Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Kentucky (Super Regionals 2023 - Game 2)

Nutriaitch

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Big T said:

I mean it's not like we have options 

We do though.  Cooper is solid.  Kentucky's starter walked more guys than we have all day in less than 3 innings.  It's college baseball!  Skenes is a generational talent.  Guys like Lange, Nola, Gausman, come along every several years.  Usually the best pitchers go pro out of HS.  VERY rare to see Skenes type pitchers in college, even at LSU.  

I would LOVE if you'd do some research and compare, say, Ty Floyd or Cooper or Hurd to other teams bullpen and secondary starters.  Kentucky has solid pitching throughout, but NOBODY like a Skenes, Gausman, Nola, Lange, or even a Landon Marceau type.  Just a bunch of decent arms.  And you can absolutely win like that...IF you can mash.  

Tennessee last year probably had the best of both worlds, but they didn't even make Omaha lol.  It's BASEBALL!

2 minutes ago, Herb said:

I was fine with Cooper but Collins might have been an option

I like Coop because he's generally less walk happy than most of our relievers.  Throw strikes, Kentucky has hit 3 bombs, yes, but that is completely out of character for them.  Key fact though....

ALL solo shots.  Nobody on base.  That's huge.

• Like 1

Another thing about Collins...

He hasn't pitched in this postseason at all.  Cooper has TONS of post season experience.  Maybe JJ knows something we don't.  

Hopefully this dude for KY is done for the night, because he's been solid.  (Even though he....gasp...throws balls and hits batters every now and then lol)

• Like 1

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don’t care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team, If they don’t win, it’s a shame.
For it’s one, two, three strikes, you’re out, At the old ball game.

Just now, Big T said:

Don't we always go to Stapleton? No reason to buck the trend...sigh

Gotta be a reason why.  My guess is because he throws a lot of strikes.  Earlier in the year, we went to others and they walked us right out of the game.  Blowing HUGE leads with a bunch of walks and a couple bombs, boom...9 run lead gone lol.  fornicate that.  Gimme the guy that throws strikes every time if it's my choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I like Coop because he's generally less walk happy than most of our relievers.  Throw strikes, Kentucky has hit 3 bombs, yes, but that is completely out of character for them.  Key fact though....

ALL solo shots.  Nobody on base.  That's huge.

And Floyd was the pitcher

2 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

what numbers do you want?

Their numbers, period.  Where does Floyd stack up against everyone else's 2nd starter?  

Our problem that nobody could do anything about is, it took a LONG time to find a 3rd starter because 3 of our best pitchers tore their Tommy John this season.  But it looks like we found a COUPLE guys that can do it. 

• Like 1