Gameday Tigers

Countdown to Kickoff 2023

Nutriaitch

On 7/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, Nutriaitch said:

Time to start counting it down:

47 - David LaFleur

louisiana-state-university-tigers-v-aubu

The LSU Coach that signed Dave, asked me if I would go to pickup something with him. At that time I didn’t have a truck, I asked if we needed a truck, nope. He comes to my house with a red ford truck with 4 on the floor. A box of country cassettes were in there. So country music and hauling whatever we were picking up for the day. Dave had loaned his truck to him. 
Years late I saw Dave at the LSU Bayou Bash, signing day. We got to talk for a while, he and Jamie Howard were in business, selling and installing C-Ray, MRI, etc machines. 
Big Dave has a son coming up, the 2025 class. 

LSU offers 2025 4-star tight end from Sulphur, Louisiana

Kyle Richardson 

July 13, 2023 12:46 pm CT

College 12-Pack: Notre Dame in CFP?

LSU’s staff is continuing to follow the plan laid out by Brian Kelly, “Recruit the Boot.” Make sure that the best players from the state of Louisiana stay at home to play for LSU.

JD LaFleur is a 6-foot-5, 220-pound, four-star tight end from Sulphur, Louisiana where he plays for Sulphur High School. The Sulphur Golden Tors finished the 2022 season 4-6 and failed to make the playoffs in 5A.

There are currently no Crystal Ball projections for LaFleur at this time but LSU is a 99% favorite to land him per On3.

Film Analysis: LaFleur is a big guy that does a great job stretching the field vertically.

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Big T said:

True, and used as another lineman more often than not so not his fault 

Maybe, but Andrew Whitworth started out as a TE in high school, moved to OT, spent 16 years in the NFL. Big Whit, retired as the oldest tackle in NFL history and was the oldest offensive lineman to win a Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

I'd say David had a pretty good career at LSU:

https://lsusports.net/sports/fb/roster/player/david-lafleur/

1996 First-Team All-American (Walter Camp Foundation)
1996 Third-Team All-American (AP)
1996 First-Team All-SEC (SEC Coaches, AP)
1994 Honorable Mention All-American (UPI)
1994 First-Team All-SEC (SEC Coaches, AP, Football News)

• Like 2

As of now, how many, and what home games I get to, is up in the air. There is a chance I am going to have a pair of tix available to many of the games. I know most of you are out of town, but if you are interested, let me know.

Section 303 (Visitors side) Lower bowl, Row 55, Seats 9 and 10. That is on the 45 yard line.

7 minutes ago, Just Me said:

As of now, how many, and what home games I get to, is up in the air. There is a chance I am going to have a pair of tix available to many of the games. I know most of you are out of town, but if you are interested, let me know.

Section 303 (Visitors side) Lower bowl, Row 55, Seats 9 and 10. That is on the 45 yard line.

Very Interested!!! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Big T said:

True, and used as another lineman more often than not so not his fault 

I know what you are saying T. I seem to remember Frank Beamer, at one time converting TE’s to OL, it was something like 4 or 5 of the starting OL were former TE’s. 
I also remember LSU converting a couple DL to the OL, sometimes the coaches knowing your best position. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

Here is RB Josh Williams at SEC media day.  He seems like a great young man, has his act together.  Midway in he talks one or two sentences about Coach Flint, the strength coach.  He said last year he didn't have time to put in the whole program, but now it is in.  When Kelly arrived, that was an area most of us agreed needed improvement from the Orgeron era.

• Like 2