Gameday Tigers

Help finding Boudin in Houston

dachsie

6 hours ago, dachsie said:

@houtiger and @LSUDad - Where is a good place to get boudin in the Houston area - preferably closer to the Woodlands if possible.  my aunt is asking for a friend who is going down there in a couple of weeks and i have no idea.  It wont be as good as Louisiana but is there anything?  Thanks!

I never buy Boudin here in Tx. I travel to La too often. I see it spelled Boudain some places in Tx. only one reason I stay clear. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I'd try here Hebert's Specialty Meats - Woodlands Location 936-321-7770 19075 I-45 Suite 121B, Shenandoah, TX 77385. The company is based in Maurice Louisiana which is between Lafayette and Abbeville. 

Ding Ding Ding, winner!!!  I think they are the best in Houston.  You can buy frozen etouffee and lots of other specialties.

There is one close to me on Dairy Ashford about 3 blocks off I-10.

• 11 months later...
On 1/18/2023 at 1:18 PM, dachsie said:

@houtiger and @LSUDad - Where is a good place to get boudin in the Houston area - preferably closer to the Woodlands if possible.  my aunt is asking for a friend who is going down there in a couple of weeks and i have no idea.  It wont be as good as Louisiana but is there anything?  Thanks!

They just opened this place. I went by the other day. It was very good. For Texas, it was very, very good. 

The Best Stop Cajun Market - Katy, TX
On the North side of I-10, frontage road. 
Get the Chicken Crackling! I’ve used the Sausage and Andouille for my Gumbo. While in Tx, this is the only place I’ll use. 

These are the same folks from Scott, La. 
Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 9:05 PM, Hatchertiger said:

Rees St Market (fka Champagnes) in Breaux Bridge has the absolute best boudin on the planet. 

I'll have to give that a go next time I'm in the area. 

I was at the Best Stop in Katy yesterday, got Chicken Cracklings, Sausage and Tasso. They were out of Andouille. They just had a truck come in from La. But I couldn’t wait for them to unload. This place is always packed. Folks are not just buying one or two things. They are buying many things. They are playing hell keeping up with the amount of people shopping there. 4 registers and a bunch of folks working there. 
In Texas, this is my go-to. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 2