Gameday Tigers

Game Topic: LSU vs Florida State (2022) … 6:30pm … ABC

Nutriaitch

I believe the Tigers will win tonight.  

That said, although we completely outclass them at certain positions, as the OL goes, so goes the offense, right?  

Looking forward to seeing if a true freshman LT in Will Campbell has what it takes to go toe to toe with D1 competition right out the gate.  Dellinger is a question at Center as well.  The entire OL is honestly subject to skepticism until proven otherwise. 

Hopefully they prove otherwise tonight, but FSUs DL, although not as monster like as LSUs, is a very solid unit. 

On defense, I expect our DL to be disruptive and wreck shop.  They better, because the secondary is subject to the same skepticism as the OL in my opinion.  
DBU does NOT have the best secondary player on the field tonight.  BUT.......as a unit, we may have the edge simply due to experience.  Hope they've gelled and work as a unit though. 

LET'S DO THIS!

• Like 1

Daniels 209 yds passing, 114 yds rushing

Not enough

He isn't the problem from what I saw.  I'll re-watch and I do know he made some mistakes, but he didn't turn the ball over and he gave us a chance to win

Malik Nabers as a PR and whomever is supposed to block on the left side for place kicks lost their jobs tonight.  They better have.  
I mentioned in the podcast I wish we'd have kept Greg McMahon.  I edited that part out but Nootch as my witness....I thought better of it because I like what Polian brings, especially with regards to recruiting.  But damn special teams was a disaster. 

I was surprised and disappointed with Ali Gaye's penalty.  I know some don't care for the targeting rule, but that was a no brainer.  Just a stupid play from a kid I think is really a great guy.  

Kayshon Boutte is a disappointment.  I was actually surprised he didn't enter the portal at halftime.  He finally decided to play on the last drive. 
The first drive should've ended with a TD, but he didn't catch it.  Tough catch, but he did the hard part them bobbled it away.  He's wearing #7 and is an All-American.  He's supposed to make that catch. 
Later in the first half, Daniels hit him on the 7 at the goal as he was loafing through his route.  He didn't even know it hit him. 

I thought the OL would be a potential issue, and it was.  I will say either it improved in the 2nd half or the FSU DL was gassed.  Hopefully the OL starts to gel.  And Dellinger HAS to be better with snaps.  I like that kid, but I wish he was a guard our RBs could run behind.  

The injury to Maason Smith is devastating!  I HATE to see it, and I think turf should be outlawed.  

Is Bo Pelini here?  Looks no different than his 2020 defense

• Like 1

8 hours ago, COTiger said:

The performance of our OL was pityfull.  Our DL couldn't put any pressure on their QB.  Our secondary couldn't cover me.  And our special teams performance was beyond pityfull.  

I thought the left side OL was pretty solid. Expected worse there with a true freshman LT, but FSU moved Verse to go against the RT pretty early and it worked wonders. 

Well, that was unenjoyable!  I won't repeat what everyone said.  The running backs didn't look good either.  Yes, if there is no hole its hard to look good, but the RB didn't help.  In the first half, Daniels didn't appear to see the field well, he'd get some pressure and take off.  The good news is he was effective when he took off.

Next Sat. we have an opportunity to improve against Southern, then find out the following week against Miss. St. what we really have.

And yes, Kayshon needs to get his head straight.

5 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Well, that was unenjoyable!  I won't repeat what everyone said.  The running backs didn't look good either.  Yes, if there is no hole its hard to look good, but the RB didn't help.  In the first half, Daniels didn't appear to see the field well, he'd get some pressure and take off.  The good news is he was effective when he took off.

Next Sat. we have an opportunity to improve against Southern, then find out the following week against Miss. St. what we really have.

And yes, Kayshon needs to get his head straight.

Just an FYI, Southern won their first game 86-0.  🙂

I'm just ready to hear "The Human Jukebox"

I've seen a lot of folks elsewhere say we played the wrong QB.  Wondering if anyone on this board can tell me what they've seen of Nuss that indicates he would've done better than Jayden Daniels.  

Agree JD was a one read QB in the first half, no doubt.  There's always the possibility of illusions in these reviews.  The more up tempo pace seemed to help Daniels and in fact the whole offense.  However, was that because FSU was basically playing "prevent" defense in the 4th quarter?  IDK, it's a chicken or egg type question.  I do know JD is likely more use to a faster tempo coming from California (high school) and the PAC 12 (college)