Gameday Tigers

Coach O, Big Raise And Contract.

LSUDad

10 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

His record shows he's UNDER paid right now, Nootch.  If he went 12-1 this upcoming season they'd be paying him his actual value. LSU came out on top in this one. 

Weren't you just complaining about his huge buyout? Until it was pointed out it's a good, well structured buyout. 

So many things to complain about right now and you're picking this one?

His record is exactly what got the guy before him FIRED. 

now, if he goes 12-1 this coming season, there is a extremely high chane that comes with a playoff berth. depending on the 1 loss, a trip to Atlanta and possibly an SEC title.
That is earning a raise and extension.  THAT is precisely when you give a raise and extension.

His buyout is now 4 times what it was prior to this extension.
FOUR TIMES as high. at a school that is just finishing up paying a shyte-ton of money to multiple coaches to not coach due to buyouts that were not favorable to LSU.

11 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

So many things to complain about right now and you're picking this one?

in my defense, i complained about this when the rumors of it first started floating around.
I'm not gonna sweep it under the rug because administration dumped this news during all the shyte hitting the fan.

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

Who deserves more based on recent success?

Pruitt? Gus? Stoops??

Well, Gus was justin the SEC title game in 2017.Well Gus did just win the division in '17. 
Stoops just posted the winning-est season his school has had in over 40 years. 

Pruitt, I'll give you that one.
I'm on record as not being a huge fan of giving a guy his first head gig.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

His record is exactly what got the guy before him FIRED. 

now, if he goes 12-1 this coming season, there is a extremely high chane that comes with a playoff berth. depending on the 1 loss, a trip to Atlanta and possibly an SEC title.
That is earning a raise and extension.  THAT is precisely when you give a raise and extension.

His buyout is now 4 times what it was prior to this extension.
FOUR TIMES as high. at a school that is just finishing up paying a shyte-ton of money to multiple coaches to not coach due to buyouts that were not favorable to LSU

That's not accurate. Are you claiming his buyout is currently $2.5 million? It's over 6 million actually.

EDIT: 5.2M currently***

Regarding Miles, what was Miles making and what was his buyout? You act as though since O is achieving like Miles, he should be less well compensated. 

Regarding Gus, O's record since he's been at LSU is far better than Gus', and he's 2-0 against him. 

Regarding Stoops, aside from pointing out the fact he's in the East, again, compare records, with O facing stiffer competition. 

8 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

That's not accurate. Are you claiming his buyout is currently $2.5 million? It's over 6 million actually.

EDIT: 5.2M currently***

Regarding Miles, what was Miles making and what was his buyout? You act as though since O is achieving like Miles, he should be less well compensated. 

Regarding Gus, O's record since he's been at LSU is far better than Gus', and he's 2-0 against him. 

Regarding Stoops, aside from pointing out the fact he's in the East, again, compare records, with O facing stiffer competition. 

his pre-extension contract, his buyout decreased steadily until $1 million at it's lowest.

with the extension it is $4 million at it's lowest.

4 million is exactly 4 times the amount of 1 million.

In the east. Like I said. 

Sure, he had a great RB above Kentucky's standards (whos now gone), but his success stems mainly from being a member of the SECEast, and doesn't even equal Os.

KENTUCKY

they have been in the East since that divisions inception.
the East has been weak for about a decade now.
nobody not named Stoops has come anywhere close to his level of success.

therefore, Kentucky pays him handsomely.
he is quite literally having historic levels of success at his school.

the "historic" things O has achieved at LSU will never be listed in a thread defending him getting a raise.

Last year (when he was already getting paid more than O), he had a great year by Kentucky's standards. 

Aside from that he's averaging 6-6 in the East.  C'mon man. That's taking out not only his 10 win season (last year, when he was already making more than O) and his 2-10 year. 

2-10

5-7

5-7

7-6

7-6

10-3

Orgeron

6-3

9-4

10-3

In the west. 

It doesn't matter what miles' record was. We already agree:

A- he should've been replaced

B- the search was a joke

But, we also know he has made much less than Miles AND this future contract is lower than Miles'.  The results are equal, the pay isn't. The results of his peers are less and the pay is more.  

Obviously Saban is paid according to his worth. 

Jimbo is paid according to what TAMU wants his worth to be. 

Gus has had losing seasons along with a couple great seasons. 

All 3 make significantly more than O would make with this contract. I don't see the issue here. 

14 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Last year (when he was already getting paid more than O), he had a great year by Kentucky's standards. 

Aside from that he's averaging 6-6 in the East.  C'mon man. That's taking out not only his 10 win season (last year, when he was already making more than O) and his 2-10 year. 

he has a higher winning % than anyone who has coached there since the Vietnam War ended.

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

They're a basketball school. They're paying their middling football coach more than lsu is for worse results

expectations at the two schools are quite different, wouldn't you think?

I mean his "worse results" are seriously better than anyone else has accomplished at the same school since the Kennedy administration.
therefore, they pay the man. he's the best they've had in forever. probably best they will have in forever. 
Because they're fornicating Kentucky. next guy whoever and whenever that is will probably be back to what they always are. not even bowl eligible.

LSU allegedly sets their sights much higher than that.

Ed Orgeron is turning in results that his boss said was fireable as recently as 2016.
that just a couple posts ago you agreed was fireable.

we're giving him a raise.

Dude, he's averaging 8.3 wins a year and gets 7 million dollars per year. I realize he won the SEC with a 4 loss season, and lost a BCSNCG in his first year (6 years ago). 

Gimme a break.  8.3 wins a year warranrs 7 million a year? And a near $30 MILLION BUYOUT? O is averaging more wins per year and makes significantly less even with this contract. And... hasn't lost to AU. You of all people should be going in to help pay the man lol. He beats AU

Dude, he's averaging 8.3 wins a year and gets 7 million dollars per year. I realize he won the SEC with a 4 loss season, and lost a BCSNCG in his first year (6 years ago). 

do you even read your own shyte before hitting submit?

he never won the SEC in a 4 loss year.

he won the West with 2 losses. other 2 losses came in SEC CG and a Bowl.

but the fact of the matter is he won the division. recently.
during O's tenure here even.

he's also actually beat his biggest rival. more than once. also done it recently.
and has literally never been shutout by him.

6 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

do you even read your own shyte before hitting submit?

he never won the SEC in a 4 loss year.

he won the West with 2 losses. other 2 losses came in SEC CG and a Bowl.

but the fact of the matter is he won the division. recently.
during O's tenure here even.

he's also actually beat his biggest rival. more than once. also done it recently.
and has literally never been shutout by him.

He finished 10-4, that's a 4 loss season. My bad on the winning the SEC. He won the west in a four loss season. 

He averages fewer wins and more losses than O. And yes, his extra 3.5 million per year must be worth it since he beats Alabama every few years, yet can't beat O.

When O has been here 6 years and is averaging 8 wins a year, I'll be carrying the pitchfork. Until then, since it's known he hasn't weakened or imploded the program, I'll wait to see if he can beat Alabama every now and then and I'll be pissed if we're paying him 7 million a year with a 30 million dollar buyout for that unless he's winning the SEC. 

On 3/19/2019 at 12:05 PM, Fishhead said:

Let's talk about this "raise and fat buyout".

Now he's paid about 8th highest in the conference and his buyout drops $250,000/ month to $4.5 million at the end of 2020. This is quite likely the only common sense contract LSU has drawn up in the last 10 years, man.  Do you think he should be paid less than a guy like Pruitt and have a lower buyout? I don't, but that's where he is with this new contract. 

Bottom line, given the comparitives, which absolutely play into any contact negotiations, this is a win for LSU moreso than Orgeron. 

But who was going to come calling to take him away?  Let him earn that raise and buyout - I don't feel he has yet.  

Not necessarily saying any team IS looking at him, but if you think his standing is the same now as it was in 2016, you're wrong. He just took an SECW team to #6 final ranking. I expect a better record this year with Burrow back and most starters back, and a solid recruiting class. 

Archived