Gameday Tigers

Game Topic: LSU vs Ole Landmass ... 10.12.24 ... ABC (6:30pm)

Nutriaitch

Pulled out some Hog's Head Cheese from Don's Country Store in Reserve, LA that I had in my freezer to thaw out for the game.  Bourbon ready so I can course some "Hotty Toddies" through my urinary tract, and looking forward to Saturday Night in Death Valley.

Just wish I could be at the game.

• Like 1

Man the stadium was alive tonight.  My ears are still ringing.  Ole Piss fans started doing their gay hotty toddy cheer during the alma mater and from the get to, the LSU fans were in it. Didn't lead until the final play.  Couldn't think of a better way to beat 'em.  They can fake injuries but they can't fake this big ole fat L courtesy of their daddy L S U !!!

• Like 5

Nootch nailed it with a comment in chat. 

We were seriously wondering if Nuss had trouble seeing at night. Nootch said it was pressure. It was indeed pressure... dude can see lol. 

Offensive line... we can't run the ball but 0 sacks! 

Nuss learned it's legal for him to run himself and that may change his entire career. 

Lacy, we've come to expect it, but way to capture the moment!

Aaron Anderson!! What a game!!

Mason Taylor...first couple catches resulted in like -2 yds. But man did he hit the gas late!

The defense!!!!!

Zy Alexander got the game ball. Deserved.  They should've thrown the game ball on the ground between he and Whit Weeks and they'd still be fighting for it like 2 dogs!!

Kevin Minter wearing #40?? Weeks with 18...EIGHTEEN tackles, and his sack late was a thing of beauty!

Major Burns gets a ton of shyte on here. But at Star, he's far better than 7 and it's because he wants it. Credit him for 110% effort and he had a couple solid games, including last night. 

Swinson... thank you for being a Tiger. 

Stamps... his best game? He's improving along with PJ Woodland.

Tackling in general was VASTLY improved. 

GTHOM!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

Major Burns gets a ton of shyte on here. But at Star, he's far better than 7 and it's because he wants it. Credit him for 110% effort and he had a couple solid games, including last night. 

And no one rags on him more than me.

He had a great game and I hope he makes me look like a fool with my griping about him.

• Like 2

The defense overall had their best game. Baker was animated on the sidelines and I get the feeling that the new system is sinking in. The players now look like they know their assignments and are where they are supposed to be.

So glad they overruled the targeting on Weeks. Dude is the bomb.

• Like 3

another classic in DEATH VALLEY. 

we asked for it in the podcast. said the Ole Girl had to show up, and she did. 
the “Pantheon of Concrete and Steel” turned in a legendary performance. The Type that will be remembered and talked about for years. 

Whit freaking Weeks! 
Dude is an animal. 

Zy Alexander (my Dawg) is separating himself even more from the rest of the secondary. 

Stamps and Woodland both had big moments in the spotlight too. 

and elements that had been missing for way too long now:
Attitude
Nastiness
Meanness

an LSU defense that straight up said “put it on my shoulders, i won’t let you down”

• Like 3

Nuss had a horrible night, no sugarcoating that. 

The pressure seemed to get to him. Both the real physical pressure brought by Ole Miss and the mental pressure of a Top 10 game on Saturday Night in Death Valley. 

But something clicked in the 4th quarter. 
that run and fight for yardage. The TDs he threw on his last 2 pass attempts. 
he calmed down and just did his job. I think (hope) he realized you can’t win the game on every pass. You have to win the play that’s in front of you. Stacking up those wins is what wins the game. 

and now he has etched his name in Tiger Stadium lore with a moment that will not soon be forgotten  

Cannon’s Return
Bert Jones to Brad Davis
Hodson to Fuller
Ro to Robert Royal
Matt Mauck to Skyler Green
Hester’s Drive
Flynn to Byrd
Jeremy Hill vs So Carolina
JD to Mason Taylor
Nuss to Lacy

• Like 1

On 10/13/2024 at 7:02 AM, Fishhead said:

Nootch nailed it with a comment in chat. 

We were seriously wondering if Nuss had trouble seeing at night. Nootch said it was pressure. It was indeed pressure... dude can see lol. 

Offensive line... we can't run the ball but 0 sacks! 

Nuss learned it's legal for him to run himself and that may change his entire career. 

Lacy, we've come to expect it, but way to capture the moment!

Aaron Anderson!! What a game!!

Mason Taylor...first couple catches resulted in like -2 yds. But man did he hit the gas late!

The defense!!!!!

Zy Alexander got the game ball. Deserved.  They should've thrown the game ball on the ground between he and Whit Weeks and they'd still be fighting for it like 2 dogs!!

Kevin Minter wearing #40?? Weeks with 18...EIGHTEEN tackles, and his sack late was a thing of beauty!

Swinson... thank you for being a Tiger. 

Stamps... his best game? He's improving along with PJ Woodland.

Tackling in general was VASTLY improved. 

GTHOM!!!

You forgot to add we got 6 sacks on them

• Like 1