Gameday Tigers

LSU Players And The 2023 NFL Draft

LSUDad

I know we are still in the middle of the season. But I did get to talk a little football today with a scout. 
Some discussion on Boutte, trying to figure this one out. But then again, NFL folks think they can fix everything and everyone. I said, for now, Boutte’s play, he is the 3rd or 4th best WR. He needs to practice hard, and play hard. He needs to step his game up. 

BJ O, has really looked good, the play made on the Auburn QB, Von Miller type, that’s my thoughts on it. 

Gay he’s been playing well, in a quiet way, just doing his job. 

He also said the Tenn QB, looks to be a second day pick. 

He does like the true Freshmen OL, they will only get better with age. 

As we get closer to draft time, will look more into this. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

LSU DB Mekhi Garner Declares For 2023 NFL Draft

Garner quickly became a key piece to this LSU secondary, tallying 43 tackles and eight pass breakups on the season.

Kelly really had to plug some holes last year to build a bridge to the future.  He really did an amazing job picking up talent.  It's too bad we just had this guy one year, but he played a key role in the season being the success that it was.  Wish him the best!

• Like 1

Crescent City Sports
nob_2022_728x90_use.jpg
MENU 
  •  
  •  
  •  

LSU defensive end BJ Ojulari to declare for NFL Draft

BJ Ojulari (Photo: Jonathan Mailhes)

LSU junior BJ Ojulari announced Sunday that he will declare for the 2023 NFL Draft.

The 6-foot-3 defensive end finished the season with 58 total tackles, including 34 solo, along with 5.5 sacks and 8.5 tackles for loss. He will not play in LSU’s Citrus Bowl meeting with Purdue.

The Marietta, Georgia native is projected to be a potential first round pick.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, Herb said:

I am shocked Boutte didn't.  He is still considered a likely 1st round pick and if he has a significant injury next year he'll literally lose millions of dollars.

He's crazy if he doesn't take some of his NIL dollars and buy a huge insurance policy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, COTiger said:

He's crazy if he doesn't take some of his NIL dollars and buy a huge insurance policy.

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

Most do this, it’s a cheap policy. At that age. 

also I believe NCAA rules allow the school to pay for such a policy.
meaning he doesn't have to use his NIL money for it.

ETA:  I will add that i've read in the past that collecting on such a policy can sometimes be a real femaledog.

• Like 1

Why would you not play in the bowl game? 

LSU senior wide receiver Jaray Jenkins announced Monday that he is declaring for the NFL Draft and will be opting out of the Citrus Bowl. 

Jenkins had a sixth year of eligibility if he wanted to take it. 

The Jena, La. native played in 13 games this past season with seven starts. He finished the year with 27 receptions for 404 yards and six touchdowns.  

He ends his time at LSU playing in a total of 43 games with 20 starts, along with 89 total catches for 1370 yards and 14 touchdowns. 

18 hours ago, LSUDad said:

Or a better round? Some are playing in the bowl game, some are playing in the Sr Bowl, some in the East West Bowl. 

I was not clear, the fear of dropping a couple of rounds was due to an injury, one that is not career ending but would hinder playing part of their rookie season in the NFL.

I think the kids playing in the Sr. bowl type games are trying to move up from round 5 to round 3 if they show out well in front of the NFL coaches,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

BJ was taken in the second round, 10th player taken. To the Cardinals. 

Id like to see Bradford taken in the next few rounds. 

They are almost finished with round 3. No other Tigers taken. 

Edited by LSUDad

Turning from the diamond to the gridiron, NFL aspirations were realized for four Tigers on the final day of the NFL draft, bringing LSU’s total to six.

• Anthony Bradford was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth round as the 108th overall pick.

• Jay Ward heard his name called a little later in the fourth round when the Minnesota Vikings selected him as the 134th overall pick.

• Minnesota decided to ride with the Tigers again in the fifth round when they selected Jaquelin Roy as the 141st pick.

• Kayshon Boutte finally heard his name called in the sixth round when the New England Patriots picked him with the 187th overall pick.

• The sixth and final Tiger drafted was Jarrick Bernard-Converse. He, too, went in the sixth round when the New York Jets snagged him with the 204th pick.

Also, reports indicate that a half-dozen Tigers have reached free-agent deals. Ali Gaye is headed to the Houston Texans, Micah Baskerville to the Chicago Bears, Jaray Jenkins to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Mike Jones to the Atlanta Falcons, Colby Richardson to the Carolina Panthers and Mekhi Garner to the Philadelphia Eagles.

• Like 1