Gameday Tigers

LSU Football Practice Report, Practice Highlights, And Coach Kelly's Press Conference

Jace78

Jace, Jeremy Hill and a couple of other media folks have commented on Harold Perkins, that when you look around the field, he catches your eye.  They talk about his combo of size and speed.  Have you noticed #10?

I watched the film, it looked great Jace, THANKS!  I watched the QB's, around the 4 min. mark throwing a deep corner pass to a fixed net.  I thought Brennan had the best accuracy, then Walker Howard, and Daniels was last.  When running the offense, if the QB has to run, Daniels was clearly the best, Walker Howard looked very good running.  Brennan is OK running the ball if you need 3 yards, but he's slow.  I didn't see that much from Nuss.  Later in the tape, Brennan threw a beauty of a long pass on the sideline, he can really throw the ball.

If you want the whole package, can throw and run, I thought Walker Howard was the best overall.  For some reason I didn't see Nuss very much.

If I had to pick between Brennan and Daniels, I'd pick Brennan.  I'd let Brennan hand off to the RB a lot, and keep my best passer in the game.

Edited by houtiger

In the BK interview, when he starts talking about the secondary and the portal transfer players, look and see if you detect him subtly smiling.  It's not the only time in the interview but I think its the closest to a real smile and it went on the longest time.  I think he is pleasantly surprised by how good the group is.  He needed bodies and he took who he thought the best guys were, but you know when you put them on the field is when you find out what you brought in.  I think he feels he got more than he hoped for.  We need it, the cornerback situation especially had to be totally rebuilt, and I think BK likes what he sees.

11 hours ago, houtiger said:

Jace, Jeremy Hill and a couple of other media folks have commented on Harold Perkins, that when you look around the field, he catches your eye.  They talk about his combo of size and speed.  Have you noticed #10?

I watched the film, it looked great Jace, THANKS!  I watched the QB's, around the 4 min. mark throwing a deep corner pass to a fixed net.  I thought Brennan had the best accuracy, then Walker Howard, and Daniels was last.  When running the offense, if the QB has to run, Daniels was clearly the best, Walker Howard looked very good running.  Brennan is OK running the ball if you need 3 yards, but he's slow.  I didn't see that much from Nuss.  Later in the tape, Brennan threw a beauty of a long pass on the sideline, he can really throw the ball.

If you want the whole package, can throw and run, I thought Walker Howard was the best overall.  For some reason I didn't see Nuss very much.

If I had to pick between Brennan and Daniels, I'd pick Brennan.  I'd let Brennan hand off to the RB a lot, and keep my best passer in the game.

Yes. It's hard not to miss Harold Perkins! He definitely sticks out and has thrived at linebacker. It turns out that there are five guys that the coaching staff really likes at linebacker. Nuss had an ankle sprain and did not participate in the team periods. He did participate in the other drills, but not the team drills. Daniels was taking a lot of the first team snaps followed by Brennan. It is clear that each quarterback has its strengths and weaknesses so it will be interesting to see what the reps will look like moving forward especially when Nuss is back in the mix.

• Like 2