Gameday Tigers

Will Wade Suspended Indefinitely

dachsie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preliminary notifications have been sent out to representatives of both Arizona basketball coach Sean Miller and LSU basketball coach Will Wade that they will be subpoenaed for the April 22 federal basketball corruption trial, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports. These notifications are essentially a courtesy to avoid a public spectacle for the coaches, like getting served in the middle of a game or a practice.

The impending subpoenas mark a potentially dynamic development in the college basketball corruption case. It creates the potential of two high-profile head coaches testifying in federal court about the granular detail of the recruiting underworld – something that never manifested in the initial federal trial last fall. It raises thorny questions for the public universities that employ them, as both the optics of potentially testifying in federal court about basketball recruiting and potential answers that could be given under oath will be a likely cause of consternation for Arizona and LSU administrators.

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

• 2 weeks later...

I'll wait for the testimony in court to come out before making a judgement.

I hope to God these are just snippets taken out of context, but if the cover is being ripped off of the dirty underbelly of college athletics - including football recruiting - I am all for it.

Sunshine is the best cure for corruption.

There are numerous schools in this investigation. 

Arizona, Clemson,  Duke, Kansas, Alabama, the list goes on and on. Why is lsu being singled out at tourney time? There are recordings involving Zion Williamson mentioning housing for his family and money... like, amounts.  Where's the outrage? Oh yeah, they're blue bloods and LSU is upsetting the apple cart. 

List of schools potentially affected:

Based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier.

List of current players on Dawkins' ledger:

Here are the eight current players or those players' families who are listed in Dawkins' docs:

• Brian Bowen, South Carolina (formerly of Louisville): $7,000
  • Bennie Boatwright, USC: $2,000
  • Chimezie Metu, USC: $2,000
  • Eric Davis, Texas: 1,500
  • Miles Bridges' mother: $400
  • Wendell Carter's (Duke) mother: amount not specified 
  • Collin Sexton, Alabama: amount not specified
  • Kevin Knox, Kentucky: amount not specified  

Note that NO current LSU players are on that list.  As far as I understand it, Will Wade was subpoena'd by the DEFENSE and not the prosecution.

Let it play out and let the truth shine.

This might actually wind up being a tax fraud case where Dawkins was claiming fraudulent "business expenses" to lower his adjusted income.

This message board can't seem to handle the quote function properly if you have more than 1 quote in a reply.  Those last 3 sentences of my previous reply should not be in the gray quote box.

Archived