Gameday Tigers

LSU 2022 Football Season Record - What's Your Prediction?

houtiger

3 hours ago, Big T said:

a 16.5 point dog in our own yard. That is too many. 

I think that's b/c betters are still putting money on Gumps despite the points. Vegas wants more money on LSU.  I never bet on an LSU game. We are capable of beating Gumps. Can we play at the level and maybe above the level of our last 2 games?  We can't start slow and we can't give them easy scores and turnovers and expect to win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big T said:

I also saw today that the gumps lost a DL for probably the rest of the year with an injury.  Hate that, I guess, but no idea if he was a starter, impact whatever. Guess we will see what happens 

Alabama will be without a veteran defensive lineman for the rest of the season.

Senior Justin Eboigbe won’t return this fall after injuring his neck, Saban said Wednesday on the SEC teleconference. When asked if he’d be back on the field this fall, “I don’t think so,” was Saban’s response.

“He had a procedure done that would enhance his opportunity to be able to play in the future,” Saban said, “but I don’t think that’s going to come this season.”

20 hours ago, LSUDad said:

From the looks of things we have a shot at 8-4, 9-3 or the case is still open. This was known to be a rebuilding year, to be left with such a depleted roster, one I’ve never see at LSU. What Kelly has done, is nothing short of unreal. To take such a cluster and revive this team, culture, environment. You can count on one hand the coaches that could have done this. 

Yesterday I posted about what Kelly has done to resurrect this team and roster. I found this one, early this morning. Looks like they have much of the same opinion as I. 

This was posted to YouTube 26 mins ago. These two guys are along my way of thinking.

Quickest Rebuild Ever! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Let's revisit this topic and see how y'all feel about the season.

My prediction:

"LSUDad said the Vegas over / under is 6.5.  Josh Pate this week has LSU fifth in the SEC west, best possible record of 9-3 likely record of 7-5.  He said BK did the best he could to shore up the CB position, but there are no stars back there and LSU will be torched by teams with two or three good receivers.

After the spring, my vote was 8-4.  I listened to a lot of coaches interviews and see how well they have worked together on the recruiting trail.  I hear about significant progress on the strength and nutrition program, and hear about players "transforming their bodies".  I think the discipline on the team will be better.

I've upgraded to 9-3."

I am happy with this season, happy with the job done by Kelly.  The team did not quit, and they fought.  Daniels was a surprise to the upside, started slow, developed a lot, but he is not a consistent polished QB yet.  It looks like he will come back to LSU, and I think he should in order to get some good coaching since he did show development.  The overall talent level of the team should improve with two more good recruiting classes.  The moves last year in the portal were for survival, not for winning the SEC (but wouldn't that be something if we pulled off an upset!).

One thing I don't understand, how do you beat Alabama and lose to aTm?

Winning the West is an excellent accomplishment, but lets face it, the West was weak this year.  Gumps is still a quality team, but there was no outstanding team in the West this year.

As LSUDad said, it was an enjoyable season!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 8:59 PM, Herb said:

At least 8 wins.

The pundits can all go pound sand.

So, I got that part right.

They can still go pound sand.

But the problem now is that even though LSU and not Alabama won the SEC West and even though we beat Alabama ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE, the playoff committee will now rank Bama higher than LSU.  It's just what they do because they have a boner for all things Saban.

Ultimately, this means Alabama will probably go to the Sugar Bowl rather than us (unless we upset UGA in the SEC CG).

51 minutes ago, Herb said:

So, I got that part right.

They can still go pound sand.

But the problem now is that even though LSU and not Alabama won the SEC West and even though we beat Alabama ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE, the playoff committee will now rank Gumps higher than LSU.  It's just what they do because they have a boner for all things Saban.

Ultimately, this means Alabama will probably go to the Sugar Bowl rather than us (unless we upset UGA in the SEC CG).

they have fewer losses than us.