18. Fresno State
19. Army
20. West Virginia
21. Northwestern
22. Utah State
23. Boise State
24. Cincinnati
25. Iowa

Others receiving votes: Appalachian St. 96, Stanford 52, Mississippi St. 45, Utah 43, UAB 32, Iowa St. 26, Auburn 15, Oregon 11, Missouri 10, Troy 6, Georgia Southern 6, Oklahoma St. 3, Wisconsin 2, NC State 2.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/01/08/final-ap-college-football-poll-18-clemson-rockets-no-1-oklahoma-texas-finish-inside-top-10

LSU fans want LSU at the top and I'm all for that.  There are plenty of things we need to improve on and you can go to just about any LSU sports forum and read all about it.  However, I'd say we are heading in the right direction if we finish 6th and as the second best SEC team.   Can Coach O and Ensminger takes us even further down the road?  Lots of fans are skeptical about that.  As they say, "we shall see."

The biggest surprise to me is how low the Aggies finish in the poll.  They lost to InbredGumps and Clemson, and they beat us (with some help).  #6 finish for us is very strong!  That game in Austin on 9/7 is going to be a real head knocker, after they handled Ga.

I agree on aTm, that’s low for their finish. A little too low, but I guess most of the voters saw the same thing. Rankings next year will be fun. UT / LSU matchup with be a great way to start the second week of the season. I plan to attend the game in Austin, being it’s about two hour drive from my house. 

A little more on LSU and their opponents:

LSU’s Opponents

Miami – Unranked Miami finished 7-6 overall after a 35-3 loss to Wisconsin in the Pinstripe Bowl

LSU beat No. 8-ranked Miami 33-17 in week 1

Southeastern, Louisiana – The Lions ended the season at 4-8 overall

LSU beat Southeastern 31-0 in week 2

Auburn – Unranked Auburn destroyed Purdue, 63-14, in the Music City Bowl and ended the year 8-5 overall and 3-5 record in SEC play

LSU beat No 8-ranked Auburn 22-21 in week 3

Louisiana Tech – Tech beat Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl, 31-14, to finish 8-5 overall and 5-3 in Conference-USA play

LSU beat Louisiana Tech 38-21 in week 4

Ole Piss – The season concluded with a 35-3 loss to Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl that left the Rebels 5-7 overall and 1-7 in league play.

LSU beat Ole Piss 45-16 in week 5

Florida – Florida beat Michigan, 41-15, in the Peach Bowl to finish tied with Georgia at No. 7 with a 10-3 finish and a 5-3 record in SEC play

LSU lost to No. 11-ranked Florida 27-19 in week 6

Georgia – Georgia fell to Texas in the Sugar Bowl, 28-21, and finished tied with Florida at No. 7 with an 11-3 mark

LSU beat No. 2-ranked Georgia 36-16 in week 7

Mississippi State – State entered the Outback Bowl ranked No. 18 but fell to Iowa, 27-22, and finished with an 8-5 record and a 4-4 mark in conference play

LSU beat No. 18-ranked Mississippi State 19-3 in week 8

Alabama – Top-ranked Alabama lost to Clemson, 44-16, and finished No. 2.

No. 1-ranked InbredGumps beat LSU 29-0 in week 10

Arkansas – The Razorbacks finished 2-8 overall and 0-8 in SEC play

LSU beat Arkansas 24-17 in week 11

Rice – The Owls ended the year 2-11 overall after Saturday’s 27-13 win against Old Dominion.

LSU beat Rice 42-10 in week 12

Texas A&M – A&M ended the year at No. 16 after a 52-13 victory against North Carolina State in the Gator Bowl for a 9-4 finish and a 5-3 record in conference play

Texas AM beat LSU 74-72 in 7 overtimes

Archived