Gameday Tigers

Least Bad Group Today

Fishhead

I know many Coach’s and OC’s script the first 20-25 plays in a game. They made a good run of those plays. A friend of mine use to script a two minute offense, if needed before halftime or at the end of a game. 

Far from a perfect game, but the last two games have been an improvement. 

I have a question, I asked this to a group. We have been known as DBU. Looking back over the years, could any of this years DB’s start in the past years? Take out 2020 and 2021 seasons. 

We knew this was a rebuilding year, Gumps will be a tough one, but the rest are winnable. This OL next year will be one of the tops in the SEC and Nation. We don’t lose a bunch, but will bring in a bunch. Kelly has a good base to start with. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

I have a question, I asked this to a group. We have been known as DBU. Looking back over the years, could any of this years DB’s start in the past years? Take out 2020 and 2021 seasons. 

That's a great question.

I tend to think not but Steeples seems to have his squad playing to their fullest potential. It would be great to see what he could have done with some of the great LSU DBs of yesteryear.

A great debate to have, though. How would our current DBs have developed and been challenged by DBU alum? How much playing time could they have gotten? There are so many variables.

• Like 1

Brooks to me has been the biggest contributor but Foucha could come on late as he gets more familiar. 

All have been a huge stop gap compared to where we'd be without them. 

But yeah, Brooks is the only one I could see contributing heavily in a typical DBU backfield

• Like 1

The corners would be Dwight McGlothern and Ricks had they not transferred.  Big assumption but assuming Ricks played up to his potential both would be up to the DBU / SEC standards.  Having said that its tough to hold DBs who have been here less than a year and learning a new system to be dialed in from day 1.  Part of the reason our DBs started playing better as the game went on is twofold: 1 We clamped down on Stale Urine's run game making them more one dimensional; and 2 we got more pressure on the QB as the game went on. Foucha made a nice one-handed pick but the poor throw was due to pressuring on the QB.  I guess you could say the QB didn't exactly throw a dart on that play. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

The corners would be Dwight McGlothern

i haven't watched the pig fuckers much this year, but when I have, Dwight has absolutely balled out.
dude would have almost certainly been a starter and big time contributor here.

and Ricks had they not transferred.  Big assumption but assuming Ricks played up to his potential both would be up to the DBU / SEC standards.

I know not who you speak of.

Having said that its tough to hold DBs who have been here less than a year and learning a new system to be dialed in from day 1.  Part of the reason our DBs started playing better as the game went on is twofold: 1 We clamped down on Stale Urine's run game making them more one dimensional; and 2 we got more pressure on the QB as the game went on. Foucha made a nice one-handed pick but the poor throw was due to pressuring on the QB.  I guess you could say the QB didn't exactly throw a dart on that play. 🙂 

Brooks would absolutely play depending on the year.

for example in 2016, I think he starts over Battle and our secondary would have been:
Tre' White, Kevin Toliver II, Brooks, and Jamal Adams

but in 2011, he would have had to fill the RON Brooks role.

• Like 1