Gameday Tigers

Game Topic: LSU @ Arkansas ... 10/19/24 ... 6:00pm (ESPN)

Nutriaitch

55 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

we won by 3 TDs on the road
held them to only 38 yards rushing (130 yards below their season average)
held them to 200 fewer passing yards than their season average
never was tied or trailed after our 1st possession

And it was ugly! Almost dysfunctional! 

7 hours ago, Big T said:

And it was ugly! Almost dysfunctional! 

it wasn’t perfect by any stretch (especially the false starts), but it was far from dysfunctional. 

QB completed nearly 70% of his passes
100 yards and 3 TDs from your RB
completely shut them down with our Defense. 
won the turnover battle 3-0 
a very efficient 9 for 15 on 3rd downs
scored on all but 3 possessions (and 2 of those 3 we intentionally just blew clock at the end of half)
9 different players caught at least 1 pass
beat them in every single facet of the game
gave up 0 sacks
After the first possession (when math says impossible to be up by more than 1 score), Arkansas took a total of 1 snap on offense in the entire game with a chance to tie/take the lead. ONE  

all on the road in the SEC  

it wasn’t flashy (other than Weeks’ int and and his kick ass celebration of it).

but it was steady, methodical, and completely dominant.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Herb said:

The OL penalties were kind of ridiculous, though.

I kept yelling at the TV begging for a replay.
I'm wondering what the hell was Chester doing, and they never once showed a replay of his penalties.

I'm curious if they were legit flinch type false start, or if maybe we had implemented a silent signal type of movement for the red zone that was getting flagged.

we've seen many other teams use the silent movement (most famously Marcus Pouncey from Florida against us back in the day).
I would have liked to see what was happening on those plays 

• Like 1

Just now, Herb said:

I wonder if Lincoln Riley is waking up the morning feeling like he made a bad Tom Hermanesque decision a few years back?

this should come as no (or at least very little surprise).

he all but admitted he want absolutely no part of the SEC when he ran out west.
and had he known that USC would be jumping into the Big Ten, he likely would have avoided that job too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

I kept yelling at the TV begging for a replay.
I'm wondering what the hell was Chester doing, and they never once showed a replay of his penalties.

I'm curious if they were legit flinch type false start, or if maybe we had implemented a silent signal type of movement for the red zone that was getting flagged.

we've seen many other teams use the silent movement (most famously Marcus Pouncey from Florida against us back in the day).
I would have liked to see what was happening on those plays 

Yeah, it was frustrating that we got zero replays.

It felt to me like R-Kansas asked the officials before the game to look for something that was 'technically' movement and Chester was getting flagged for that (like moving the football before the snap, etc.).  Having said that, it was loud in their stadium and we did see their DL 'shift', causing a flinch by some of our guys.

My hunch is that this will get addressed by Tuesday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herb said:

I wonder if Lincoln Riley is waking up the morning feeling like he made a bad Tom Hermanesque decision a few years back?

Well that's a two way street at this point, the soy latte crowd has had about enough of him:

Last week was Riley's opportunity to record a signature win at USC over a top-five opponent. This week was an opportunity to respond to adversity after blowing (another) late lead in the fourth quarter. They did neither. The Riley era at USC is at an all-time low, and this could be the start of the downfall unless something changes quickly.

Lincoln Riley hits new low -- and, perhaps, hot seat -- with USC's ugly blown-lead loss at Maryland

USC dropped to 1-4 in Big Ten play with a 29-28 loss to Maryland

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lincoln-riley-hits-new-low-and-perhaps-hot-seat-with-uscs-ugly-blown-lead-loss-at-maryland/

• Like 1