Gameday Tigers

Game Topic: LSU vs Alabama (2022) ... 6pm ... ESPN

Nutriaitch

8 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

You laugh but it's a fact. 

I know you live around more of them than I do, but they're friggin delusional

They're ALL OVER the state of Texas, and yes, they are delusional.  One of my friends, aggie grad, used to post on Texags, but he got so upset with their delusional posts that he totally quit posting!  He couldn't stand his fellow aggie posters!

I recorded sports center on ESPN, and the SEC network final, going watch that now.

And, how about them ASTROS!

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 3

One of my friends that coached, played and graduated from aTm, his wife texted me, “Where are you? LSU I hope! “

Both of them graduated from aTm, but he spent time here at LSU coaching. They do pull for LSU against most teams. They will tell you, BTR was one of their better stops. That’s when they met me! 😂 

Before the season started, I had watched the aTm Spring game, I told him aTm looked off on both sides of the ball, he agreed. Looks like we were both right about aTm. 

Now, let’s win out! 

36 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Burned at least twice. 2 PI called on him. Who? Eli Ricks LOL.

Yeah, that's the traitor I was glad to see go down with the Tide.  He will probably owe Saban a debt of gratitude for beating some cockiness out of him, make him grow up a bit, it will help his NFL career.

• Like 1

I don't think I remember, certainly not an LSU team, that has made this much growth in 9 games.  Saban's '03 championship team comes to mind.

I thought the 2001 Saban team that destroyed Illinois in the Sugar Bowl was the best team in the country at the end of the season, those guys got on a roll.

But this team started from such a low position, zero expectations.  The Vegas line on wins was 6.5.  We're 7-2 with 3 to play, ranked #7.

Brian Kelly has done a wonderful job this year!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

I don't think I remember, certainly not an LSU team, that has made this much growth in 9 games.  Saban's '03 championship team comes to mind.

I thought the 2001 Saban team that destroyed Illinois in the Sugar Bowl was the best team in the country at the end of the season, those guys got on a roll.

But this team started from such a low position, zero expectations.  The Vegas line on wins was 6.5.  We're 7-2 with 3 to play, ranked #7.

Brian Kelly has done a wonderful job this year!

I said that I’ve never seen a depleted roster at LSU ever, to match this one. 
Anything we do past this is lagniappe. Sure, I’d like to win out, we can win the next 3, from there, let’s see. 

Kelly is by far, ahead of schedule. Many folks were saying, 7, 8 or 9 wins. The way Kelly took this team, what he had to do in a short time, find the right staff, keep the recruiting stable, keep an eye on the Portal, weed out players. A major task. 

I got texted during the game from a number of friends and family. One of my friends that coaches, his wife texted me, “Where are you?” My reply, “Tiger Stadium!” Many of my friends checking to find my location. 

In 2019, I said these are the Glory Years at LSU! Right now, do a reset, these are the beginning of a second wave. Enjoy this folks. This maybe the best staff I’ve seen at LSU, the short guy had some good ones. 

Kelly stood with his players. I’ve seen folks say, put Nuss in. Mason Taylor had a number of drops, but Kelly and the staff stayed with Taylor. This staff loves the TE position, they do a number of things with formations and motion. Look at the TE’s ND put into the NFL, LSU will start doing this. A friend of mine played TE, while coaching at Rice University, he used the position to their advantage. At one time Rice had 4 TE’s in NFL camps. Taylor is one that could be a first round pick after his years at LSU. The time Kelly spent at ND, he had 8 TE’s drafted, 1 in round one, 3 in the 2nd, 1 in the 3rd, 1 in the 4th and 2 in the 7th. Remember Taylor’s Dad played for the short guy with the Dolphins. 

The two tackles, true freshman, Kelly is known for also sending OL into the draft, these two in the same class? Kelly likes to work this position to his advantage. 

The other side of the ball, Perkins, was just awarded the Defensive Player of the Week, for his play Saturday. He is by far the best player on the field Saturday, counting both teams! He was moved around, edge, slot,  inside, depending on Gumps formations. Another true freshman. I’ve said before, when TM7 was on the field, a QB better locate him, or he’d make him pay. Perkins is that guy. Having Matt House as the DC, helps in Perkins development, like he can’t get better. House spent 7 years in the NFL, his last three, with the KC Chiefs as the LB Coach. 

There were a number of recruits at the game Saturday, did get to talk with a good friend that knows recruiting. Those kids were blown away, two have given verbals since the game. Look for more to follow. Oh, aTm just had a 5* player, back out of his verbal. Right now, Kelly has LSU as “The Team!” Kids want this, listen to the latest commitments. They talk about how it felt like home, the coach is like a father figure, the team feels like family. 

I talked about 4 True Freshman, we are young at those 4 positions, but they are veterans after these games, they grew up a lot Saturday night. 

Sorry for being a little long winded! 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, COTiger said:

I can't find the thread where there was discussion about the number of penalties called.  Reading the posts I got the impression significantly more penalties were called against us.  Not the case.  Gumps had 9 penalties for 91 yards.  We had 7 for 64 yards.

They had a bunch more holding, not called. Even a choke hold, not called. 

• Like 1