Gameday Tigers

Game Thread: LSU vs Florida State (9/3/23 ... 6:30 pm ... ABC)

Nutriaitch

8 minutes ago, Big T said:

There. That's how you do it

It took a lot for me to agree with ANYTHING you say, considering you have the analytical capabilities of a 6 month old orangutan.

With that said, take that win and then pay attention to the details that followed "I'll disagree SLIGHTLY".  That's the highest compliment you'll ever earn or receive from me with the anti-substantive posts you create lol.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

It took a lot for me to agree with ANYTHING you say, considering you have the analytical capabilities of a 6 month old orangutan.

With that said, take that win and then pay attention to the details that followed "I'll disagree SLIGHTLY".  That's the highest compliment you'll ever earn or receive from me with the anti-substantive posts you create lol.  

Blah blah blah lipstick on a pig. If dressing that up makes you feel better then good for you. At the end of the day this team still sucks. Very little to crow about and that will prove itself out at the end of the season. It will be worse when we have an eatme type exodus and anything of value that we did have transfers out.

This cake is baked bruh

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big T said:

Blah blah blah lipstick on a pig. If dressing that up makes you feel better then good for you. At the end of the day this team still sucks. Very little to crow about and that will prove itself out at the end of the season. It will be worse when we have an eatme type exodus and anything of value that we did have transfers out.

This cake is baked bruh

From your keyboard to God's ears lol.  Worked out great for baseball

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The coaching on defense sucked.  

Everybody knew, even little old me, the secondary...especially the CBs...was a disaster waiting to happen. 

So House decides the way to counter that is NOT rush the passer on passing downs?  Excuse me?  
They decide a guy who was CLEARLY the best defensive player on the team last year in Perkins, at 212 lbs, should move to MLB?  Are you kidding me?  I knew they were moving him, but thought SURELY he'd be turned loose on 3rd downs/passing downs.  Instead, he's standing there in the middle with Travis winking at him from 10 yards away before throwing to one of the trees with wheels he has dominating our CBs.  

COACHING.  Pure and simple.  You gonna tell me Harold Perkins sucks?  He is amazing...at what he does best.  MLB ain't it and never was going to be at 212 lbs.  Stupid coaching decision.

I was disappointed.  I feel like BK sold me a bill of goods.  All the talk about how the o-line was going to be so much better, they knew the system, had a year of experience playing together, had at least 7 or 8 deep that could play.  They didn't open any run holes, and didn't protect Daniels that well either.  Daniels going to let it go downfield, been working on that all year, greater confidence, I didn't see any improvement from the end of last year.  On defense, yes the corners suck.  We lucked up last year and pulled some good corners out of the transfer portal, this year, looks like we have second string SEC corners as starters.  Now, FSU has a good o-line and some very BIG good receivers, but against other top flight talent I think we will struggle.  And yes, I think we should see Nuss for a half against Grambling.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I was disappointed.  I feel like BK sold me a bill of goods.  All the talk about how the o-line was going to be so much better, they knew the system, had a year of experience playing together, had at least 7 or 8 deep that could play.  They didn't open any run holes, and didn't protect Daniels that well either.  Daniels going to let it go downfield, been working on that all year, greater confidence, I didn't see any improvement from the end of last year.  On defense, yes the corners suck.  We lucked up last year and pulled some good corners out of the transfer portal, this year, looks like we have second string SEC corners as starters.  Now, FSU has a good o-line and some very BIG good receivers, but against other top flight talent I think we will struggle.  And yes, I think we should see Nuss for a half against Grambling.

Daniels had time to throw.  There's nothing to indicate he's willing to throw across the middle and test safeties.  Funny thing is, FSU's safeties is their weak spot defensively.  

As far as being sold a bill of goods, that's what I meant by us being Charlie Brown and coaches/BR media being Lucy yanking the ball away.  We fall for it every time. 

But also like I mentioned, maybe they really saw that against our defense and believed the offense was that good.  It's actually that the DBs are that bad and we scheme the best D player we have right out of the game. 

A friend of mine feom another team, asked me this. It is a legit question. 

"No jab, serious question- Have you ever seen LSU so bad at tackling?"

I said I'd have to think about recent years, but last night was pitiful. If I answer now it will be just from being pissy. I have also erased the Curly Hallman years from memory, so I can't say worst ever.

• Like 1

You had people we both know, some that post on this board even, posting on FB about how FSU "plays dirty".  Guess what...WE used to play dirty!  I remember fans bitching about dumb penalties saying we can't win championships playing like that.  Pretty sure that was 2007.  LSU was MEAN.  LSU was NASTY!  Did LSU play dirty when Laron Landry was out there decapitating Sarah Jessica Parker, the QB from Alabama?  And standing over him like his daddy?  Damn right we did.  And we were feared, and we won!  

Guess who looked like the badass SEC team last night.  FSU.  Period. We looked like sissies.  But hey, we were disciplined and didn't break too many rules, right?

• Like 1

And BK saying we're going to beat the heck outta FSU was his "sissy blue shirt" comment.  

We all femaledog about Prime and his arrogance.  Well if you're gonna do it, you better back it up.  Was it not similar arrogance when BK said that straight into a microphone?  But we didn't come close to backing it up 

16 hours ago, Fishhead said:

We HAVE to get the running game going outside of Daniels.   

Just like just about all of last season, we never did last night.  Can't afford do be one-dimensional like that. Many were worried about our CBs and last night justified that worry. First game so you don't want to overreact. Is FSU that good or LSU that bad or a little of both?  We will  know more at 11:00am v Moo State and on down the line. Go Tigers!

16 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Just like just about all of last season, we never did last night.  Can't afford do be one-dimensional like that. Many were worried about our CBs and last night justified that worry. First game so you don't want to overreact. Is FSU that good or LSU that bad or a little of both?  We will  know more at 11:00am v Moo State and on down the line. Go Tigers!

I mean it when i say.... let JD run! It's his clear strength.  He's not going to throw over the middle of the field and appears scared to overthrow a receiver down the sideline, so there's zero fear from the defense.  Start running QB power with him. Let's go. He'd be deadly in that offense. 

Either that or I guess let Nuss in to back safeties off the line. 

I'm hearing the team came out flat for the second half.  BK mentioned he was concerned coming out at the half, didn't feel the intensity.  JD said the same thing, he said it is his responsibility as a team leader so he has to do a better job.  Somebody mentioned the only excited guy was Nuss after an LSU TD, congratulating JD.  I noticed that on the sideline during the game, the Nuss excitement.

31 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I'm hearing the team came out flat for the second half.  BK mentioned he was concerned coming out at the half, didn't feel the intensity.  JD said the same thing, he said it is his responsibility as a team leader so he has to do a better job.  Somebody mentioned the only excited guy was Nuss after an LSU TD, congratulating JD.  I noticed that on the sideline during the game, the Nuss excitement.

They (JD and BK) both said we're not the team they thought we were.  Greeeeaaat..... 😛

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Did Stamps play? If not he needs to. We can't carry the liability that is Chestnut,  that kid is awful 

He came in when Chestnut got nicked for a play, that's it.  

To my knowledge, no other freshman played except MAYBE on special teams.  I could be wrong.  

I'm about to blow your mind. 

As we all know, there's 11 players on the field for each team during every play, right?  11.  
LSU played 13 players all NIGHT on offense.  13.  That's insane.  In fact, it's dumb.

2 minutes ago, GREG said:

As embarrassing as last night was, the good news is, last nights loss means nothing. If the mistakes are corrected and LSU is able to mirror last season, winning cures all woes and there's still a chance at the playoffs. 

I like your positivity!  Welcome to the group!

• Like 1

The issues are fixable, except MAYBE the CB room.  Can't exactly go buy players during the season lol.  

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't try to move a WR to CB prior to camp.  This was always gonna be a thin position group.  Harris couldn't have possibly been counted on.  JK's injury was unexpected, but it's football...always expect injuries.  

BK was right though that it falls on him.  (and the coaches)  This experiment with Perkins cannot continue.  It's silly.  He's not a MLB.  He's not big enough and it's clearly not his game.  How can you allow the DC or whomever made the decision to move your best overall player on the team to a position that neuters him??  

But welcome, Greg.  You're correct and I appreciate the sane remarks.  We tend to stick to that for the most part, except @Big T.  He still wants to fire Jay Johnson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

The issues are fixable, except MAYBE the CB room.  Can't exactly go buy players during the season lol.  

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't try to move a WR to CB prior to camp.  This was always gonna be a thin position group.  Harris couldn't have possibly been counted on.  JK's injury was unexpected, but it's football...always expect injuries.  

BK was right though that it falls on him.  (and the coaches)  This experiment with Perkins cannot continue.  It's silly.  He's not a MLB.  He's not big enough and it's clearly not his game.  How can you allow the DC or whomever made the decision to move your best overall player on the team to a position that neuters him??  

But welcome, Greg.  You're correct and I appreciate the sane remarks.  We tend to stick to that for the most part, except @Big T.  He still wants to fire Jay Johnson.

Thanks.

I agree on Perkins but who knows what's next, BK looked a lost in the second half. I just want to see WR's that catch the ball when they're hit in the hands/numbers, PR's that either field or advance punts... not muff them, I want to see Oline block and open holes, I want to see the Dline get pressure... and the umpteen rush attempts on the goal line fail should never happen. 

• Like 1