Gameday Tigers

Game Thread: LSU vs. Ole Miss - 2023 (ESPN ... 5:00 PM)

Nutriaitch

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

My sentiments exactly.

Kelly has only had one recruiting class all his own. So I’ll give him some time. But last night? Nah. That can’t happen.

considering where this roster was when he got here, he gets time.

but we seriously need a drastic change in philosophy.
and we need it quick.

• Like 3

On 10/1/2023 at 5:31 PM, Nutriaitch said:

considering where this roster was when he got here, he gets time.

but we seriously need a drastic change in philosophy.
and we need it quick.

Do we need a change in philosophy or more talented players to execute the current philosophy?  I think we need more talented players and better coaching technique versus philosophy.

9 hours ago, Big T said:

What happened on the play where they Molly whopped our punter? I was sure that was going to give us the ball back. Wasn't able to hear what happened?

It was ruled a 5 yarder instead of a 15.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big T said:

What happened on the play where they Molly whopped our punter? I was sure that was going to give us the ball back. Wasn't able to hear what happened?

that was in no way a "Molly whopping"

old ladies bump into your grocery cart at HEB harder than that hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Demetrius Hookfin.  Remember him? People were all over Saban for playing him.  Saban's almost direct response was "If we had somebody better, I'd play them."

SIDE NOTE:  Hookfin did make some plays and wasn't quite as bad as people remember him to be:

Stallworth is still haunted by Dec. 8, 2001, at the Georgia Dome.

A junior wide receiver, he cut across midfield in the fourth quarter of the SEC championship game against LSU, catching a low pass from quarterback Casey Clausen. Tigers cornerback Demetrius Hookfin punched the ball out of Stallworth’s hands at the LSU 33-yard line. Tennessee trailed 24-20 with less than 9 minutes to play and didn’t recover.

“I cost my team a chance to go to the national championship,” said Stallworth, who played at UT from 1998 to 2001. “As long as I live, that will always be one of the biggest regrets that I have in football.”

Tennessee lost 31-20 to Nick Saban’s undermanned Tigers, who won with backup freshman quarterback Matt Mauck. The Vols fell from their No. 2 ranking, squandering their shot at a second national title in four seasons. And with it, the first cracks in the foundation of UT football began to show.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2023/02/01/donte-stallworth-cried-tennessee-football-orange-bowl-2022/69859019007/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Big T said:

Had a chance to buy a bottle a couple months ago, ~ 200 bucks. I should have bought it, heard its great

you can get it through Jack Daniel's website.

not sure the price.  but damn that one glass I had was smooooooth.  I'm still chasing that flavor.

9 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

you can get it through Jack Daniel's website.

not sure the price.  but damn that one glass I had was smooooooth.  I'm still chasing that flavor.

I had never heard of it until about a month before I found it on the shelf at the base exchange.  I've yet to hear anyone speak ill of it. I'll have some before the winter is over.