Gameday Tigers

LSU issues started with Orgeron

dachsie

I supported O when he was hired and was pulling for him to succeed and he did. However, now after we have picked through the ashes we know he "checked out" after 2019 once all the ingredients of the NC moved on.  This interview really pissed me off,  he thinks its so funny that he left LSU with a bag of our money after running the program into the ground. We are feeling the after effects of his poor leadership and will continue to to do so:

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

However, now after we have picked through the ashes we know he "checked out" after 2019 once all the ingredients of the NC moved on. 

that's when the adults left the room.

he didn't check out, he was left unsupervised and you got the real Ed O.

he had a very well earned reputation for being a slimy human being before coming here.
once Alleva was no longer here to shield him from himself, you saw his true colors shining through.

• Like 1

I was willing to support O initially.  He didn't have a great resume, but as interim coach at USC and LSU he turned the season around successfully.  His first three seasons the record improved, ending with 2019.  The month after the natty, a divorce is filed.  I think O was more careful with his decisions prior to winning the natty, and after, he seemed to think he knew it all and did not have to think decisions out, he was so smart that whatever he decided would work out.  Success went to his head.  With his personal life is disarray, he didn't pay as much attention to football.  It doomed him.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

I was willing to support O initially.  He didn't have a great resume, but as interim coach at USC and LSU he turned the season around successfully.  His first three seasons the record improved, ending with 2019. 

you and I hashed this out a few times over the years.
a multi-decade career will always outweigh 2 partial seasons in established situations for me.

over 20+ years, you show the world exactly who you are.

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

The month after the natty, a divorce is filed.  I think O was more careful with his decisions prior to winning the natty, and after, he seemed to think he knew it all and did not have to think decisions out, he was so smart that whatever he decided would work out.  Success went to his head.  With his personal life is disarray, he didn't pay as much attention to football.  It doomed him.

the life changing event for him happened a few months before the 2019 season.

LSU replaced Alleva with Woodward. I knew then that O wouldn't last.

Alleva literally had to hold O's hand. Sat in team coaches meetings to make sure O wasn't meddling, etc.
Alleva was a colossal phuck up, but he knew his neck and O's were in the same noose. So he did not allow O to be O.

Woodward comes in and says "hey, you the coach, not me. we paying you all this money, you do the job"

and what a surprise, Ed starts acting like, talking like, coaching like the dude with the worst record in Ole Miss History.

go read Meat Market by Bruce Feldman.
it's a book about Ed while he was head coach at Ole Miss.

except every where you see Ole Miss, say "LSU".

and you would swear it was written in 2021 instead of 2006

P.S. Ed and Kelly were still in the middle of a healthy happy marriage in 2006.

and Ed was the exact same dude we had in September 2017 (until Alleva stopped him) and 2020-2021.
that's who we hired. that's who we got.

Orgeron was hired to save face for Alleva after Tom Herman used the LSU offer to leverage more money out of Texas. Alleva apparently had no contingency candidate other than Orgeron.  What a colossal mistake.

There was a reason USC passed on him. Alleva probably didn't bother to call USC to find out why. My guess is that they correctly judged he was a liability for a university still dealing with the Reggie Bush sanctions. Take that picture above and imagine that guy on campus with California coeds in a state where people are way less tolerant of sexual harassment.

1 hour ago, Herb said:

Orgeron was hired to save face for Alleva after Tom Herman used the LSU offer to leverage more money out of Texas. Alleva apparently had no contingency candidate other than Orgeron.  What a colossal mistake.

Texas didn't even have an opening yet when Alleva bailed on those negotiations.

1 hour ago, Herb said:

There was a reason USC passed on him.

Syracuse wouldn't even grant him an interview when he was publicly begging for that job before he gout our HC job.

yes, we hired a guy that fornicating Syracuse decided wasn't worth interviewing.

1 hour ago, Herb said:

Alleva probably didn't bother to call USC to find out why.

I mean why do a background check?
the dude had a binder!

1 hour ago, Herb said:

My guess is that they correctly judged he was a liability for a university still dealing with the Reggie Bush sanctions.

he was PART OF the staff that got slammed.
just like he was at Miami when they got slammed
and Ole Miss when they got popped
and Tennessee when they got theirs
and LSU when we got our slap on the wrist

but I'm sure that's all mere coincidences, because I was told the "he changed!!!!"