Gameday Tigers

NIL Gone Bad?

LSUDad

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

The alternative is the cluster we have now.

correct

How do the fans and colleges like this?

the colleges? 
they like it a lot more than a system that doesn't allow them to collect a 8 figure check being donated to them.

the fans?
the next time a decision is made in best interest of the fans will be the first time the fans are the reason they did something.

I imagine the rich schools with rich boosters like it just fine.

all of them do.
because they all like having money given to them.

edit to add: would you like to be told you can’t make over X amount of money because the guy that sweeps the halls doesn’t bring in as much as you?

Not sure everyone knows who she is, but let's talk LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne. 

Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, none of them make NIL money like Livvy.

She's got two things going for her aside from athletic ability. 

1. She's beautiful

2. She's popular

Obviously two is a bi-product of one combined with the athletic ability. 

The day NIL went into effect, she was an instant millionaire because clothing companies wanted HER wearing their clothes.  She has literally TEN MILLION followers on social media, and I guarantee if she wasn't an athlete, she'd still have 8 million.  She's actually providing a service that's totally worth it to these companies and could do it for a living with or without being a college athlete. She could be a regular student and do it even before NIL.

I think that's actually how NIL SHOULD work. Not this didley-poo with ambulance chasing attorneys slapping a t-shirt on a football player, filming a 30 second commercial, and handing over $100k because he likes LSU, or boosters and collectives promising the moon to 18 year old kids that have proven NOTHING. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I think that's actually how NIL SHOULD work. Not this didley-poo with ambulance chasing attorneys slapping a t-shirt on a football player, filming a 30 second commercial, and handing over $100k because he likes LSU, or boosters and collectives promising the moon to 18 year old kids that have proven NOTHING. 

that’s how it was sold to us as working. 

13 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

the fans?
the next time a decision is made in best interest of the fans will be the first time the fans are the reason they did something.

They won't care about the fans as long as the fans show up in the stadiums.  If the fans ever think it is uninteresting because the same teams win all the time because of money, and they lose interest and stop showing up, then they will care.

13 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Not sure everyone knows who she is, but let's talk LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne. 

Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, none of them make NIL money like Livvy.

She's got two things going for her aside from athletic ability. 

1. She's beautiful

2. She's popular

Obviously two is a bi-product of one combined with the athletic ability. 

The day NIL went into effect, she was an instant millionaire because clothing companies wanted HER wearing their clothes.  She has literally TEN MILLION followers on social media, and I guarantee if she wasn't an athlete, she'd still have 8 million.  She's actually providing a service that's totally worth it to these companies and could do it for a living with or without being a college athlete. She could be a regular student and do it even before NIL.

And there is also the double-edged sword she is now experiencing where her physical well-being and safety is a serious concern. At one of her last meets, there was an unruly crowd of undersexed, horny men demanding to see her. This also is happening at competitions where people in the crowd are shouting lewd things to her.

What happens when there are enough of them to bull-rush security a la January 6th and she gets attacked/assaulted.

Monica Seles got stabbed at a professional tennis match because a single deranged fan of Stephanie Graf was obsessed on the same level as these incel type idiots thinking they are entitled to be with Livvy.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:14 AM, Herb said:

And there is also the double-edged sword she is now experiencing where her physical well-being and safety is a serious concern. At one of her last meets, there was an unruly crowd of undersexed, horny men demanding to see her. This also is happening at competitions where people in the crowd are shouting lewd things to her.

What happens when there are enough of them to bull-rush security a la January 6th and she gets attacked/assaulted.

Monica Seles got stabbed at a professional tennis match because a single deranged fan of Stephanie Graf was obsessed on the same level as these incel type idiots thinking they are entitled to be with Livvy.

But that has nothing to do with NIL

I just brought her up so I'd have a reason to post her pic in this thread lol. 

Seriously though, you're correct about what you're saying. Little known tidbit...

SHE'S NOT EVEN ACTIVE! She's out for likely the whole season due to a shoulder injury. But these nut jobs pack the PMAC to catch a glimpse lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishhead said:

But that has nothing to do with NIL

I just brought her up so I'd have a reason to post her pic in this thread lol. 

Seriously though, you're correct about what you're saying. Little known tidbit...

SHE'S NOT EVEN ACTIVE! She's out for likely the whole season due to a shoulder injury. But these nut jobs pack the PMAC to catch a glimpse lol. 

Apparently, her sister is just as attractive and has a huge social media following as well.

You are correct that it has nothing to do with NIL unless tangentially as a security concern.  I can envision a player getting a huge NIL deal and jealous friends from his neighborhood thinking they are entitled to some $$, then doing something foolish to the playa. Pray to God that I am wrong and nothing like that ever happens.