lewis was also recognized as one of the team's recipients of the Butch Duhe Award, which is for the player whose character and contributions to the LSU Football team most personify the idea of unselfishness, dependability and commitment to the team.

At the time this article was published on Monday, LSU got good news from defensive prospects Breiden FehokoRashard Lawrence and outside linebackerMichael Divinity and cornerback Kristian Fulton, who all announced returns to the program.

Butkus Award winner and All-America linebacker Devin White announced his intentions on Monday to enter the 2019 NFL Draft. Part-time starting nose tackleEd Alexander had previously announced his intentions of entering the draft after knee problems plagued him since him high school. Cornerback Greedy Williamsannounced his intentions to go pro ahead of LSU's Fiesta Bowl appearance and did not participate in the win.

7COMMENTS

LSU finished 2018 ranked No. 6 in the country in the AP Top 25 Poll, marking the program’s highest-ranked finish since 2011. The Tigers ended UCF’s 25-game win streak with a 40-32 victory in the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl with a depleted defense.

Stick with Geaux247 for the latest on LSU football as the staff now turns its attention to rounding out the 2019 recruiting class.

Archived