Gameday Tigers

Game Topic: LSU @ Arkansas (2022) ... 11:00am ... ESPN

Nutriaitch

It'll be a little on the cool side for the game.  Forecast is showing upper 30's at kickoff with temps rising into the low 40's as the game goes on.  Keep in mind that temperatures are usually taken in shade and the field will likely be in full sun, so on the field it'll be a bit warmer.

Some have expressed concern about "frigid" temperatures, but this is classic football weather.  Cooler temps also reduce the chances of players cramping up or getting overheated.

In terms of "cold fingers" and the perception that this might affect the passing game, keep in mind these guys usually wear gloves so I don't see that to be as exaggerated as maybe in years past when gloves were not worn by most players.

What kind of job did BK do coaching our team vs. Arky?  Was a letdown inevitable following our big win over Gumps?  Did BK do a poor job getting the team back up and ready to play?  Does BK only walk on water occasionally and not consistently?  Is the Arky d-line that good, or does our o-line suck?  Is Arky a better team than their record indicates (remember they didn't have their starting QB)?

26 minutes ago, houtiger said:

What kind of job did BK do coaching our team vs. Arky?  Was a letdown inevitable following our big win over Gumps?  Did BK do a poor job getting the team back up and ready to play?  Does BK only walk on water occasionally and not consistently?  Is the Arky d-line that good, or does our o-line suck?  Is Arky a better team than their record indicates (remember they didn't have their starting QB)?

we just spent the last month+ doing this:

extremely hated rival on road
top 10 team at home
extremely hated rival on road
top 10 hated rival at home
top 10 hated rival at home

then, arkansas. 
at 11am on an icy plastic grass field. 

i fully expected us to have a “down” game of sorts  

no matter how hard the SEC and TV networks tried to force it, Arky is not now, nor have they ever been a rival. 

that ugly ass trophy means a lot more to them than it ever has to us. 

33 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Gumps fatigue and weather.  I think they were all struggling with the cold, except Perkins who was throwing up before the game and still beasted everyone

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

then, arkansas. 
at 11am on an icy plastic grass field. 

To expound...the groundskeepers hosed down the field to "melt" the snow.

No...they watered the field down in cold conditions as an equalizer to almost literally "level the playing field" against LSU. I am sure they were hoping the water would freeze.

I hope we complain to the SEC and NCAA over this.

LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels had the flu the week before the Tigers played Arkansas, coach Brian Kelly said, and the illness may have contributed to the subpar way he played that day by affecting his preparation.

“I'm not going to give him any excuse as to why he didn't prepare as well or couldn't prepare as well, but that Arkansas week he had the flu,” Kelly said Monday. “He was sick, and it just wasn't the kind of preparation necessary.”

• Haha 2