Gameday Tigers

LSU Roster turnover (2022 - 2023)

Nutriaitch

8 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

my guess is an NIL deal somewhere.

Possibly, I could see it if we were talking about Perkins, I don't recall Tolan playing lights out enough to have someone come and poach him this way. Did I miss something? I know he played quite a bit but just don't see the "hype". I'm not saying he is trash, hell it is going to hurt if we lose him just that don't understand where its coming from...

He had 4 tackles and 4 assists the entire season.  Not sure how many games he actually appeared in.  He was behind Baskerville, Penn, Perkins, and Weeks on the depth chart.

My guess is that he either having a "look-see" to gauge what kind of interest there might be or he might be homesick and hoping one of the Florida schools are interested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herb said:

He had 4 tackles and 4 assists the entire season.  Not sure how many games he actually appeared in.  He was behind Baskerville, Penn, Perkins, and Weeks on the depth chart.

My guess is that he either having a "look-see" to gauge what kind of interest there might be or he might be homesick and hoping one of the Florida schools are interested.

I think the either the homesick or he got into trouble angles hold more water than anything else. I'm not really buying the trouble part either because no one keeps that stuff under wraps this tight. Too many damn lookie loo's running round. 

14 hours ago, Big T said:

Possibly, I could see it if we were talking about Perkins, I don't recall Tolan playing lights out enough to have someone come and poach him this way. Did I miss something? I know he played quite a bit but just don't see the "hype". I'm not saying he is trash, hell it is going to hurt if we lose him just that don't understand where its coming from...

depends who is looking and buying

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big T said:

Right, if HE is the one thinking he needs a deal that changes things, that works actually. Thinking we might keep him. 

actually, i was referring to what school may be offering.

he may be worth more to a smaller school than he is to us (but i think we need to keep him).
he won't get Perkins type value.
But a school like, let's just say Mizzou since Dad mentioned them, might be willing to pay slightly over value for him because he could carry their defense.
Whereas at LSU, he would still be behind a couple other dudes lowering what his financial value would be.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 9:25 PM, Big T said:

As good as that news is it doesn't ease the sting of Tolan, something has to be going on there right? We need some inside baseball on this one. Better not be jimbo

He's got some personal issues going on. You're not going to hear anything credible. 

And to answer a question following this post... he played in every single game prior to the TAMU game (most in special teams duty)

• Like 1

that leaves us with:

WR - Kyren Lacy
RB - Noah Cain
OL - Charles Turner
OL - Marlon Martinez
DB - Sevyn Banks

as draft eligible players that haven't made any public announcements.

of those, i don't see any of them declaring for draft, and they may not even make an announcement.
just going to come back.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:12 AM, Fishhead said:

He's got some personal issues going on. You're not going to hear anything credible. 

And to answer a question following this post... he played in every single game prior to the TAMU game (most in special teams duty)

So there is a chance we keep him?