Gameday Tigers

Film Study: LSU vs FU ... 2022 (mostly POSITIVE this week)

Nutriaitch

14 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

ok,I can't let this one geaux.
we semi-discussed this during the game

Ward's hit on AR15

Ward cheap shot.png

My dawg Jay Ward has a clean lick on Richardson.  The guy us corners masturbate to at night.
like you can not ask for a smoother cleaner route to decapitating a guy than this.

Ward Dirty.png

and Jay goes low.  on the replay, this looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than it did in real time.

my old DC (R.I.P) would have absolutely blessed his soul for this hit.
would have patted him on head for nailing the QB, but blasted his ass for "how" he hit him.

Not understanding how it's worse on replay. Were you watching on a 13" black and white Saturday night? It was dirty af then 

And his fake "tackle attempt" on AR's TD was even worse lol

6 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Not understanding how it's worse on replay. Were you watching on a 13" black and white Saturday night? It was dirty af then 

And his fake "tackle attempt" on AR's TD was even worse lol

beacuse the regular broadcast didn't show him get a 25 yard clean run and dive (if it did, i missed that angle)

not a play, but needs to be pointed out:

Every Yard.png

this is the commercial break right after Daniels accounted for his 6th TD of the game. 
to this point in the game, we have gained EVERY SINGLE YARD available to our offense.

y'all, we didn't even do that to Southern or New Mexico.

and these weren't cheap drives on short fields either. We marched it on them.
Our drive chart:
12 plays for 75 yards ... TD
12 plays for 73 yards ... TD
7 plays for 75 yards ... TD
5 plays for 83 yards ... TD
4 plays for 75 yards ... TD
13 plays for 88 yards ... TD

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

If Daniels has permanently added this throw to his arsenal, he'll be solid the rest of the way

Kyren Lacy.png

JD is releasing right now. Kyren Lacy (gold) has just hit the brakes on the hitch and is covered.

but Daniels hits the back shoulder for 13 yards.

Was my favorite throw of the night

couple more things

A. Ward's next personal foul was also a bad one.  Not as "dirty", but just a terrible foul.  Was easily out of bounds before he even started to try to throw the guy.

B. I understand the concept, but when we go to the Nickle, sending in Ward is the correct move.  Sending Harold Perkins to the bench is NOT.

BATON ROUGE – LSU true freshman Will Campbell has been named the Southeastern Conference Offensive Lineman of the Week for his dominant performance in Saturday’s win over Florida.

Campbell, the starter at left guard for LSU in six of seven games this season, shared SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors with Darnell Wright of Tennessee.

Campbell started victories at both Auburn and Florida as this year’s LSU team became the first in school history to beat Auburn and Florida on the road in the same season.

In LSU’s win over Florida, Campbell played all 70 offensive snaps and graded out the highest among all Tiger offensive linemen. Campbell wasn’t called for any penalties in the 45-35 win and didn’t allow a sack or a quarterback pressure.

As an offense, Campbell anchored a line that helped the Tiges rack up 28 first downs and 528 total yards. LSU also converted 8-of-12 third-down opportunities and both fourth-down chances. The Tigers averaged 4.7 yards per rush.

In addition, he helped pave the way for running back Josh Williams’ 106 yards on 17 carries. Williams averaged 7.6 yards per rush on his way to the best output of his career.

LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels rushed for three touchdowns and passed for three more becoming the first player in school history to account for six touchdowns in that fashion in a game decided in regulation. Daniels finished the Florida contest with an LSU career-best 349 passing yards as he connected on 23-of-32 passes.

LSU returns to action on Saturday when the Tiges host seventh-ranked Ole Miss at 2:30 p.m. in Tiger Stadium.

• Like 1

most surprising call of the night.

i both love and hate it

LoveAndHate.png

you got 4 minutes to go in the game.
Florida has sliced your lead from 21 to 7.
on this very drive, you already threw a pick (that came back due to a penalty)

in the four-minute offense, you mix up runs and high percentage passes that gain yards, but keeps ball in middle of the field.
you want that clock to keep running.

taking a shot right here was shocking.
I love it because it would have been an absolute dagger to these pricks, and Malik Nabers (gold) has his man beat.
i hate it because it's just a low percentage play. that stopped the clock when JD had a seam up the middle for at least 6-7 yards.

55 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

Our drive chart:
12 plays for 75 yards ... TD
12 plays for 73 yards ... TD
7 plays for 75 yards ... TD
5 plays for 83 yards ... TD
4 plays for 75 yards ... TD
13 plays for 88 yards ... TD

I'm glad you brought that up. That is the kind of production on offense we lacked against TN and we'll need against Ole Miss.

There were no short fields for us in the Florida game.

Grown
Man
Football

GrownManFootball.png

EVERYBODY except Mason Taylor and 1 DB in the box.

the only think that would make this picture prettier is to put Mason Taylor (gold) in the spot being occupied by Jack Mashburn (purple) and then put Mashburn in the FB spot that we no longer use.

we got the first down, so not a complaint, just an observation.

Florida's last drive.
we go Dime package.

DimePersonnel.png

Wingo ; Roy ; BJ across the line

Hound ; Perkins (gold) as your linebackers

Garner ; Foucha ;  Brooks ; Ward ; Ryan ; Richardson in the secondary

Guess we figured in this 2 LB formation we can play Perkins (don't know why we don't when in nickel)

but anyway, reason I'm posting this is just to highlight that with a game on the line, we put a TRUE FRESHMAN as the spy on the best player on the other team.
the hands down most dynamic playmaker they have.

and he absolutely NAILED the assignment.
got a sack, strip fumble on the snap after this one (that was somehow ruled an incomplete pass).

5 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

still in 3rd quarter.  this is a pass JD would not have attempted as recently as a week ago:

Nabers.png

Nabers (gold) has inside leverage right here. Daniels hits him for a big gain.

Will Campbell played his ass off!  The rest of the o-line played well also.  I don't remember such an improvement week over week, except for the LSUDad favorite "Hal Hunter game" against Arky, circa 1999.  You can scroll through all of the pictures, Campbell is doing very well.  All of the other o-linemen are getting on a man, and they are not turning anyone loose on Daniels.  Now, is the Fla. d-line as good as Tenn.?  Probably not, and that could account for why we looked so much better, but against Tenn. we were many times not blocking the correct man.  But we are fortunate to have Will Campbell on this team, and we have him for at least two more years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, houtiger said:

Will Campbell played his ass off!  The rest of the o-line played well also.  I don't remember such an improvement week over week, except for the LSUDad favorite "Hal Hunter game" against Arky, circa 1999.  You can scroll through all of the pictures, Campbell is doing very well.  All of the other o-linemen are getting on a man, and they are not turning anyone loose on Daniels.  Now, is the Fla. d-line as good as Tenn.?  Probably not, and that could account for why we looked so much better, but against Tenn. we were many times not blocking the correct man.  But we are fortunate to have Will Campbell on this team, and we have him for at least two more years.

Daniels had a clean pocket most of the game against Tennessee too.

this game we also decided to run block.

• Like 2