Gameday Tigers

Greg Brooks-His family has released a statement

Fishhead

23 minutes ago, COTiger65 said:

Here's hoping & praying for a complete & speedy recovery.

got to have faith.

I know of 2 people personally who have had brain tumors (both kids unfortunately).

one has made a complete recovery and you would never even know anything ever happened to her.
Dean's list entering her Junior year of College (going to be a nurse)

the other to my knowledge has also rounded the corner, but fight isn't over yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, COTiger65 said:

What concerns me is the fact that he had the surgery last Friday and the medics haven't released the results of the biopsy.  I'm obviously not a doctor so I don't know if that's a normal time frame.

I would expect the results of the biopsy to take about a week. 

Like Nootch,  I also have a nephew, he's 34 now.  While in his mid 20s, working nights as a paramedic, he was wading in the Gulf one morning after work, LUCKILY with his fiancé at the time.  He suddenly collapsed into the water, and fortunately his fiancé was able to rescue him from drowning.  Initially the thought was he passed out from exhaustion.  But they did an MRI and in fact he had a brain tumor.  

For him, he did have surgery, but his tumor was not "encapsulated", and they were unable to get all of it.  And it is cancer.  At that point, they have to weigh the options.  How much cancerous material can they get without affecting his motor functions, so they didn't get it all.  He has undergone chemo and radiation and is actually still working as HEAD paramedic in Pensacola FL.  His only side effect is a pronounced limp, but he blames that on a foot injury none of us ever heard about, including my sister...his mother.  But point being, there's a ton of examples of otherwise healthy people surviving and thriving through something like this.  My prayer is for Greg to survive and thrive, and if it is thriving on the football field, so be it.  But I don't care if he's a car salesman.  Just praying for survival and thrival in life.

• Like 3

Several Walk-On's restaurants will participate in a special giveback Tuesday to show support for LSU football player Greg Brooks. 

Brooks, an LSU starting safety, was diagnosed with medulloblastoma, a rare form of brain cancer. He underwent emergency surgery to remove the brain tumor last month. Many people from the LSU community have shown support for him, including Tyrann Mathieu, former LSU defensive back, and Jacob Hester, former LSU running back. 

A decal for LSU safety Greg Brooks Jr. (3) dons the helmet of tight end Mason Taylor (86) before the game on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

STAFF PHOTO BY MICHAEL JOHNSON

The football team honored Brooks with No. 3 stickers on the backs of their helmets Sept. 23 against Arkansas. 

Ten percent of all sales made throughout the day at participating Walk-On's locations will support Brooks' medical expenses. The restaurants include: 

• 3838 Burbank Drive, Baton Rouge
  • 7425 Corporate Blvd., Baton Rouge (Towne Center) 
  • 437 Oak Plaza Blvd., Brusly
  • 2828 Outfitter's Drive, Gonzales (Tanger Outlets) 
  • 14569 Airline Highway, Gonzales (Prairieville)
  • 27010 Crossing Circle, Denham Springs (Juban Crossing) 
  • Like 1

• Nutriaitch unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...