Gameday Tigers

2019 Signing Day Class

LSUDad

21 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

It's better than good, very interesting.  I do wonder if they are down on Sopsher a little too much.  I think in some ratings Sopsher was downgraded from 5* to 4*.

I think we wanted him so badly because we all know that to beat InbredGumps, we have to win the line of scrimmage, and right now we are not getting it done.  We can play with everyone else, we may not win every game, but we are competitive.

But yes, getting Stingley and Emery was huge, two bigtime 5* right in state.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

It's better than good, very interesting.  I do wonder if they are down on Sopsher a little too much.  I think in some ratings Sopsher was downgraded from 5* to 4*.

I think we wanted him so badly because we all know that to beat InbredGumps, we have to win the line of scrimmage, and right now we are not getting it done.  We can play with everyone else, we may not win every game, but we are competitive.

But yes, getting Stingley and Emery was huge, two bigtime 5* right in state.

My melt is restricted to the fact we continue to lose LA players at position of need to InbredGumps. 

We got Emery, they got Sanders. Both #1 RB depending on recruiting service. No loss, in fact, win for us because we also got Davis. TWO top ten backs. 

We got Stingley, win for LSU. 

But the BIG need is DL and they beat us there badly and I know it's dirty. 

I'm pleased with the class overall. Great class in fact. 

To beat InbredGumps, the offense has to be able to move the ball, make first downs, score some points, and control the clock so we don't leave the defense on the field all game until they get tired out and InbredGumps scores on them.

For the offense to do that, Burrow needs time to throw, and for that, our o-line has to be able to keep the 5* talent on the InbredGumps front 7 off the QB.  We signed 5* Kardell Thomas on the o-line.  FishHead is making noise like Ed Ingram may make it back, I looked for anything public in Dallas and nothing is there, but there may not be anything public on it.  Then does our o-line stay healthy, and do we get some true tackles that can control everyone's edge rushers.  At least we got one top talent.  We signed some young guys last year and switched a couple of defensive guys to o-line.

Will we field an o-line that can keep InbredGumps off Joe Burrow?  If we do that, will we be able to make enough plays to control the clock better and give the defense a chance to excel when they are on the field?  Will Emery be at least as productive as Brossette?

I wandered, its supposed to be mostly about the o-line.  They say winning in the SEC is mostly about winning the battle up front on the line of scrimmage.  It seems to be true.

13 hours ago, houtiger said:

To beat InbredGumps, the offense has to be able to move the ball

For the offense to do that, Burrow needs time to throw

Will we field an o-line that can keep InbredGumps off Joe Burrow?  If we do that

Agree the OL is definitely a key.  

It's all related though. They get Sopsher and Young, guys we were in desperate need of, now their DL gets better and most importantly, deeper. That hurts our OL.

Also, aside from our OL being a key, the offensive scheme is key. For Burrow to stay upright, of course we need good blocking, but much more importantly imo, we need to run an offense that gets the ball out quickly to athletes in space. See: Clemson

Clemson has nearly the exact same talent and depth at OL as LSU and that's a fact. But their offense is designed AND EXECUTED to where they didn't have to fend off InbredGumps's DL for long. 

We literally ran play action with a seven step drop from inside our 5 yd line against InbredGumps and Joe got killed. 

That's a schematic issue. 

Archived