Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Oregon State (Regionals 2023 - Regional Final)

Nutriaitch

Afternoon Baseball at The Box!
1:00 pm today against Oregon State with a trip to Supers on the line.

Radio/TV:
98.1 FM in the Baton Rouge area if Chris Blair is your preference.  As always can also hear it for free in the LSUSports app.
Looking like we're getting the ESPN+ streaming only treatment today for TV.

Weather:
87° and humid under very cloudy skies. winds blowing out toward left at 8 mph with no gusts expected.  Rain chances hovering around 50% most of the afternoon.

Pitchers:
1jykv7.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Nutriaitch changed the title to LSU vs Oregon State (Regionals 2023 - Regional Final)

By the way, at least twice in the postseason, I've heard ESPN talk about the great tradition of the number 8 jersey in LSU baseball, starting with Wally Pontiff.  Didn't Wally wear 31?

LSU Baseball to face ULL in Wally Pontiff Jr. Classic on Tuesday night

Edited by mctiger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mctiger said:

By the way, at least twice in the postseason, I've heard ESPN talk about the great tradition of the number 8 jersey in LSU baseball, starting with Wally Pontiff.  Didn't Wally wear 31?

LSU Baseball to face ULL in Wally Pontiff Jr. Classic on Tuesday night

yeah, and somehow Ben never corrected him.

Mikie Mattock was the first 8 (as far as this tradition is concerned)

Crews got a hit in the first, White hit one to the wall but caught, next two guys struck out

Crews is 6-10 in the regional, just as I suspected would be the case... 🙂

Cooper went 3 up 3 down in the bottom of the first

Top 2

Belly-K

Dugas- S, S, B, ground out to 3rd, 2 down

Jobert- S, B, B, 2-1, (fastball hunting time), base hit to RF (was actually a curve)  1 on 2 out

JT- Ground out to third and we're done  in the 2nd

Still 0-0

• Like 1

Bottom 2 scoreless
Chris Stapleton on the bump

Guerra-I dated a girl in HS named Guerra.  Cuban chick.  My brother dated her older sister, my sister dated her older brother.  Frick that seems weird now
HBP, man on nobody out

Turley-ball gets past Vibe, runner advances.  B, foul, foul, 1-2,  K (backwards)

Kane- S, B, B, 2-1, FO8, 2 down, runner can't advance

Kasper- (JT playing 2nd again, Dugas at SS), S, B, foul, 1-2, *clap clap clap*, B, *clap clap clap*, B  full count, *clap clap clap*, K!!!!!!!

Scoreless after 2, we head to the 3rd

Top 3 Scoreless

Pearson- S, S, FO8, bad launch angle

Crews - Ground out to 3rd, nice play with long throw.  

Even Crews' hit wasn't great contact.  Not seeing this guy

Tanks- 118 MPH foul down LF line, 0-1, foul chop to 3rd, 0-2, DAMMIT, chased another over his head!

3 down, scoreless to the bottom of the 3rd

Bottom 3 scoreless

1. B, B, (both low), 2-0, B (high), 4 pitch walk

2. S, shows bunt, fuggin hit him on the little toe, 2 on nobody out

Mound meeting

Bazzana- bunt, Morgan charging tags him out nearly at home plate, runners advance 1 down men at 2nd and 3rd

Forrester- B, B, (close), S, 2-1, B, damn close, likely just off the inner black, S, 3-2, grounds to JT, nails the dude trying to go home, HUGE play!  Dumb for that guy to run there lol, 2 down. Travinsky had to chase him down to tag him way up the line.  Beat him by 10 feet to the plate. 

McDowell-dribbler to Morgan, steps on bag and we're done

FU advancing to face the Cocks in the super

Top 4  Scoreless

Morgan- S, B, S, B, 2-2, melted to LF, caught for out #1.  Really hit it on the nose, but right at em

Vibe- S, liner into CF for a single, 1 on nobody out

*Dude almost ALWAYS throws a strike to start.  Just be aggressive!

Belly- foul, 0-1, ripped to RF, 2 on 1 out!

Dugas- B, B, 2-0, Beavers gonna taco-boutit, activity in their bullpen, S (6" outside), 2-1, B, 3-1...seek and destroy this fastball, HA, plunked him!

*Bases loaded 1 out*

Jobert- S, was looking for a granny lol, HIT HIM!!  LSU leads 1-0!

JT- S, S, B, High fly to left, Belly with his great speed scores from 3rd!  2-0 (I went to the same HS as that speed demon, Belly!)

This rag arm is done, new rag arm Ferrer coming in with 2 down, 2 on, 2-0 Tigers
Ferrer gave up 4 to the Tigers yesterday and pitched quite a while...

Pearson- B, S, B, 2-1, BLASTED TO CF, ANOTHER TRIPLE FOR PEARSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  4-0 Tigers!

Crews- B, S, S, B, 2-2, foul, stays alive, B, full count, ball 4, 2 on, 2 out, 4 in, Tanks coming up to the plate

Tanks- foul, 0-1, foul, 0-2, (here comes the high fastball over his eyes), ball, he laid off! 1-2, DAMN, chased one in the dirt and a foot outside. 

But emancipation (four score) occurs and we're headed to the bottom of the 4th, Tigers lead 4-0!

Bottom 4

Guerra-walked

Turley- Bomb, 2 runs score on one that scraped the wall on it's way out, it's 4-2 Tigers

*Bullpen gets going, Ack is warming up

Kane-Ripped up the middle, melted to CF, 1 on nobody out

*I'm all for Ackenhausen, but I just have a feeling Herring is due for some brilliance.  Somebody tell JJ GDT user Fishhead wants Herring up and throwing

Kasper- B, JJ slow rollin to the mound...foul, 1-1, S, 1-2, B, 2-2, Tre Morgan is a fuggin magician, 1 down, runner to 2nd

Smith- S, Thompson boots a grounder, runners on 1st and 2nd, E-5

Dernedde- bunt foul, B (passed ball, runners advance), foul, 1-2, foul, stays alive barely, K!  BIG out, 2 down, 2 out, 2 in, need to shut this sh1t down NOW

*Cooper is done, Ack coming on in relief*

Bazanna- S, B, barely...1-1, S, 1-2, Bazzana ain't seeing Ack's pitches at all, fly to right, Pearson puts it away, it's 4-2 Tigers after 4

To the 5th!

Top 5   Tigers lead 4-2

Keljo pitching for the Beavers, had a perfect inning yesterday

Morgan-Nearly decapitated, 1-0, FO8, 1 down

Vibe-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belly-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! I went to the same HS as that guy!!!!!!!

Dugas-C'mon baw!  2-2, K foul tip catcher holds on, 2 down

Jobert- B, foul, 1-1, S swinging at one in the dirt, 1-2, B, 2-2, BASE HIT!!  1 on 2 in 2 outs, Tigers up 6-2

JT- S, B, 1-1, foul, 1-2, foul, still 1-2, he was on that one, just missed, B, CLOSE, 2-2, SINGLE TO RF!  Runners on 1st and 2nd!

New pitcher, Lattery or whatever, pitched yesterday

Pearson- S, foul, 0-2, foul, stays alive, B, 1-2, K, we're done here.  

But the Tigers tack on 2 more going back to back AGAIN with Travinsky and Beloso (who went to the same HS as me)

Tigers lead 6-2 going to the bottom of the 5th

1 minute ago, Nutriaitch said:

5?

why was he playing 3B?

I was confused because he's been playing 2nd all day, so when I saw him over there I just assumed he went to 3rd

Nonetheless, your man crush has an error and mine is swinging at garbage.