Gameday Tigers

#1 Recruiting Class 2022

Fishhead

4 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Can't wait to rob TAMU of all those studs via the portal

Stupid Aggies

I'll take anyone that improves our team, but part of me would love for LSU to tell Jacoby Matthews "sorry, you made your bed when you spurned us before".

Side note: Ricks the younger reclassified himself for 2023...would love for us to tell him to pound sand because of his idiot older brother.

19 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

NM, Desmond

BUT...

They're not related despite what that one article claims. 

Desmond is from Virginia, not Cali. 

I'll have to dig a bit but will lean on your knowledge here.

I thought the Ricks from Virginia was always a 2023 prospect and there might be Elias' younger brother that was 2024? I haven't looked at 2024 kids so I am admittedly 100% ignorant on this...too many moving parts in my life these days to do that deep of a dive into 2024 yet.

If there is no relation there, come on down, young man, we could use your talents.

13 minutes ago, Herb said:

I stand corrected. One article stated that and it was picked up by wire services without fact checking (go figure).

They both went to IMG, but are not related.

Sounds like Corey Raymond is the recruiter to beat.

Nicholas Lou Saban is the recruiter to beat

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Disappointment gave way to disaster for Texas A&M on yet another error-prone Saturday night.

A football season that began with so much hope spiraled down the drain that is Williams-Brice Stadium in a 30-24 Southeastern Conference loss to South Carolina.

The Aggies (3-4, 1-3) opened the season ranked No. 6 in the nation. Now, they will be lucky to manage the six victories required to qualify for a bowl game.

That's no exaggeration. If the Aggies can't beat South Carolina (5-2, 2-2) — even on the road — why assume there are three more victories in the remaining five games?

This exercise in futility would probably put coach Jimbo Fisher's job in jeopardy if not for what would be owed on his enormous contract.

"The solutions are there. We know how to do it. We know what to do. We've just got to keep our poise and keep practicing the way we're doing. And get guys healthy. We had two linemen missing this week. We've got to get consistency and get a consistent lineup."
- A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher

Fisher should be on the proverbial "hot seat." But an approximately $80 million buyout would cool off the electric chair.

Still, there's been one exceptional season — 2020 — in Fisher's five-year tenure. It's hard to argue that the program is not in decline. Wins in recruiting are not translating to wins on Saturday.

Those wins are certainly coming. That's what we're told.

Edited by houtiger