Gameday Tigers

LSU Roster turnover (2022 - 2023)

Nutriaitch

looking at the list of remaining guys that haven't announced anything yet, I don't think we see a lot more movement.
meaning i think most of these stay put.

RB - John Emery Jr
P - Jay Bramblett
WR - Kyren Lacy
LB - Mike Jones Jr
RB - Noah Cain
OL - Charles Turner
OL - Anthony Bradford
OL - Marlon Martinez
DB - Sevyn Banks

if i had to place wagers, i'd say John Emery and Mike Jones Jr are the two most likely to leave, with a slight possibility of Charles Turner going as well.

The rest I'm reasonably confident will be at LSU in 2023.

meaning this roster is starting to shape up quite nicely with returning players.

• Like 1

so on offense we could theoretically return

the entire starting O-Line.
who in spots last year played very well, so could possibly have a good year together.

Starting QB is back

Top 2 leading rushers (counting QB), with very distinct possibility of bringing back top SIX leading rushers.
2,337 yards and every rushing TD (compared to last season when we returned only 155 yards and ZERO touchdowns)

Five of our top 6 leading receivers

it's not often we bring back this much production from one year to the next.

• Like 1

defense is not quite as loaded with returners, but still solid.

Wingo and Maason Smith will be the anchors of the line.
Sa'Vion Jones will likely fill in the Ali Gaye role

Perkins and Penn are both back at LB, but will miss having a Baskerville

thin out back, but Brooks coming back is freaking HUGE from a leadership role (plus dude can ball out).

• Like 3

On 12/23/2022 at 7:45 PM, Fishhead said:

Not even in the same ballpark.  IDK how the hell Zy wound up at SELU, he'll play in the league, I'd bet

But yeah, people will automatically compare the two because of where they came from to LSU

Hurt his Jr year, plus Covid hit. His high school coach talks about how things went down. Listen to his high school coach talk. 

News: LSU LB DeMario Tolan has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, LSU Country has learned. 

Tolan's entry comes as a bit of a surprise after bursting onto the scene towards the end of the season, receiving praise from Brian Kelly. 

More on Tolan. #LSU

• Like 1