Gameday Tigers

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Mizzou

dachsie

I can't disagree on any of those, so variants:

Good - We found a way to win and at a few critical points in the game, our defense actually stopped them.

Bad - Special teams less than stellar: crap punt in 1st quarter, missed FG, penalties at the worst times.  Refs - almost cost us the game: JD was clearly in for a TD and they marked the ball on the one + the non-call on Mizzou's TD when their guard clearly flinched and our entire D was pointing to the culprit (yet the play went on and they scored).

UGLY - All caps to emphasize how bad our D is. Missed tackles are unbelievable at this point when it has been a constant point of emphasis by the coaching staff (allegedly). We really can't fire our DC at this point in the season, unfortunately, since the only viable candidate to be our DC right now is Mel Tucker.  Put House on notice that he either turns the defense around immediately or he is sent packing when the season is over.

• Like 1

Good - we won using a completely different philosophy than we had been using. this versatility will only help going forward

Bad - outside of maybe 3 people, this team lacks attitude and heart.  it’s borderline embarrassing how little “give a shyte” is showing. 

Ugly - Matt House needs to gag on an AIDs infested camel roostah  

• Like 1

Good:  A come from behind road win against a SEC opponent.  I suspect I'm in the minority, but I think our D played a hell of a lot better in the 2nd half.

Bad: Lackluster 1st half in all phases.  Pass coverage or lack thereof.

Ugly:  I wouldn't call anything ugly.  Nice comeback win after the heart breaking loss to the Rebs.

• Like 6

I'm with CO on the ugly. First half, sure, but allowing as little as we did in the 2nd half with that good a QB and WR corps shows massive improvement. 

Good-Our offense. Jayden Daniels should seriously be in the Heisman discussion. He's on pace with 2019 Joe Burrow and NOBODY saw that coming. Diggs is a hoss... we DO have a bell cow. Malik and BTJ are awesome, and Taylor is a weapon. The OL is better than they get credit for, and still very young. DJ Chester needs to stay at C the rest of the way. 

The Bad- The defense in the first quarter and really first half was awful again. Overall gave up another ton of yds.  Needs to continue improvement. Nootch will disagree, but the zone worked better in the 2nd half. Due to lack of ball skills by the entire secondary, they're simply incapable of man coverage. 

The Ugly- Worst officiated game I've ever seen, both ways. That crew should never be allowed to work above middle school level again. Atrocious. This includes all the Auburn games AT Jordan Hare in history. 

• Like 2

Bottom line, as the DL improves, so will the defense. The secondary was always going to be an issue. It was expected the front four would mitigate that issue and to this point they have been a non-factor...

Until Saturday. 

They're still responsible for the atrocious rush Defense early.  If they can focus on rush Defense the rest of the way with who we'll face, we can outscore everyone else on the schedule. The secondary is what it is. 

We just beat an undefeated ranked SEC team on the road in arctic conditions at 11am Jefferson Pilot start time. 

(60s and lower is arctic)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

The Ugly- Worst officiated game I've ever seen, both ways. 

if by "worst" you mean overall incompetence, then yes I'll agree with you on that one.  These guys looked like they just genuinely sucked and weren't fornicating anyone over on purpose.

the '06 Auburn game was intentional and you'll never convince me otherwise.
that crew dictated the outcome of a football game, so still outranks the crew from this weekend though.

• Like 1

Good- Better DL play, helps the DB’s. Not as many missed tackles as ole miss. Daniels continues to master the QB position. Denbrock called a good game, mixing the pass and run. The OL continues to impress. Jones missed on a few blocks, the rest looked good. OC, Chester is ok, big jump for him, but the offseason will get him where he needs to be, he did well, just being thrown into the fire. 

Bad- Defensively the first quarter. The second half, was way better. INTs helped. 

Ugly- Officiating. Is that the best the SEC has? 

Too add, a friend told me today, our win Friday was the first of a SEC West team, beating a team from the East.