Gameday Tigers

LSU vs FU (2023 College World Series - Championship Game 2)

Nutriaitch

Just now, Big T said:

Never said errbody should do it. Good grief you are hard headed

I didn't say everybody, dipshit.

just SOMEBODY!

if what you are suggesting was even remotely practical, then there would be multiple examples of it.
instead of well, none.

9 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

I didn't say everybody, dipshit.

just SOMEBODY!

if what you are suggesting was even remotely practical, then there would be multiple examples of it.
instead of well, none.

No there wouldn't and that's like calling someone a racist or saying they beat their wife.  It's dumb. We have a guy that can, he came here to play ss right? Literally everyone that has called a game this year has mentioned it. So why are you trying to act like the kid has never played the position? Or that it's some witchcraft to ask him to do both. Never heard anyone say Bregman could pitch? Guess what no one ever asked him to. Never heard anyone say Nola could play ss, because same reason. Guidry can and he should because Thompson sucks! If not Guidry then someone else, hell put Bekosos fat butt out there.

2 minutes ago, Big T said:

No there wouldn't and that's like calling someone a racist or saying they beat their wife.  It's dumb.

WTF?!!?

what does this have to do with anything?

We have a guy that can, he came here to play ss right? Literally everyone that has called a game this year has mentioned it. So why are you trying to act like the kid has never played the position? Or that it's some witchcraft to ask him to do both.

sure he can do both pitch and play SS.

I'm not saying him (or anybody else) can't play both positions.

I'm saying the particular workload as pitcher we are discussing, combined with the workload of a starting SS is more than what even peak college and pro athlete humans are capable of performing at a high level.

Florida has a 2-way guy (Caglianone). But he only pitches once a week.
because more than that combined with his play in the field is more than his body can handle.

Skenes was a 2 way guy.
He also didn't put out the schedule you're asking Guidry to perform.

Why is that?

oh, because humans aren't built to do that.

Guidry can and he should because Thompson sucks! If not Guidry then someone else, hell put Bekosos fat butt out there.

maybe he can, maybe he can't.
maybe throwing 40 pitches over 4 days, playing SS (and batting) tomorrow AND pitching again at some point tomorrow is more than he can handle at a high level. His best pitch is that Hammer.  You have to get on top of it and spin the shyte outta that thing to make it work.

Want to know the first thing that happens when you're fatigued?

your arm slot drops. now you're not on top of it. so your spin rate decreases.
want to know what a curve with a low spin rate does? hangs.
want to know what happens to a hanger? watch the 2 dingers he gave up. watch Tanks' 2 bombs the last few nights.

I mean the dude weighs a buck-seventy soaking wet at 6' 2". not like he's some big strapping guy that can handle insane workloads.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Big T said:

No there wouldn't and that's like calling someone a racist or saying they beat their wife.  It's dumb. We have a guy that can, he came here to play ss right? Literally everyone that has called a game this year has mentioned it. So why are you trying to act like the kid has never played the position? Or that it's some witchcraft to ask him to do both. Never heard anyone say Bregman could pitch? Guess what no one ever asked him to. Never heard anyone say Nola could play ss, because same reason. Guidry can and he should because Thompson sucks! If not Guidry then someone else, hell put Bekosos fat butt out there.

I want to debate you on a podcast.

you'll never show up down the bayou for the swimming race.
do you have the balls to show up on a podcast?

12 minutes ago, Big T said:

For sure, put it on the schedule!

Stay tuned everyone for the PPV cage podcast coming to a forum near you!

As far as Guidry playing SS then pitcher tomorrow, that's dumb on multiple levels. BUT...

It ain't because his arm will get tired throwing to first base. They hit fly balls lol, not grounders right at us like we do for them. 

He has ZERO chemistry with Dugas or the other fielders, plus we're not even sure he's better than Nippolt. Say Nippolt can't hit, and I'll say can Guidry? Cags throws 100. Can Guidry hit that? You have no clue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

As far as Guidry playing SS then pitcher tomorrow, that's dumb on multiple levels. BUT

I said why not Guidry, or least implied it by my "put Beloso at SS"Someone, ANYONE but Mr. Baseballs mancrush. In fact from here on even though it's one game I'm calling him Pele. Phuck that dude. 

Let's Geaux, schedule that shyte! I'm amped up tonight with nothing but time. Get the recorder going bishes!

4 minutes ago, Big T said:

tonight 

Yeah that ain't happening lol. I already am hating doing podcasts because it takes so long to edit to make Nootch sound like he speaks English and edit as much of his background noise out as possible. Sounds like he's walking around kicking shyte over the whole time

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Big T said:

I said why not Guidry, or least implied it by my "put Beloso at SS"Someone, ANYONE but Mr. Baseballs mancrush. In fact from here on even though it's one game I'm calling him Pele. Phuck that dude. 

and I laid out my reasons.

I've called out my man crush and even said what I think his issues are and how to fix them.

6 minutes ago, Big T said:

Let's Geaux, schedule that shyte! I'm amped up tonight with nothing but time. Get the recorder going bishes!

god I can't wait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

Yeah that ain't happening lol. I already am hating doing podcasts because it takes so long to edit to make Nootch sound like he speaks English and edit as much of his background noise out as possible. Sounds like he's walking around kicking shyte over the whole time

I'm locking myself in a spare bedroom for the one with T.

• Haha 1

One of the things that led to this was the fact that we had to play a few extra games to get back into the finals.  We've had a lot of back to back games.

I mentioned in chat that our fielding looked slow and tired.  I think a large part of this is a result of getting bumped into the loser's bracket by WF. At that point we had to beat Tennesse once and WF a couple of more times in order to get to where we are.

The distance would have been a few games shorter had we beat WF on June 19th.

Instead we had to play 5 games in 5 days.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Big T said:

Some real men left in the world after all

Your problem is you act like we're making the decision lol. Or that we don't want him to start. 

Fact is, not only are we NOT involved, we also (definitely including you lol) have no clue what goes into the decision or even who has the final say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

Your problem is you act like we're making the decision lol. Or that we don't want him to start. 

Fact is, not only are we NOT involved, we also (definitely including you lol) have no clue what goes into the decision or even who has the final say. 

I can take a pretty good guess who has the final say