dachsie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Herb said:

1. What is an LOI?

2. I think Dad was referring to Tulane?

1.  my bad, should have been LOIC. “Lack of Institutional control”

2. no way in hell dad would insult us by saying Toolame was a “matching” school.  plus they got busted point shaving. which is a felony. 

https://thehayride.com/2019/03/tuesday-is-the-day-for-lsu-and-will-wade-to-come-together/

quote:
The answer to this seems to be in the politics of LSU and its athletic department. We’re told that an attempt was made today to have that meeting LSU has asked of Wade. We’re also told that LSU’s compliance department pressed a demand that an NCAA representative be on hand for that meeting. This became a sticking point, and scuttled the plans for the coach and the top brass to meet – what Wade wants is an informal meeting with Athletic Director Joe Alleva and President F. King Alexander, and his perspective, we’re told, is that he’s not actually going to have to testify in this case, that the seemingly-damning remarks on the transcript released by Yahoo! Sports are selective and paint the exchange between him and Christian Dawkins (who was not a middleman for Smart, and with whom Wade maintains he’s never actually done any business other than occasionally talking shop) in a light which doesn’t reflect reality, and that this will all eventually blow over.

quote:
LSU hasn’t done its best possible job in facilitating the coach’s cooperation here, and we’ve been told multiple times that Wade has been at loggerheads with LSU compliance officials and others within the athletic department in the past – particularly over objections to his signing Kavell Bigby-Williams and Emmitt Williams after accusations of sexual misconduct, never proven, were made about both before their commitments to LSU. There is the distinct smell of an intradepartmental political battle wafting through some of the demand for this meeting

quote:
Tuesday is therefore a moment of truth for both the coach and the administration. Wade may not like having to be called on the carpet with an NCAA representative on hand in order to be able to do his job in the NCAA Tournament, but he’s going to have to take a deep breath and put up with it. And LSU is going to have to work with him some – there are questions LSU’s compliance people and others may have that Wade is going to have to demur from answering because of that trial, and they’re going to have to agree to table those questions until after his subpoena becomes moot in the offseason.

quote:
And if Tony Benford coaches LSU to a loss to Yale on Thursday, regardless of what anybody thinks about Will Wade the anger at Joe Alleva and F. King Alexander is going to erupt like a volcano. This isn’t the first rodeo LSU fans have had with those two, after all – over the weekend, for example, we covered the diatribe former Board of Regents chair Richard Lipsey, who years ago helped found the Tiger Athletic Foundation, laid out demanding their firings. Lipsey isn’t alone – we understand that the TAF plane coming back from Nashville Friday night was a near riot with furious boosters seething over the Wade thing and numerous other public-relations and administrative lowlights in recent history; a repeat of that experience this Thursday night en route home from Jacksonville won’t be any better. Reports that Alexander was painting the town in Nashville after the LSU loss haven’t helped

#FreeWillWade

From the start of this, the tragedy for Wade is that he has not been charged with anything: either by a prosecutor or the NCAA.  He was subpoenaed by the DEFENSE team in a trial, not the prosecution.

He was told by his legal counsel to not say anything about an ongoing investigation and looming criminal trial else he might face contempt of court charges.

Yet here LSU is insisting that NCAA investigators be present in any discussion if he wishes to be reinstated.

Ironically, LSU has been advised to not comment on a different ongoing investigation involving Our Lady of the Lake...what's good for the goose is good for the gander, isn't it?

#FreeWillWade
#AllevaCanEataBagofDicks

59 minutes ago, Herb said:

#FreeWillWade

From the start of this, the tragedy for Wade is that he has not been charged with anything: either by a prosecutor or the NCAA.  He was subpoenaed by the DEFENSE team in a trial, not the prosecution.

He was told by his legal counsel to not say anything about an ongoing investigation and looming criminal trial else he might face contempt of court charges.

Yet here LSU is insisting that NCAA investigators be present in any discussion if he wishes to be reinstated.

Ironically, LSU has been advised to not comment on a different ongoing investigation involving Our Lady of the Lake...what's good for the goose is good for the gander, isn't it?

#FreeWillWade
#AllevaCanEataBagofDicks

ok, this will not be very popular, but I kinda have to defend LSU here.

LSU had to suspend Wade the moment there was a know recording of him discussing "an offer"
simply discussing a potential impermissible offer is an NCAA violation.

prior to the tape, LSU could always use the "i didn't know" excuse and let Wade keep coaching.
welp, that option is completely off the table now.

and it's not LSU insisting the NCAA be involved. it's the NCAA telling LSU they need to be involved.

on the not commenting thing:
LSU is not commenting publicly. but you bet your ass i the NCAA came asking questions about this one, they would not say "oh we ain't even talking to you yet".

with all of that being said, this is yet another clusterfuck that happens under Alleva's watch.
please for the love of all that is purple and gold, run this back of elephant shyte out of town.

Actually, unless there's stuff that hasn't been leaked (which is impossible under this administration), there's no reason to suspend Wade. There is no NCAA allegations against him, and Bruce Pearl is proof you can tell your admin no to meeting with them and continue your job. 

This stuff leaked by Yahoo is at best circumstantial and definitely intentionally snippets to generate clicks. LSU only made it worse by jumping and reacting to it by suspending Wade. Look at what happened to Miami and UNC with all that "evidence"generated by Yahoo. 

Not a damn thing 

wait. which example of Bruce Pearl are you using as your argument. 

the Bruce Pearl that got fired from Tennessee?

or the one being kept by the dirtiest school in the SEC?

are we really that fornicating desperate to win that we are using something at Auburn as a beacon of hope?

12 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

The one who told auburn get fricked and the ncaa ain't doing shyte about it. He'll be coaching in the tourney with more evidence (in the same case) against him. 

please list said "more evidence" against Pearl.
seriously, because i haven't followed close enough to know what they do/don't have against him.

10 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Hey I said after NSD, frick it... we need to do what the others are doing to compete. 

Speaking of Auburn, remember when they vacated their football NC after suspending Cam for like a day? 

Me neither. 

The NCAA is powerless

do you remember the wire taps containing actual recordings of the discussions by Auburn employees to buy Cam?

me either.

Regarding the wiretap, have you heard it? I haven't. I don't trust Yahoo or anyone in this, including Wade.  

Regarding Pearl, he had assistants ARRESTED over this. They're way more involved than LSU. His admin wanted to discuss and he told em get fricked. Still not meeting with them, still coaching in the tourney. Never missed a game. 

Look, I'm sure there's validity to this with Wade being involved in shenanigans. That said, LSU admin reacted crazily to Vitale freaking out (hypocrite of hypocrites) and made it look worse than it is.  If you held a gun to my head and asked who has the best chance of surviving this out of Alleva, Fking, and Wade, I'm picking Wade. 

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

Regarding the wiretap, have you heard it? I haven't. I don't trust Yahoo or anyone in this, including Wade.  

have i personally heard it?
no.
has LSU and/or the NCAA heard it? don't know. possibly.

Regarding Pearl, he had assistants ARRESTED over this. They're way more involved than LSU. His admin wanted to discuss and he told em get fricked. Still not meeting with them, still coaching in the tourney. Never missed a game. 

his assistant was arrested? oh no.  why wasn't Pearl arrested too?
oh, because we don't arrest people for shyte their assistants do if we can prove they put them up to it.

now, you and i both "know" he's involved and running this shyte. 
you and i also both know that us  the common sense we use to link him and his assistant is not admissible nor as damning as having your own freaking voice on tape.

That said, LSU admin reacted crazily to Vitale freaking out (hypocrite of hypocrites) and made it look worse than it is. 

bullsh!t.
change the name of the school/coach to anyone else in the SEC and no way in hell would you be defending the coach right now. 

if this was Saban's voice on tape saying the exact same thing, would you for even a split second say that he shouldn't be suspended?
that the administration is over reacting and he should absolutely still be coaching?

if you said yes, you're lying to yourself and you know it.

7 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

have i personally heard it?
no.
has LSU and/or the NCAA heard it? don't know. possibly.

his assistant was arrested? oh no.  why wasn't Pearl arrested too?
oh, because we don't arrest people for shyte their assistants do if we can prove they put them up to it.

now, you and i both "know" he's involved and running this shyte. 
you and i also both know that us  the common sense we use to link him and his assistant is not admissible nor as damning as having your own freaking voice on tape.

bullsh!t.
change the name of the school/coach to anyone else in the SEC and no way in hell would you be defending the coach right now. 

if this was Saban's voice on tape saying the exact same thing, would you for even a split second say that he shouldn't be suspended?
that the administration is over reacting and he should absolutely still be coaching?

if you said yes, you're lying to yourself and you know it.

I say no to the last question. But it doesn't matter because the NCAA is impotent to do anything about it. 

Wade was stupid to make the call himself, but the fact is, NOBODY knows what the call was really about. All we know is how Yahoo made it seem

ok seriously. even you know the answer to that one.

completely theoretical.

you can have a video tape with a dozen eye witnesses of Will Wade handing a sack full of cash to a handler. Have every person in the video give sworn/signed affidavits saying that cash was specifically given to the handler in order to land Smart. 

if Smart "didn't know" about this discussion/transaction, he is clear and can play. 

6 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

the NCAA is impotent to do anything about it. 

wrong.

the NCAA is impotent about GETTING info.
they have no subpoena power. none.

so if they don't have the info, and you don't give them info, then nope, they really can't do shyte.

HOWEVER, if oh lets say a wire tap becomes public knowledge through an investigation conducted by the FBI, the NCAA has full power to slam whoever is on said tape as well as the school that guy works for.

The tape didn't come out via the FBI. It came out via Yahoo. Actually it didn't. They just released something allegedly on a recorded conversation. 

I wouldn't be afraid to bet Wade never actually testifies in this case. I think it's much ado about nothing. The tapes have already been rendered inadmissible once and i bet they are at this hearing as well. So the NCAA wil have to subpoena them, which they can't. 

All that said, if Wade were reinstated and this stuff was later investigated by the NCAA, they might find cause to vacate our season. 

And if he's NOT reinstated, they STILL may find cause to vacate our season except the part where we're 1-1.

It's a gamble, but not much of one. Look at how Missouri  cooperating with the NCAA helped them lol. Being proactive won't help. In fact, seems the only successful way to fight the NCAA is to tell them to frick off. 

5 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

The tape didn't come out via the FBI. It came out via Yahoo. Actually it didn't. They just released something allegedly on a recorded conversation. 

jesus dude. are you being intentionally obtuse just to fornicate with me?

the tape was ACQUIRED by the FBI. and fell into the NCAA's hands.  the exact steps are not relevant.

the relevant part is that the NCAA didn't find the info themselves. It was handed to them.

7 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I wouldn't be afraid to bet Wade never actually testifies in this case. I think it's much ado about nothing. The tapes have already been rendered inadmissible once and i bet they are at this hearing as well.

totally irrelevant to whether or not any NCAA rules were/weren't broken.

12 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

So the NCAA wil have to subpoena them, which they can't. 

you're assuming yahoo doesn't already have the actual tapes and/or played them for NCAA yet.

15 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

jesus dude. are you being intentionally obtuse just to fornicate with me?

the tape was ACQUIRED by the FBI. and fell into the NCAA's hands.  the exact steps are not relevant.

the relevant part is that the NCAA didn't find the info themselves. It was handed to them.

totally irrelevant to whether or not any NCAA rules were/weren't broken.

you're assuming yahoo doesn't already have the actual tapes and/or played them for NCAA yet.

Show me where there's any proof the NCAA has more than the Yahoo article. I have zero reason to believe they do or ever will. 

EVERY school breaks NCAA rules. Literally every single relevant program in the major sports. 

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

Show me where there's any proof the NCAA has more than the Yahoo article. I have zero reason to believe they do or ever will. 

i don't know if they do or they don't have it. and neither do you.
in a world of shady individuals, if you think it's not even remotely possible that one of them already slipped this tape to the NCAA, you're fooling yourself.

and even if the NCAA doesn't have it yet, do you really put it beyond possibility for Yahoo to give it them in exchange for something else?

really?

6 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

EVERY school breaks NCAA rules. Literally every single relevant program in the major sports. 

and?

again, their is a difference between "knowing" (wink wink) and having anything even resembling actual proof or hard evidence.

Archived