Gameday Tigers

Coaching Hires Revisited

Herb

What a difference a year and a new coach makes??? Last year around this time the outlook was bleak. Last place in the SEC West, battling for bowl eligibility, no idea who the next coach would be. Now you ask? Great new coach.  An opportunity for a 10 win season. SEC West Champs!  Playing for the SEC Championship.  And a very clear path to the CFP! LSU life is good!!! Go Tigers!!!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Wonder if today is Kiffin's last day at Ole Myth. Get the pine box ready?  Funny how Tubby is a U S Senator now.

Saw a rumor that Kiffin is actually in deep talks with Nebraska.  That would shock the heck out of me if he wound up there.

However, his dad was apparently on Nebraska's staff when Lane Kiffin was a pre-teen/teen. Apparently there is some history there.

On 11/24/2022 at 8:16 AM, Hatchertiger said:

I'd take Nebraska over AU.  

Why?

And people who say Auburn is a lateral move from Ole Miss...why?

Auburn will spend money neither of those schools will. 

Auburn has been FAR more relevant than either of those schools in the 21st century. 

I get the hate for Auburn, but I don't get the logic of thinking either Nebraska or Ole Miss is the better gig. 

Nebraska boosters are why they're completely irrelevant now. 

But fwiw, that's a solid answer. I just see Auburn has had far more recent success, spends money,  (including their NIL pledge going forward), and Saban is gonna be out sooner than later. 

Nebraska can't compete in the Big 10 the way they are these days.  I see nothing imminent that would change that. 

• Like 1

OM is hamstring in a way because Ms has a 4 year limit on public contracts so that is the longest deal they can offer.  Personally hope LK stays at OM. 

And you are correct about Nebraska boosters, all schools have issues to some extent including LSU but Auburn is the poster child for booster meddling. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:52 PM, Fishhead said:

Pretty sure Freeze won't be allowed in sec

Never say never I guess.

Auburn hires Hugh Freeze as next head football coach

The Tigers have settled on Liberty's Freeze as their man.

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/auburn-hires-hugh-freeze-as-next-head-football-coach

• Like 2

Trev Alberts releases statement following news of Mickey Joseph's arrest

Grant Bricker | 3 hours ago

L McC n

Trev Alberts made a statement after hearing about the news of Mickey Joseph’s arrest on Wednesday. Joseph was arrested on suspicion of strangulation and third-degree domestic assault.

Alberts noted that he was made aware of the situation and that Joseph will be placed on administrative leave. Albert declined from making any other comments about the arrest.

“I was made aware of the charges against Coach Joseph and given the nature of the allegations on University policy he has been placed on administrative leave,” said Alberts. “We will have no additional comments at this time.”

Officers with the Lincoln Police Department had an investigation at a separate residence from where Joseph was at the time and ultimately arrested after what they found.

This comes shortly after Joseph ended his tenure as interim HC at Nebraska. His last game against Iowa was a 24-17 Nebraska win.

We’ll keep you posted on if any other people tied to the Nebraska football program comment on the situation.