Gameday Tigers

Czar Nootch fixes college baseball

Nutriaitch

sorta like the football thread, except for baseball (obviously)

Rule #1 and it is non-negotiable.  Anyone who disagrees is a communist that needs to be deported to Somalia immediately.

You have to have dirt. actual real dirt. on your field in the places where dirt is supposed to be (Pitcher's mound, base paths, warning track, etc.).
If you have a stupid rich alumni and want to use exotic materials as your dirt (like Yankee Stadium using crushed red brick), so be it.
But it has to look/feel/act like real dirt.

I really and truly don't care where you get the money to convert your current brown carpet didley-poo back to real dirt, but it must be done before the beginning of next season.

There will be zero exceptions granted.
You can practice on this un-American abomination if you'd like. But you can not host a NCAA baseball game on a field without dirt.

Period.
End of Discussion.

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

Concessions can only sell hot dogs and beer.

no can do on that one.

Take me out to the ball game.
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack.
I don’t care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team.
If they don’t win it’s a shame.
For it’s one, two, three strikes, you’re out.
At the old ball game!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I'll stick to a beer and a dog thanks LOL

And when is the last time you saw Cracker Jacks sold in a ball park?

I didn't say you had to eat the Cracker Jack.
just. that they can't be outlawed.

but now that you mention it, I have no clue when's the last time I saw Cracker Jack anywhere at all, let alone specifically at a ball park.

25 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

but now that you mention it, I have no clue when's the last time I saw Cracker Jack anywhere at all, let alone specifically at a ball park.

Jacks are at LSU Games! 

• Like 1

Speaking of Jack, now Jack and Coke ain't bad either ... just sayin' ... It is Friday Junior!

Re hot dogs, the truth is the ball park is probably the only place in the universe where I would actually eat that.  After the nuclear holocaust, the only thing left will be a pack of Ball Park franks.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

I actually saw Cracker Jack's at Kroger recently.  But it was in a bag.  Didnt see if the prize was still in it, i just walked by it.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:07 PM, Nutriaitch said:

a hotdog at the Ballpark is better than Steak at the Ritz

Little known fact: my wife and I had our rehearsal dinner at a Rockies Game at Coors field. $5 bleacher seats and $2 hot dogs in 1997 were WAY better than any fancy shyte restaurant. Pretty sure we played the Giants that night and the view of the Rocky Mountains at sunset was priceless.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

another rule (and one that needs to come back)

if you want to intentionally walk a batter, you have to actually THROW the ball.
I know, I know, I'm crazy thinking that pitcher actually throwing a pitch is a good idea.

but seriously, no more of this holding up 4 fingers and ole boy gets to trot to 1st.

throw a pitch.
if you accidentally hang it in a hittable zone and the batter plants it in Canada, that is your fault.

and no, those 4 lobs are not the reason games last 4 hours, so don't give me that "pace of play didley-poo" either.