Gameday Tigers

Game Thread: LSU vs. Ole Miss - 2023 (ESPN ... 5:00 PM)

Nutriaitch

1 minute ago, Big T said:

That only plays so far. We are enough games in and you have to fight with the army you have. This isn't on Ed

Not if you dont have the personnel and he left the cupboard bare.  Kelly saved some of the last Ed O class and has only had one full of his own.  If there isnt anyone in the portal you can't pull them out of thin air

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dachsie said:

Not if you dont have the personnel and he left the cupboard bare.  Kelly saved some of the last Ed O class and has only had one full of his own.  If there isnt anyone in the portal you can't pull them out of thin air

Have to coach em up. Sorry, sure Ed screwed us yadda yadda but that is done. At some point accountability has to fall with what we have. What we have is 10 lbs of turds in a 9 lb bag.

I was at a party last night and told someone that I could pick 10 random folks from this crowd and score a TD against LSU. With me playing QB and I can't throw the ball more than 30 yds.

And I'm not joking, it doesn't take much to score on those @ssholes

16 hours ago, Big T said:

That only plays so far. We are enough games in and you have to fight with the army you have. This isn't on Ed

when you take over a roster that has less than half the allotted players on it, you get a longer leash to use that line.

16 hours ago, dachsie said:

Nootch - I would be interested on a breakdown of our defense for this game.

I don't think the filters on this website will allow it.

16 hours ago, Big T said:

Have to coach em up. Sorry, sure Ed screwed us yadda yadda but that is done. At some point accountability has to fall with what we have. What we have is 10 lbs of turds in a 9 lb bag.

I see both sides of this.

1st, you can only coach up subpar personnel so far. I mean that's it.  I'm a short white guy with arthritis in my hip.  Not even the greatest coach in history is turning me into an all-American in FBS.

however ... we have good enough personnel that w should be at least average on defense instead of liquid dog shyte.

15 hours ago, GREG said:

LSU has an Offense, no Defense... LSU has a Defense, no Offense...

just going to throw this out there, but the combo that everyone bitched about the most was by far the most successful here.

y'all all got what you asked for.

15 hours ago, GREG said:

This coaching staff is horrendous.

parts of it definitely are.

14 hours ago, Perple said:

Lou  Tepper is back under an assumed  name, House.  BK hired him. 

Ole Miss rolled up a mere 706 yards in their win.

Pelini in 2020 was worse than Tepper.
at this rate Tepper is falling into 3rd place.

4 hours ago, Big T said:

I was at a party last night and told someone that I could pick 10 random folks from this crowd and score a TD against LSU. With me playing QB and I can't throw the ball more than 30 yds.

And I'm not joking, it doesn't take much to score on those @ssholes

oh please. my geriatric ass and a couple messicans from the gas station would stop you and your beer buddies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

just going to throw this out there, but the combo that everyone bitched about the most was by far the most successful here.

What most people, imo, bitched about, (including me), was the lack of progression after 2007. A mediocre offense with a stout defense will win you games, but eventually the piper comes calling with a bag full of karma... 

8 minutes ago, GREG said:

A mediocre offense with a stout defense will win you games, but eventually the piper comes calling with a bag full of karma... 

and what will a good offense with shyte defense get you?

hint: we saw it last night.

we looked like a fornicating Big XII team.  
might as well call ourselves Texas Tech

every LSU football team from roughly 2001-2015 would have throttled that Ole Miss team last night.

• Like 1