Gameday Tigers

2020 NFL Draft, LSU Players

LSUDad

2 hours ago, Herb said:

There is a reason teams stay at the bottom and pick at the top of the draft order, this is one of those reasons. The fans wonder why they never get anywhere, most folks know. But as long as they sell tickets. The front office and owners are happy. 

28 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Carolina is sitting there in the #7 spot. Pretty sure the Cam era may be over there.  Would be an epic "get" for them if they could work out a deal with the Bengals and get the first pick.

What the Bengals would want for the top pick, wow, that would be fun to see. Somehow, they could screw that one up. But I will say this, they have done better with filling out their OL, who knows, they might have figured this thing out? 

• Like 1

Four Tigers in Mobile for Senior Bowl

Story Links

BATON ROUGE – Four members of LSU's national championship football team are in Mobile, Ala., this week as they will take part in the Senior Bowl, which is the premier college football all-star game.

LSU will be represented in Saturday's game by center Lloyd Cushenberry, offensive guard Damien Lewis, long snapper Blake Fergusonand wide receiver/tight end Stephen Sullivan.

Kickoff for the contest, which is played at Ladd-Peebles Stadium, is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. and will be televised on the NFL Network.

Cushenberry, a second team All-America selection and a December graduate from LSU, started 28 straight games over his final two seasons leading the Tigers to a 25-3 mark over that span.

Lewis, who spent two years with the Tigers after transferring from the junior college ranks, started all 28 games of his career at right guard alongside Cushenberry. The Cushenberry-Lewis duo helped pave the way for the most successful offensive season in LSU history as the Tigers set numerous school records in leading the nation in scoring (48.4) and total offense (568.4) in 2019.

Sullivan caught 12 passes for 130 yards as a senior in 2019, splitting time as a tight end and wide receiver for the Tigers. He capped his career with 46 receptions for 712 yards and three touchdowns. He graduated from LSU in August of 2019, becoming the first person in his immediate family to earn a college degree.

Ferguson, one of the most decorated student-athletes in LSU football history, earned two degrees from LSU – a bachelor's degree in marketing followed by a Master's in business administration. He was twice named a permanent team captain and was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll four times during his career.

He capped his career by playing in 53 consecutive games.

PLAYERS MENTIONED

#48 Blake Ferguson

SNP   6' 3"   235 lbs   Senior

#68 Damien Lewis

OG   6' 3"   332 lbs   Senior

#10 Stephen Sullivan

TE   6' 5"   242 lbs   Senior

HulaBowl

Football 1/23/2020 11:30:00 AM Michael Bonnette (@LSUBonnette)

Three Tigers to Play in Hula Bowl

Story Links

BATON ROUGE – Three members of LSU's national championship football team – Adrian MageeBreiden Fehoko and Badara Traore – will take part in the Hula Bowl in Honolulu on Sunday.

Kickoff for the 74th annual Hula Bowl All-Star game is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. CT and will be televised on the CBS Sports Network.

Fehoko, a native of Honolulu, played two years at LSU and finished his career with 33 tackles, 9.0 tackles for loss and a pair of sacks. He started four games for the Tigers during their national championship season in 2019 and recorded 17 tackles, including 6.0 for losses.

Magee started all 15 games on the offensive line for LSU in 2019, helping pave the way for the most explosive offense in college football. Magee was part of a unit that won the Joe Moore Award in 2019 as the best offensive line in college football. He was also a second team All-SEC selection.

Traore, who played two years with the Tigers after transferring from ASA College in Brooklyn, N.Y., played in 13 games with three starts in 2019.

All three players earned their degrees from LSU. Fehoko graduated in August with a degree in communications, while Magee and Traore both graduated in December with degrees in interdisciplinary studies.

PLAYERS MENTIONED

#91 Breiden Fehoko

DL   6' 2"   291 lbs   Senior

#73 Adrian Magee

OL   6' 4"   343 lbs   Senior

#74 Badara Traore

OT   6' 7"   320 lbs   Senior

4 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Carolina is sitting there in the #7 spot. Pretty sure the Cam era may be over there.  Would be an epic "get" for them if they could work out a deal with the Bengals and get the first pick.

I've seen speculation that the Panthers want to try to cut a deal to move up and get Burrow. That would involve packaging Cam and multiple day one picks over two or more drafts to make that happen.

Burrow and Brady are a known pairing with proven results.

LSU's Stephen Sullivan aims to spread his 7-foot-1 wings at the Senior Bowl

cfpclemsonlsu.011420 HS 5314.jpg

LSU tight end Stephen Sullivan (10) reacts on the field as confetti falls following LSU's 42-25 win over Clemson in the National Championship, Monday, January 13, 2020, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La.

STAFF PHOTO BY HILARY SCHEINUK

MOBILE, Ala. — Stephen Sullivan quite literally didn't know how far he could spread his wings until he left college.

On Tuesday, the former LSU tight end and wide receiver lifted his arms inside the Mobile Convention Center, a Senior Bowl assistant measured Sullivan from middle finger to middle finger, and the auditorium full of NFL scouts and coaches clicked their pens and jotted down the number.

Wingspan: 85⅛ inches.

This 6-foot-5 receiver had a 7-foot-1 arm span — enough of a difference to make Leonardo da Vinci's symmetrical Vitruvian Man seem like a completely inaccurate theory.

"When they measured it, I was just as shocked as they were," Sullivan said. "I think it's definitely a big advantage for me, and I plan on taking advantage of it."

How big of an advantage is it?

For reference, former Ole Miss wide receiver DK Metcalf set an unofficial NFL combine record for wide receivers last year with a recorded wingspan of 82⅞ inches. 

Add about three more inches, and you've got Sullivan.

Suddenly a play like his 2018 Hail Mary touchdown catch against Louisiana Tech right before halftime starts to make more sense.

The wingspan explains more of why LSU coaches viewed Sullivan as a versatile receiver, someone who could create mismatches both as a tight end on the inside and a wide receiver spread to the sideline.

It explains why, even with his limited production — 12 catches for 130 yards this season — NFL teams are taking a close look at whether they'll spend a draft pick on him.

The Cincinnati Bengals are coaching the Sullivan's Senior Bowl "South" team, and tight end coach James Casey said such a wingspan can be a substantial advantage.

"I've got like the shortest wingspan in tight end history," said Casey, who played seven NFL seasons with the Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos. "I went to the combine myself, and everything was going pretty good until they measured my arm length. Then my draft stock plummeted because I got really short arms."

Casey held out an arm.

"I don't know what they are, but they're tiny," he said. "My wife always jokes with me because her arms are almost as long as mine."

There's "not a ton of guys like (Sullivan) walking around the planet," Casey said. If you're as tall as he is, can run like he does and combine it with "the mindset and the intelligence and all the other stuff, shoot, you can turn yourself into a really good NFL player."

In short, Sullivan has the goods; he just has to win over NFL evaluators this week, during the lead-up to Saturday's Senior Bowl, performing against other tight ends like Cincinnati's Josiah Deguara and Vanderbilt's Jared Pinkney.

Sullivan had to break out within his own talent-rich roster at LSU while adapting across his team's changing needs.

The school's record-breaking offense spread the ball among its dangerous wide receiver trio — Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall — that combined for nearly 4,000 yards and 51 touchdowns.

Tight end Thaddeus Moss started in 14 games, recorded 47 catches for 570 yards and four touchdowns, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire set the school record for running backs with 55 catches for 453 yards and a touchdown.

Sullivan began the season as a tight end, a dynamic mismatch who could replicate some of the things former Saints tight end Jimmy Graham did while passing game coordinator Joe Brady was an offensive assistant in New Orleans.

Orgeron joked in the preseason that "our tight end is not an offensive tackle anymore," that he wanted "some athletes in that position that can stretch the field and give the defense some problems."

Sullivan had seven catches for 99 yards as a tight end through four games. Then Marshall fractured his foot against Vanderbilt, and Sullivan said Brady asked him to rotate back to wide receiver. He remained there even after Marshall returned after four games.

"We just went from there," Sullivan said. "When Terrace got back, I stayed over there. Whenever he needed a break or if he got hurt again, I was right there to back him up. Every time he scored a touchdown, I was right there waiting for him."

Sullivan had five catches for 32 yards the remainder of the season. He said he got his "best spots at tight end" while at LSU, and that's the position NFL teams are expecting him to play.

His skill set and size bode well for a league with diverse schemes, perhaps most defined in the Super Bowl battle between the old-school pro-style offense of the San Francisco 49ers and the new-age spread of the Kansas City Chiefs.

"I feel like I fit well now," Sullivan said of today's NFL. "They have a lot of flex tight ends that could play receiver, that could go into the slot, play wide, go into the wing, whatever, and just get open, man, just find those mismatches. That's what I feel like I can be in the league."

He'll have to show he can put his hand in the ground and block defenders while at the Senior Bowl. "Not that he can't block," Casey said, but that's probably what most evaluators want to see more from Sullivan.

Sullivan ran through blocking drills in Tuesday's practice, and Casey said he was impressed by how he came off the ball, how he didn't shy away from contact and executed pass-blocking schemes like backside cutoffs.

The technique needs some cleaning up, Casey said, but that can be coached up. The rest is already there, and it just may be enough for Sullivan to get a chance to spread those 7-foot-1 wings.

"He looks phenomenal," Casey said. "When you just look at him as a person, you're like, 'Jeez. That guy looks like he can be the guy for sure.' So, if he can show some of these other things, the blocking stuff and all the other stuff, the sky's the limit for guys who have that kind of ability."

• Like 2

image.png.0d62b40629c70ecb4856277789eaa796.png

Only 32 NFL long-snapping jobs exist. LSU's Blake Ferguson is determined to get one

cfpclemsonlsu.011420 HS 1599.JPG

LSU snapper Blake Ferguson (48) celebrates after holding Clemson to the four yard line on a punt in the first half between LSU and Clemson in the National Championship, Monday, January 13, 2020, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La.

STAFF PHOTO BY HILARY

MOBILE, Ala. — The next phase of Blake Ferguson’s football life boils down to one simple truth: If he wants a job at the next level, he is going to have to wrestle it from another man’s hands.

Ferguson spent the past five years honing his incredibly niche craft as the long-snapper at LSU. He is, in many ways, better prepared for this week’s professional audition at the Senior Bowl than most in his shoes, considering his older brother, former LSU snapper Reid Ferguson, was doing this same thing just four years ago.

That is why he has no illusions about how difficult this next step is going to be. To be an NFL long-snapper is to hold one of just 32 such positions in the world.

“For me it’s probably 31 being that I have an older brother (who long snaps for the Buffalo Bills),” Blake joked. “That might make Thanksgiving dinner a little awkward.”

Blake is already among a select number. He was one of two snappers to earn an invite to the Senior Bowl this week in Mobile, giving him a bit of leg up on the other snappers who are trying to beat long odds at training camps this July and August.

Earning an invite to the Senior Bowl was one of four goals the younger Ferguson established for himself at the outset of this latest season. He crossed off two others — win a Southeastern Conference championship and a national championship — during LSU’s remarkable 2019 run. The last one awaiting a check in the box is to hear his name called during the 2020 NFL draft.

It would be an impressive accomplishment in itself if a team drafted Ferguson. Each of the last five drafts has featured just one snapper being selected.

“We have what we call a sniper mentality: It’s one shot, one kill, and a lot of times you fly under the radar,” Blake said. “But at this position, not many guys get drafted, and that’s something I knew going in. All I want is an opportunity.”

But whether Blake is a draft pick or goes the more traditional route as an undrafted free agent, that simple truth almost certainly awaits him if and when he receives that coveted opportunity: To make it, he’ll have to beat a more established player.

“Those guys have roots in those cities, they’ve lived there, they’ve put a lot of time, effort, blood, sweat and tears into their jobs and into their teams, and they’re not going to let it go lightly,” Reid said. ”It’s something you have to realize and understand that when you’re put into that position, you have to take advantage of it, because they don’t come around often.”

The elder Ferguson knows the drill. He signed with the Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2016, but did not make the team out of training camp. But he made an impression, re-signed to the Buffalo practice squad later in the year and won the job in 2017. Last January, he signed a three-year contract extension.

Blake considers himself fortunate to have his brother as a resource, quite literally at his fingertips. The two talk virtually every day by text and phone calls. Most of their conversation centers around the finer points of playing a unique position, but lately big brother has also been sharing advice for how to transition to the professional game.

“That’s something I’m using to my advantage, knowing that he can answer most, if not all, of the questions that I have,” Blake said.

Of course, Blake has the largest say in his path to an NFL team.

His week in Mobile for the Senior Bowl is the first of many layers of auditions in front of NFL talent evaluators. There will also be LSU’s well-attended annual pro day as well as a potential NFL scouting combine invite, as well.

Wanting to stand out in front of those scouts and coaches almost goes against the long-snapper ethos. In general, the goal of the position is to achieve a degree of anonymity, because that means everything is going as it should. But the typical pressure to get every snap right, every time, might be helpful in this setting.

“Every snap matters,” Blake said. “It’s one thing I was talking about with my dad: Every snap is an interview. I don’t take that lightly. Every time I go out on the field, I try to be as perfect as I can.”

It’s not just the snaps that should have Blake on the radar of NFL scouts, Reid said. He should get a chance to show that this week, too.

“His athletic ability after the snap is something that really plays into his favor,” Reid said. “One of the big things NFL teams are going to look at this week, and in the future when they’re looking to bring him in, is his ability to be a factor in coverage after the snap and after taking care of his blocking assignment.”

He hopes the skill he shows this week propels him toward getting a shot to show what he can do during an NFL training camp, where he’ll meet the man whose job he will try to take.

This is a difficult thing he’s trying to do, so he’s been studying, too. He’s been putting together a list, ranking teams 1-32 based on their need for a new snapper. One thing Reid has told him is that a big part of him earning a spot is about timing, finding a team whose needs align with his entry into the NFL.

Blake’s homework has fueled his belief there will be an opportunity for him somewhere. The rest is up to him.

“I’m willing to go anywhere,” Blake said. “I’ll go to Europe if I have to. I just want to keep playing, I enjoy the game too much.”

image.png

image.png

2020 NFL Draft underclassmen: Players leaving early for NFL

• by Chance Linton
  • Jan 21, 4:53 PM
9603059.jpg

College football season is officially in the books and the leadup to the NFL Draft is underway. On Tuesday, the National Football League released its official list of 99 college underclassmen who have been granted special eligibility for the 2020 NFL Draft.

In addition to those 99 players, there were 16 more underclassmen who notified the league they have fulfilled their degree requirements, making them eligible for selection. There were also five players who declared that are eligible without the need for special eligibility. The deadline for college underclassmen to declare for the draft was Jan. 17.

Last year, there were 135 underclassmen who declared early for the NFL Draft, including 103 players who were granted special eligibility and 32 players who had college eligibility remaining but notified the league that they fulfilled their degree requirements.

Nineteen underclassmen were selected in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft, including 11 of the top 12 overall picks, while 44 underclassmen went undrafted.

The 2020 NFL Draft will be held in Las Vegas from April 23-25. The first round will take place on April 23, followed by the second and third rounds on April 24 before concluding with the final four rounds on April 25.

Below is a full list of college underclassmen who have declared for the 2020 NFL Draft along with their respective 247Sports Composite recruiting rankings, listed in alphabetical order. Notable players who are returning to school are listed at the bottom of the page.

2020 NFL Draft early entrants

*-notified the league office that they have fulfilled their degree requirements.
**-eligible without the need for special eligibility.

Salvon Ahmed | RB | Jr. | Washington
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9476 | No. 2 ATH | 2017

Cam Akers | RB | Jr. | Florida State
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9984 | No. 2 RB | 2017

Grayland Arnold | S | R-Jr. | Baylor
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8703 | No. 47 CB | 2016

Devin Asiasi | TE | R-Jr. | UCLA
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9633 | No. 3 TE | 2016

Trajan Bandy | CB | Jr. | Miami
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9136 | No. 30 CB | 2017

Mekhi Becton | OT | Jr. | Louisville
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8807 | No. 43 OT | 2017

Eno Benjamin* | RB | Jr. | Arizona State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9400 | No. 6 RB | 2017

Oluwole Betiku Jr.* | DE | R-Jr. | Illinois
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9884 | No. 1 WDE | 2016

Tyler Biadasz | OC | R-Jr. | Wisconsin
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8405 | No. 52 SDE | 2016

Ross Blacklock | DT | R-Jr. | TCU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9094 | No. 25 DT | 2016

Lynn Bowden Jr. | WR | Jr. | Kentucky
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9307 | No. 4 ATH | 2017

Marcus Brown | LB | Jr. | Missouri Western
247Sports Composite: N/A

Hunter Bryant | TE | Jr. | Washington
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9321 | No. 5 TE | 2017

Quintez Cephus | WR | R-Jr. | Wisconsin
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8557 | No. 110 WR | 2016

K'Lavon Chaisson | OLB | R-Soph. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9821 | No. 4 WDE | 2017

Saahdiq Charles | OT | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9038 | No. 18 OG | 2017

Ezra Cleveland | OT | R-Jr. | Boise State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8113 | No. 111 DT | 2016

Nick Coe | DE | R-Jr. | Auburn
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9034 | No. 13 SDE | 2016

Trystan Colon-Castillo | C | R-Jr. | Missouri
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8446 | No. 8 OC | 2016

Isaiah Coulter | WR | Jr. | Rhode Island

Kamren Curl | S | Jr. | Arkansas
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8615 | No. 43 ATH | 2017

Lloyd Cushenberry* | OC | R-Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8238 | No. 82 OG | 2016

DeeJay Dallas | RB | Jr. | Miami
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9062 | No. 12 ATH | 2017

Cameron Dantzler | CB | R-Jr. | Mississippi State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8531 | No. 53 ATH | 2016

Gabriel Davis | WR | Jr. | UCF
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8097 | No. 268 WR | 2017

Quartney Davis* | WR | R-Jr. | Texas A&M
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9422 | No. 23 WR | 2016

Kyle Davis | WR | R-Jr. | Florida Atlantic
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9641 | No. 10 WR | 2016

Grant Delpit | S | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9679 | No. 9 S | 2017

AJ Dillon | RB | Jr. | Boston College
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8803 | No. 24 ATH | 2017

J.K. Dobbins | RB | Jr. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9791 | No. 2 APB | 2017

Jacob Eason | QB | R-Jr. | Washington
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9975 | No. 2 PRO | 2016

Clyde Edwards-Helaire | RB | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8845 | No. 5 APB | 2017

Jordan Elliott | DT | R-Jr. | Missouri
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9453 | No. 15 DT | 2016

A.J. Epenesa | DE | Jr. | Iowa
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9868 | No. 1 SDE | 2017

Darrynton Evans | RB | R-Jr. | Appalachian State
247Sports Composite: 2-star | 0.7519 | No. 282 S | 2016

Jake Fromm | QB | Jr. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9794 | No. 3 PRO | 2017

Jonathan Garvin | DE | Jr. | Miami
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9035 | No. 10 SDE | 2017

Willie Gay Jr. | LB | Jr. | Mississippi State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9670 | No. 3 OLB | 2017

Alohi Gilman* | S | R-Jr. | Notre Dame

Yetur Gross-Matos | DE | Jr. | Penn State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9223 | No. 5 SDE | 2017

Pete Guerriero | RB | R-Jr. | Monmouth

Javelin Guidry | CB | Jr. | Utah
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8702 | No. 46 CB | 2017

KJ Hamler | WR | R-Soph. | Penn State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8919 | No. 47 WR | 2017

Harrison Hand | CB | Jr. | Temple
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8670 | No. 51 CB | 2017

CJ Henderson | CB | Jr. | Florida
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9378 | No. 16 CB | 2017

Matt Hennessy* | OC | R-Jr. | Temple
247Sports Composite: 2-star | 0.7931 | No. 181 OT | 2016

Tee Higgins | WR | Jr. | Clemson
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9900 | No. 2 WR | 2017

Isaiah Hodgins | WR | Jr. | Oregon State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8995 | No. 38 WR | 2017

Darnay Holmes* | CB | Jr. | UCLA
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9879 | No. 3 CB | 2017

Noah Igbinoghene | CB | Jr. | Auburn
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8969 | No. 39 WR | 2017

Keith Ismael* | OC | R-Jr. | San Diego State
247Sports Composite: 2-star | 0.7667 | No. 250 OT | 2016

Austin Jackson | OT | Jr. | USC
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9830 | No. 8 OT | 2017

Trishton Jackson | WR | R-Jr. | Syracuse
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9134 | No. 44 WR | 2016

Justin Jefferson | WR | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.7982 | No. 308 WR | 2017

Jerry Jeudy | WR | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9881 | No. 3 WR | 2017

Jaylon Johnson* | CB | Jr. | Utah
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9619 | No. 9 CB | 2017

Tony Jones Jr.* | RB | R-Jr. | Notre Dame
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8926 | No. 14 RB | 2016

Dalton Keene | TE | Jr. | Virginia Tech
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8665 | No. 37 ATH | 2017

Solomon Kindley | OG | R-Jr. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8408 | No. 89 OT | 2016

Cole Kmet | TE | Jr. | Notre Dame
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9609 | No. 3 TE | 2017

CeeDee Lamb | WR | Jr. | Oklahoma
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9358 | No. 24 WR | 2017

Javon Leake | RB | Jr. | Maryland
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8715 | No. 7 APB | 2017

Terrell Lewis* | OLB | R-Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9671 | No. 6 WDE | 2016

Jordan Love* | QB | R-Jr. | Utah State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8191 | No. 70 PRO | 2016

Elorm Lumor* | DE | R-Jr. | Rutgers
247Sports Composite (PREP): 3-star | 0.8478 | No. 1 OLB | 2016

James Lynch | DT | Jr. | Baylor
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8610 | No. 47 DT | 2017

Justin Madubuike | DT | R-Jr. | Texas A&M
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9726 | No. 5 SDE | 2016

Deshawn McClease** | RB | R-Jr. | Virginia Tech
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8711 | No. 41 RB | 2015

Cole McDonald | QB | R-Jr. | Hawaii
247Sports Composite: 2-star | 0.7924 | No. 99 PRO | 2016

Anthony McFarland Jr. | RB | R-Soph. | Maryland
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9537 | No. 3 APB | 2017

Xavier McKinney | S | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9723 | No. 6 S | 2017

Houston Miller* | DE | R-Jr. | Texas Tech
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8486 | No. 60 WDE | 2016

Thaddeus Moss | TE | R-Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8804 | No. 17 TE | 2016

Kenneth Murray* | LB | Jr. | Oklahoma
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8771 | No. 23 OLB | 2017

Netane Muti | OG | R-Jr. | Fresno State
247Sports Composite: 2-star | 0.7781 | No. 167 DT | 2016

Tomas Newman | DB | Jr. | Virginia-Lynchburg

Jeff Okudah | CB | Jr. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9955 | No. 1 CB | 2017

Albert Okwuegbunam | TE | R-Jr. | Missouri
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8609 | No. 30 TE | 2016

Colby Parkinson | TE | Jr. | Stanford
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9826 | No. 1 TE | 2017

Donovan Peoples-Jones | WR | Jr. | Michigan
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9925 | No. 1 WR | 2017

Jacob Phillips | LB | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9719 | No. 1 ILB | 2017

James Pierre | CB | Jr. | Florida Atlantic
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8558 | No. 47 S | 2016

Patrick Queen | LB | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8955 | No. 17 ATH | 2017

Jalen Reagor | WR | Jr. | TCU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9566 | No. 13 WR | 2017

Debione Renfro | CB | Jr. | Texas A&M
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8221 | No. 117 S | 2017

Amik Robertson | CB | Jr. | Louisiana Tech
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8448 | No. 108 CB | 2017

Kenny Robinson | S | Jr. | West Virginia
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8516 | No. 60 ATH | 2017

Kendrick Rogers | WR | R-Jr. | Texas A&M
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8731 | No. 78 WR | 2016

Henry Ruggs III | WR | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9640 | No. 11 WR | 2017

Cesar Ruiz | OC | Jr. | Michigan
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9786 | No. 1 OC | 2017

Darnell Salomon | WR | R-Jr. | South Florida
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9005 | No. 55 WR | 2016

Stanford Samuels III | CB | Jr. | Florida State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9820 | No. 4 CB | 2017

Josiah Scott | CB | Jr. | Michigan State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8462 | No. 104 CB | 2017

Laviska Shenault Jr. | WR | Jr. | Colorado
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8701 | No. 73 WR | 2017

Isaiah Simmons* | LB | R-Jr. | Clemson
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8746 | No. 25 S | 2016

Arryn Siposs | P | Jr. | Auburn
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8161 | No. 6 P | 2018

Geno Stone | S | Jr. | Iowa
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.7991 | No. 164 S | 2017

Carlos Strickland** | WR | R-Jr. | UTSA
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9291 | No. 19 WR | 2015

D'Andre Swift | RB | Jr. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9838 | No. 4 RB | 2017

Tua Tagovailoa | QB | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9843 | No. 1 DUAL | 2017

JJ Taylor** | RB | R-Jr. | Arizona
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8396 | No. 21 APB | 2016

Jonathan Taylor | RB | Jr. | Wisconsin
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8854 | No. 24 RB | 2017

Tabyus Taylor | RB | Jr. | Virginia Union
247Sports Composite (PREP): 3-star | 0.8467 | No. 2 ATH | 2015

A.J. Terrell | CB | Jr. | Clemson
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9745 | No. 6 CB | 2017

Andrew Thomas | OT | Jr. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9791 | No. 9 OT | 2017

Jeff Thomas | WR | Jr. | Miami
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9807 | No. 5 WR | 2017

Michael Turk | P | R-Jr. | Arizona State

Josh Uche** | LB | R-Jr. | Michigan
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8558 | No. 43 WDE | 2016

Michael Warren II | RB | Jr. | Cincinnati
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8707 | No. 29 RB | 2017

Quez Watkins | WR | R-Jr. | Southern Miss
247Sports Composite: 2-star | 0.7924 | No. 315 WR | 2016

Curtis Weaver | DE | R-Jr. | Boise State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8385 | No. 54 SDE | 2016

Cody White | WR | Jr. | Michigan State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8847 | No. 56 WR | 2017

Ty'Son Williams** | RB | R-Jr. | BYU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9024 | No. 21 RB | 2015

Jedrick Wills | OT | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9831 | No. 7 OT | 2017

Isaiah Wilson | OT | R-Soph. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9904 | No. 5 OT | 2017

Antoine Winfield Jr. | S | R-Soph. | Minnesota
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8285 | No. 128 CB | 2016

Tristan Wirfs | OT | Jr. | Iowa
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8911 | No. 33 OT | 2017

David Woodward | LB | R-Jr. | Utah State
247Sports Composite: 2-star | 0.7667 | No. 239 S | 2016

Chase Young | DE | Jr. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9957 | No. 2 WDE | 2017

Toren Young | RB | R-Jr. | Iowa
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8169 | No. 113 RB | 2016

9603059.jpg

Returning to school

Paulson Adebo | CB | Jr. | Stanford
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9482 | No. 14 CB | 2017

Jack Anderson | OT | Jr. | Texas Tech
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9628 | No. 4 OG | 2017

Jhamon Ausbon | WR | Jr. | Texas A&M
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9648 | No. 10 WR | 2017

Carlos Basham | DE | R-Jr. | Wake Forest
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8161 | No. 97 WDE | 2016

Quinton Bohanna | DT | Jr. | Kentucky
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8422 | No. 69 DT | 2017

Rakeem Boyd | RB | Jr. | Arkansas
247Sports Composite (JUCO): 3-star | 0.8467 | No. 6 RB | 2018

K.J. Britt | LB | Jr. | Auburn
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8951 | No. 15 ILB | 2017

Baron Browning | LB | Jr. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9940 | No. 1 OLB | 2017

Big Kat Bryant | DE | Jr. | Auburn
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9238 | No. 14 WDE | 2017

Richard Burney | DE | R-Sr. | Virginia
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8168 | No. 63 TE | 2015

Matt Bushman | TE | Jr. | BYU
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8518 | No. 35 TE | 2014

Michael Carter | RB | Jr. | North Carolina
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8772 | No. 6 APB | 2017

Nico Collins | WR | Jr. | Michigan
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9378 | No. 23 WR | 2017

Samuel Cosmi | OT | R-Soph. | Texas
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8396 | No. 104 OT | 2017

Damonte Coxie | WR | R-Jr. | Memphis
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8624 | No. 92 WR | 2016

Shaun Crawford | CB | R-Sr. | Notre Dame
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9484 | No. 14 CB | 2015

Wyatt Davis | OG | R-Soph. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9876 | No. 1 OG | 2017

Sam Ehlinger | QB | Jr. | Texas
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9446 | No. 4 DUAL | 2017

Liam Eichenberg | OT | R-Jr. | Notre Dame
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9614 | No. 7 OT | 2016

Travis Etienne | RB | Jr. | Clemson
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9171 | No. 15 RB | 2017

Austin Faoliu | DT | Jr. | Oregon
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8509 | No. 58 DT | 2017

Caleb Farley | CB | R-Soph. | Virginia Tech
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8781 | No. 27 ATH | 2017

Pat Freiermuth | TE | Soph. | Penn State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9149 | No. 9 TE | 2018

Thomas Graham Jr. | CB | Jr. | Oregon
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9604 | No. 11 CB | 2017

Trevon Grimes | WR | Jr. | Florida
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9806 | No. 6 WR | 2017

Damar Hamlin | S | R-Jr. | Pittsburgh
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9327 | No. 14 CB | 2016

Najee Harris | RB | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9984 | No. 1 RB | 2017

Malik Herring | DE | Jr. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9345 | No. 4 SDE | 2017

Kylin Hill | RB | Jr. | Mississippi State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9184 | No. 14 RB | 2017

Chuba Hubbard | RB | R-Soph. | Oklahoma State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8868 | No. 23 RB | 2017

Creed Humphrey | OC | R-Soph. | Oklahoma
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8962 | No. 3 OC | 2017

Drake Jackson | OC | R-Jr. | Kentucky
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9371 | No. 2 OC | 2016

Charlie Kolar | TE | R-Soph. | Iowa State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8362 | No. 57 TE | 2017

Alex Leatherwood | OT | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9981 | No. 1 OT | 2017

Richard LeCounte III | S | Jr. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9876 | No. 2 S | 2017

Deommodore Lenoir | CB | Jr. | Oregon
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9697 | No. 7 CB | 2017

Walker Little | OT | Jr. | Stanford
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9952 | No. 3 OT | 2017

Elijah Molden | S | Jr. | Washington
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9253 | No. 23 CB | 2017

Dylan Moses | LB | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9922 | No. 2 OLB | 2017

Thayer Munford | OT | Jr. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8985 | No. 28 OT | 2017

Josh Myers | OC | R-Soph. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9757 | No. 2 OG | 2017

Lorenzo Neal | DT | R-Jr. | Purdue
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8109 | No. 112 DT | 2016

Dazz Newsome | WR | Jr. | North Carolina
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8429 | No. 70 ATH | 2017

K.D. Nixon | WR | Jr. | Colorado
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8931 | No. 43 WR | 2017

Levi Onwuzurike | DT | R-Jr. | Washington
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8997 | No. 23 WDE | 2016

Kwity Paye | DE | Jr. | Michigan
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8696 | No. 29 WDE | 2017

Whop Philyor | WR | Jr. | Indiana
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8281 | No. 199 WR | 2017

Nyles Pinckney | DT | R-Jr. | Clemson
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8920 | No. 34 DT | 2016

Hamilcar Rashed Jr. | OLB | R-Jr. | Oregon State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8543 | No. 48 WDE | 2016

Monty Rice | LB | Jr. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8906 | No. 18 ILB | 2017

Reggie Roberson | WR | Jr. | SMU
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8524 | No. 112 WR | 2017

AJ Rose | RB | R-Jr. | Kentucky
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8393 | No. 85 ATH | 2016

Jordon Scott | DT | Jr. | Oregon
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8484 | No. 62 DT | 2017

Tyler Shelvin | DT | R-Soph. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9754 | No. 4 DT | 2017

DeVonta Smith | WR | Jr. | Alabama
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9717 | No. 9 WR | 2017

Trey Smith | OG | Jr. | Tennessee
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9920 | No. 4 OT | 2017

JaCoby Stevens | S | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9901 | No. 1 S | 2017

Marquez Stevenson | WR | R-Jr. | Houston
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8559 | No. 109 WR | 2016

Darius Stills | DT | Jr. | West Virginia
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8249 | No. 90 DT | 2017

Eric Stokes | CB | R-Soph. | Georgia
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8578 | No. 63 CB | 2017

Chazz Surratt | LB | R-Jr. | North Carolina
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8777 | No. 11 DUAL | 2016

Sage Surratt | WR | R-Soph. | Wake Forest
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8372 | No. 164 WR | 2017

Tamorrion Terry | WR | R-Soph. | Florida State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8883 | No. 52 WR | 2017

Erroll Thompson Jr. | LB | R-Jr. | Mississippi State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8807 | No. 13 ILB | 2016

Jay Tufele | DT | R-Soph. | USC
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9817 | No. 3 DT | 2017

T.J. Vasher | WR | R-Jr. | Texas Tech
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.8919 | No. 58 WR | 2016

Tyler Vaughns | WR | R-Jr. | USC
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9816 | No. 2 WR | 2016

Alijah Vera-Tucker | OG | R-Soph. | USC
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9463 | No. 14 OT | 2017

CJ Verdell | RB | R-Soph. | Oregon
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8752 | No. 27 RB | 2017

Kary Vincent Jr. | S | Jr. | LSU
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9567 | No. 13 CB | 2017

Shaun Wade | CB | R-Soph. | Ohio State
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9904 | No. 2 CB | 2017

Tylan Wallace | WR | Jr. | Oklahoma State
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9442 | No. 17 WR | 2017

Rodarius Williams | CB | R-Jr. | Oklahoma State
247Sports Composite: 3-star | 0.8529 | No. 70 CB | 2016

Marco Wilson | CB | R-Soph. | Florida
247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9249 | No. 25 CB | 2017

Marvin Wilson | DT | Jr. | Florida State
247Sports Composite: 5-star | 0.9958 | No. 1 DT | 2017

• Like 1

I agree with everyone leaving and those staying, except one that I don't quite understand, and that is JaCoby Stevens.  He's a Jr. and he's staying.  Thank you JaCoby, but I think the guy is NFL ready now IMO.  If its just football, he should go to the league.  But, if its other things keeping him at LSU, then more power to him.  Maybe he wants to complete his degree and set himself up for a career after football is over.  That is an outstanding goal.  I met Rodney Reed in Houston, he was working for a big accounting firm and they were auditing the company I worked for.  I talked with him once for about 10 minutes, most enjoyable.  He did not play in the NFL, said he went to a summer camp, but for the salary he would earn and the work he would put in, he thought it best to get on with his life.  Maybe that is what JaCoby has in mind.  Maybe his parents are advising him to get that degree now while he has all the support of the athletic dept.  I'm glad he's staying, but I think he could make a team if he left now.  I like JaCoby when I see him interviewed, he's on the quiet side, humble, respectful, thoughtful.

• Like 3

I've seen several articles about player who "opted not to declare" for the draft and are returning to school, but they have players listed in their articles like JaMar Chase and Trevor Lawrence, who were not eligible to declare.

Misleading journalism, IMHO.

• Like 1

Updated: Jan. 22, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.

Daniel Jeremiah 2020 NFL mock draft 1.0: Four QBs in top 15

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  whatsapp_icon.svg  
Print

The NFL has released the list of underclassmenthat have been granted early entry to the 2020 NFL Draft, ushering in the official start to Mock Draft season! With 93 days until Round 1 kicks off in Las Vegas, here's my first look at how the first 32 picks of the 2020 draft class could play out.

NOTE: The final draft order may change depending on the outcome of Super Bowl LIV.

PICK

CIN.png

Joe Burrow - QB

School: LSU | Year: Senior (RS) 

Burrow doesn't have elite arm strength, but he checks every other box, and he's a beautiful fit in the Bengals' offense.

PICK

WAS.png

Chase Young - Edge

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior 

The Redskins already have some talented pieces on the defensive line, but Young is a once-in-a-decade talent.

PICK

DET.png

Jeff Okudah - CB

Detroit could easily auction off this slot to those teams in search of a quarterback. If the Lionsstick and pick, Okudah would provide a much-needed upgrade in their secondary.

PICK

NYG.png

Mekhi Becton - OT

School: Louisville | Year: Junior 

Dave Gettleman loves big, physical football players, and they don't get any bigger than Becton (listed at 6-foot-7, 369 pounds). He is a mauler in the run game, and he's shockingly nimble in pass protection.

PICK

MIA.png

Tua Tagovailoa - QB

School: Alabama | Year: Junior 

Tua does come with durability concerns, but it's a risk worth taking for the QB-starved Dolphins. He can sit behind Ryan Fitzpatrick for a season while he recovers from hip surgery.

PICK

LAC.png

Jedrick Wills - OT

The Chargers are in the QB market, but they also have a desperate need to upgrade the OL. Wills is a rock-solid player, and he'll start from Day 1 at right tackle for the Bolts.

PICK

CAR.png

Derrick Brown - DT

School: Auburn | Year: Senior 

Matt Rhule will be given the time to build this team the right way, and that starts with upgrading in the trenches. Brown is one of the top three or four talents in this draft class.

PICK

ARI.png

Tristan Wirfs - OG

School: Iowa | Year: Junior 

The Cardinals need to protect their investment in Kyler Murray. Some believe Wirfs will stay at tackle in the NFL, but I see him as an All-Pro-caliber guard at the next level.

PICK

JAC.png

Isaiah Simmons - S

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) 

Pairing Simmons with last year's first-round pick, Josh Allen, will give the Jaguars two elite defensive athletes to build around. He can play linebacker or safety.

PICK

CLE.png

Andrew Thomas - OT

School: Georgia | Year: Junior 

The Browns must upgrade their offensive tackle situation. Thomas has some areas for improvement, but he'll be too tempting to pass up.

PICK

NYJ.png

K'Lavon Chaisson - Edge

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

General manager Joe Douglas is desperate to upgrade the OL, but in this scenario, the run at the position has already taken place. Chaisson is an outstanding athlete and would fit smoothly into the Jets' scheme.

PICK

OAK.png

CeeDee Lamb - WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior 

The Raiders need more playmakers. I believe Lamb is the best receiver in this draft class.

PICK

IND.png

Jordan Love - QB

School: Utah State | Year: Junior (RS) 

The Colts haven't publicly committed to Jacoby Brissett as their starter in 2020, and Love is simply too intriguing to pass up. He might need to sit for a year, but the payoff could be huge.

PICK

TB.png

Justin Herbert - QB

School: Oregon | Year: Senior 

Teams are all over the map on Herbert. However, he does fit the profile for Bruce Arians -- he's big, strong and smart.

PICK

DEN.png

Jerry Jeudy - WR

Jeudy would give the Broncos one of the most exciting collections of young skill-position players in the league. Adding him to a group that already includes Drew LockCourtland SuttonNoah Fant and Phillip Lindsay would strike fear into opposing defensive coordinators.

PICK

ATL.png

A.J. Epenesa - Edge

The Falcons have tried and failed to land a consistently productive edge rusher. Epenesa doesn't have the highest ceiling, but I believe he'll be a dependable 8-to-10-sack performer at the next level.

PICK

DAL.png

Xavier McKinney - S

McKinney is the best safety in the draft, and he addresses a glaring need for the Cowboys.

PICK

MIA.png

D'Andre Swift - RB

Swift is a special player and would team with Tua to create some excitement in Miami.

PICK

OAK.png

Patrick Queen - LB

School: LSU | Year: Junior 

The Raiders need to get faster and more dynamic on defense. Queen plays sideline to sideline, and he's outstanding in coverage.

PICK

JAC.png

C.J. Henderson - CB

School: Florida | Year: Junior 

The Jaguars have a need at cornerback, and Henderson is widely viewed as the second-best player at the position in this draft class.

PICK

PHI.png

Henry Ruggs III - WR

Speed! The Eagles are focused on getting faster this offseason, and Ruggs is the most explosive player in the draft.

PICK

BUF.png

Tee Higgins - WR

School: Clemson | Year: Junior 

The Bills need to add a big-bodied playmaker. Higgins is a jump-ball specialist.

PICK

NE.png

Grant Delpit - S

The Patriots could look at an offensive lineman here (see: Michigan center Cesar Ruiz), but they need to add some youth and athleticism at the safety position, as well.

PICK

NO.png

Justin Jefferson - WR

Jefferson is very precise as a route runner, and I love his toughness. He'll fit perfectly next to Michael Thomas.

PICK

MIN.png

Javon Kinlaw - DT

School: South Carolina | Year: Senior 

I have Kinlaw rated very high, and this would be too much value to pass up at this spot. He is a physical freak.

PICK

MIA.png

Austin Jackson - OT

School: USC | Year: Junior 

The Dolphins' offensive overhaul continues with a very athletic offensive tackle. Jackson is only 20 years old, and he has tremendous upside.

PICK

SEA.png

Ross Blacklock - DT

School: TCU | Year: Junior (RS) 

Blacklock is one of my favorite prospects in the class. He's a much better player than former teammate L.J. Collier, whom the Seahawksselected in the first round last year.

PICK

BAL.png

Kenneth Murray - LB

The Ravens love shopping at Oklahoma. Murray is a dynamic athlete, and Baltimore needs an upgrade at the linebacker position.

PICK

TEN.png

Marlon Davidson - Edge

Davidson has inside/outside versatility, and he plays extremely hard. He would join Jeffery Simmons to give the Titans two young building blocks up front.

PICK

GB.png

Laviska Shenault - WR

School: Colorado | Year: Junior 

The Packers don't pick WRs in the first round, but Shenault is more than just a receiver. He can line up in the backfield and move around the formation to create mismatches in Green Bay's favor.

PICK

KC.png

Zack Baun - Edge

School: Wisconsin | Year: Senior (RS) 

Baun can play on the edge or off the ball. His athletic ability and versatility would fit well in Steve Spagnuolo's defense.

PICK

SF.png

A.J. Terrell - CB

Terrell had a rough game vs. LSU in the national championship, but the rest of his tape is very good. He has size, length and instincts.

Bucky Brooks' mock draft: Saints find Brees' heir

Published: Jan 27, 2020 at 07:47 am
Updated: Jan 27, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Bucky Brooks
Bucky Brooks
NFL.com Analyst

After a week's worth of evaluating high-profile prospects at the Reese's Senior Bowl and chatting with team executives across the league, here's my first crack at how Round 1 of the 2020 NFL Draft will unfold. To be clear, this mock draft reflects how I think teams view these players -- not necessarily a recommendation on what I think they should do.

NOTE: The final draft order may change depending on the outcome of Super Bowl LIV.

PICK

Joe Burrow - QB

CIN.png

School: LSU | Year: Senior (RS) 

The Bengals can't bypass the opportunity to make the hometown hero their next franchise quarterback. 

PICK

Chase Young - Edge

WAS.png

Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio could unleash Young on NFC East opponents as a skilled, athletic pass rusher with a high-revving motor. 

PICK

Jeff Okudah - CB

DET.png

Detroit doesn't typically take corners on Day 1, but Okudah's game matches the Lions' scheme and fills their biggest defensive need. 

PICK

Jedrick Wills - OT

NYG.png

Dave Gettleman's affinity for the "hog mollies" could lead the Giants to add an edge blocker to protect their young quarterback. 

PICK

Tua Tagovailoa - QB

MIA.png

The Dolphins need a young QB1 to build around. Despite Tagovailoa's injury history, he is the most talented quarterback prospect in the class. 

PICK

Justin Herbert - QB

LAC.png

School: Oregon | Year: Senior 

The likely departure of Philip Rivers puts the Chargers in the QB market. Herbert could be a nice fit as an athletic, high-IQ passer with intriguing physical tools. 

PICK

Derrick Brown - DT

CAR.png

Adding a monster in the middle of the Panthers' defense is essential to Matt Rhule's rebuilding plan. 

PICK

Andrew Thomas - OT

ARI.png

Upgrading the protection around Kyler Murrayis a top priority for the Cardinals

PICK

Isaiah Simmons - S

JAC.png

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) 

Simmons' versatility as a back-seven defender could make him a disruptive force as a primary playmaker for the Jaguars

PICK

Tristan Wirfs - OT

CLE.png

The Browns need another rock-solid edge blocker in the starting lineup. 

PICK

Mekhi Becton - OT

NYJ.png

School: Louisville | Year: Junior 

Ultra-athletic edge blocker with the size, length and skill to blossom into an elite NFL offensive tackle. 

PICK

CeeDee Lamb - WR

OAK.png

Jon Gruden loves physical pass-catchers with explosive running skills. 

PICK

Jerry Jeudy - WR

IND.png

The ultra-smooth route runner from Alabama would give the Colts a Reggie Wayne-like playmaker opposite T.Y. Hilton

PICK

Javon Kinlaw - DT

TB.png

School: South Carolina | Year: Senior 

As a big, physical interior defender with extraordinary length and strength, Kinlaw is an ideal building block at the point of attack. 

PICK

Tee Higgins - WR

DEN.png

Adding another jump-ball specialist to the WR corps will accelerate Drew Lock's growth as a franchise quarterback. 

PICK

K'Lavon Chaisson - Edge

ATL.png

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

The LSU standout is the kind of urgent athlete Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff prefer on defense. 

PICK

Henry Ruggs III - WR

DAL.png

Adding speed, quickness and playmaking ability to the receiving corps could be a priority with several gifted free agents poised to hit the market. 

PICK

C.J. Henderson - CB

MIA.png

School: Florida | Year: Junior 

Underrated corner with the ideal game to boost Miami's secondary. 

PICK

Kenneth Murray - LB

OAK.png

Swift linebacker with legit sideline-to-sideline range as a run-and-chase linebacker. 

PICK

Trevon Diggs - CB

JAC.png

School: Alabama | Year: Senior 

Long, rangy cover corner with natural press skills who would be a perfect fit in the Jaguars' Cover 3 scheme. 

PICK

Laviska Shenault - WR

PHI.png

School: Colorado | Year: Junior 

Big-bodied offensive weapon with a diverse set of skills as a pass-catcher/playmaker. 

PICK

A.J. Epenesa - Edge

BUF.png

Hard-hat-and-lunch-pail player with enough pass-rush skills to make immediate contributions as a rookie starter. 

PICK

Xavier McKinney - S

NE.png

McKinney's combination of toughness, instincts and athleticism would add a dimension to the Patriots' defense. 

PICK

Jordan Love - QB

NO.png

School: Utah State | Year: Junior (RS) 

Sean Payton could be the perfect coach to cultivate Love's talents as an athletic gunslinger. 

PICK

Grant Delpit - S

MIN.png

Despite questions about his tackling ability, Delpit would upgrade the speed and athleticism in the Vikings' secondary. 

PICK

D'Andre Swift - RB

MIA.png

Swift would add some pop to the Dolphins' RB room. He's a true three-down back, possessing explosive skills as both a runner and receiver. 

PICK

Yetur Gross-Matos - Edge

SEA.png

School: Penn State | Year: Junior 

The ex-Penn State standout has the length, athleticism and burst Seattle covets in an edge rusher. 

PICK

Kristian Fulton - CB

BAL.png

School: LSU | Year: Senior 

Marcus Peters and Marlon Humphrey are solid starters, but the Ravens could use another CB to fill out the room. 

PICK

Marlon Davidson - Edge

TEN.png

Blue-collar edge defender with versatility and a high-revving motor? Yeah, that fits the Titans' profile. 

PICK

Jalen Reagor - WR

GB.png

School: TCU | Year: Junior 

Aaron Rodgers needs more playmakers at his disposal. 

PICK

Curtis Weaver - Edge

KC.png

School: Boise State | Year: Junior (RS) 

The Chiefs need another speed rusher with explosive first-step quickness and burst opposite Frank Clark

PICK

A.J. Terrell - CB

SF.png

This is the perfect time to groom an eventual successor to Richard Sherman. Terrell possesses impressive traits and displays an aggressive playing style that suits the 49ers' scheme.

2020 NFL Mock Draft: Chargers, Saints replace veteran quarterbacks with Senior Bowl standouts

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:09 am ET • 1 min read
clear.gif

The Pro Bowl is in the books and only one game remains on the NFL calendar: Super Bowl LIV. That means we'll be officially into draft season a week from now as the 32 teams all refocus their energies on free agency and then the 2020 NFL Draft. We're also days removed from the Senior Bowl, where many players improved their draft stock with strong performances, starting with Justin Herbert and Jordan Love. 

But it wasn't just the quarterbacks who benefited from a week in Mobile; Javon Kinlaw, Josh Jones, Terrell Lewis and Neville Gallimore all had strong showings and, as the old saying goes, made themselves some money. 

All told, four QBs go in the first round of our latest mock draft, and we have three newcomers to the top 32. Keep reading to see who goes where. 

Super Bowl Week is here, and there's a lot to go over. John Breech and Sean Wagner-McGough breakdown 49ers-Chiefs storylines, answer questions from the listener mailbag and more. Listen below and be sure to subscribefor daily NFL goodness.

The draft order is based on team records through the conference championship games.   

Alright, let's get to it.

NFL MOCK DRAFT
ROUND 1

Round 1 - Pick 1
team logo
LSU • SR • 6'4" / 216 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Cincinnati

PROSPECT RNK

2nd

POSITION RNK

1st

The Bengals staff coached Justin Herbert and the South team at the Senior Bowl, but even though Herbert shined during practices, there is no way they're not drafting Burrow here, right?
Round 1 - Pick 2
team logo
Chase Young EDGE
OHIO STATE • JR • 6'5" / 265 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Washington

PROSPECT RNK

1st

POSITION RNK

1st

Burrow had a phenomenal 2019 season but Young remains the No. 1 player on our draft board because he's such an incredibly special talent. He has Bosa brothers-level ability and would be the easiest pick in this draft.
Round 1 - Pick 3
team logo
AUBURN • SR • 6'5" / 318 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Detroit

PROSPECT RNK

5th

POSITION RNK

1st

The Lions are coming off a three-win campaign and coach Matt Patricia needs to have a solid showing in 2020. Detroit has needs along the defensive line, and Brown is the top player at that position after a strong showing with the Tigers in '19.
Round 1 - Pick 4
team logo
OHIO STATE • JR • 6'1" / 200 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

N.Y. Giants

PROSPECT RNK

3rd

POSITION RNK

1st

The Giants cut ties with Janoris Jenkins late in 2019, and DeAndre Baker struggled through much of his rookie season. We've usually had New York targeting an offensive tackle at this spot -- and for good reason -- but the dearth of cornerback talent could make Okudah tough to pass up. Put another way: The depth at OT is much deeper than the depth at CB in later rounds.
Round 1 - Pick 5
team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'1" / 218 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Miami

PROSPECT RNK

4th

POSITION RNK

2nd

This will all come down to Tua's health, but agent Leigh Steinberg expects the quarterback will be able to throw for teams at some point before the draft. For now, though, this is the best-case scenario for the Dolphins, who won five of their last nine games. However, if Tua gets a clean bill of health, things get interesting as other teams could be looking to trade up ahead of Miami to land him.
Round 1 - Pick 6
team logo
OREGON • SR • 6'6" / 237 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

L.A. Chargers

PROSPECT RNK

33rd

POSITION RNK

4th

We asked Herbert at the Super Bowl what NFL teams wanted to see from him during the week. He didn't say, 'Be more consistent in my reads,' or, 'Make better decisions with the ball.' He said, 'Leadership.' That's been the knock on Herbert during much of his college career, and after a strong showing in Mobile, if he can prove he has what it takes to command the huddle, he'll not only be a first-round pick, he'll likely find himself among the top 10 players taken. And with the Chargers and Philip Rivers parting ways, L.A. has a sudden need for a young quarterback.
Round 1 - Pick 7
team logo
SOUTH CAROLINA • SR • 6'6" / 310 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Carolina

PROSPECT RNK

13th

POSITION RNK

2nd

Gerald McCoy appears headed for free agency along with Vernon Butler after the Panthers didn't pick up his fifth-year option. The team has needs along the offensive line, at cornerback and wide receiver, and possibly at quarterback depending on Cam Newton's health, but Kinlaw is coming off a dominant Senior Bowl week that could see him end up going in the top 10.
Round 1 - Pick 8
team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'5" / 320 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Arizona

PROSPECT RNK

8th

POSITION RNK

1st

The Cardinals need to get better up front; the O-line ranked 21st in run blocking and 26th in pass blocking, according to Football Outsiders. Wills had a strong junior season for the Crimson Tide and was arguably one of the best players on the roster.
Round 1 - Pick 9
team logo
CLEMSON • JR • 6'4" / 230 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Jacksonville

PROSPECT RNK

6th

POSITION RNK

1st

Telvin Smith retired last offseason and the Jags' linebackers corps struggled mightily, including Myles Jack, one of the league's best athletes. Simmons is a physical freak who can line up anywhere on the field, including deep safety, where he's often spotted in Clemson's defense. Simmons is also coming off dominating performances in the bowl games against Ohio State and LSU.
Round 1 - Pick 10
team logo
LOUISVILLE • JR • 6'7" / 369 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Cleveland

PROSPECT RNK

31st

POSITION RNK

5th

At 6-foot-7 and 360 pounds, Becton is a mountain of a man, but he moves like someone who weighs more like 260, which pairs nicely with his footwork, balance and strength. The Browns have myriad problems, and fixing the offensive line is as good a place as any to start. Ultimately, this team's success comes down to Baker Mayfield, but protecting him might make that a lot easier.
Round 1 - Pick 11
team logo
OKLAHOMA • JR • 6'2" / 189 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

N.Y. Jets

PROSPECT RNK

7th

POSITION RNK

1st

Lamb had three fewer receptions in one fewer game than a season ago, but he had 169 more yards and three touchdowns, and he averaged 21.4 yards per catch. With Robby Anderson and Demaryius Thomas apparently headed for free agency, the Jets get the most dynamic pass catcher in this draft class.
Round 1 - Pick 12
team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'1" / 192 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Oakland

PROSPECT RNK

10th

POSITION RNK

2nd

Our top prospect coming into the 2019 season, Jeudy was good, just not great. It's not entirely his fault; he played alongside Henry Ruggs and DeVonta Smith, two first-round-caliber wideouts, and despite lower production there's still no denying his dynamism. Which is why he makes a ton of sense for the Raiders, who currently lack a consistent downfield playmaker outside of tight end Darren Waller.
Round 1 - Pick 13
team logo
IOWA • JR • 6'5" / 322 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Indianapolis

PROSPECT RNK

15th

POSITION RNK

3rd

Anthony Costanzo's contract will expire in March, and if Jacoby Brissett is the Colts' QB of the future (and that's still up for debate) he'll need to be protected to have a chance to succeed. Wirfs can play either right tackle or left tackle and he's coming off an impressive season for the Hawkeyes.
Round 1 - Pick 14
team logo
GEORGIA • JR • 6'5" / 320 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Tampa Bay

PROSPECT RNK

9th

POSITION RNK

2nd

Thomas was a three-year starter at Georgia, where he was dominant at times in protecting Jake Fromm and blocking for D'Andre Swift. In Tampa, Demar Dotson will be a free agent in March and Donovan Smith has two years left on his rookie deal. Now the Bucs just need to settle on a quarterback.
Round 1 - Pick 15
team logo
LSU • SOPH • 6'4" / 250 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Denver

PROSPECT RNK

20th

POSITION RNK

4th

Von Miller will be 31 next year and has two years left on his deal, and Bradley Chubb is rehabbing from an ACL injury that limited him to just four games last season. The Broncos have a big need at wide receiver, but this class is so incredibly deep that they can find quality players in subsequent rounds. There are far fewer quality edge rushers and Chaisson is among them.
Round 1 - Pick 16
team logo
ALABAMA • SR • 6'2" / 207 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

25th

POSITION RNK

4th

The Falcons have needs at edge rusher, defensive line and linebacker too, but Diggs, one of the most physically imposing CBs in this class, could be too good to pass up here.
Round 1 - Pick 17
team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'1" / 200 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Dallas

PROSPECT RNK

21st

POSITION RNK

2nd

The Cowboys desperately need to bolster the secondary, especially at safety, and McKinney is arguably the best one in this draft class. He can play centerfield or closer to the line of scrimmage, and he brings a physicality that was on display week in and week out during the Crimson Tide's '19 season.
   From Pittsburgh Steelers
Round 1 - Pick 18
team logo
HOUSTON • SR • 6'7" / 310 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Miami

PROSPECT RNK

47th

POSITION RNK

9th

Jones had an outstanding season for the Cougars and that carried over to the Senior Bowl. He has the type of strength and athleticism that translates well to the NFL. In Miami, he'd be part of a rebuilding effort that would begin with protecting the new face of the franchise, Tua Tagovailoa.
   From Chicago Bears
Round 1 - Pick 19
team logo
OKLAHOMA • JR • 6'2" / 234 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Oakland

PROSPECT RNK

19th

POSITION RNK

2nd

The Raiders very quietly had one of the best rookie draft classes last season, and they'll look to build on that this spring. Murray is an athletic linebacker with sideline-to-sideline speed, and his addition to the defense would give Las Vegas one of the youngest, most athletic units in the league.
   From Los Angeles Rams
Round 1 - Pick 20
team logo
FLORIDA • JR • 6'1" / 202 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Jacksonville

PROSPECT RNK

22nd

POSITION RNK

3rd

Our colleague Pete Prisco will tell you that the Jags need 'bigs and bigs' -- offensive and defensive linemen, preferably with those two first-rounders. We don't disagree, but given the way the board fell, Jacksonville ended up with two pretty solid consolation prizes: linebacker Isaiah Simmons at No. 9 and long, tall, physical cornerback C.J. Henderson with the 20th pick. Henderson won't replace Jalen Ramsey, but he's a cover corner with ball skills.
Round 1 - Pick 21
team logo
ALABAMA • SR • 6'5" / 252 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Philadelphia

PROSPECT RNK

40th

POSITION RNK

6th

Brandon Graham and Vinny Curry were the Eagles' two most efficient pass rushers, according to PFF, but Graham is 31 and Curry appears headed for free agency. Lewis was able to stay healthy in 2019 after suffering injuries in the two previous seasons and he looked pretty good. He looked even better at the Senior Bowl last week, and that will only help his draft stock.
Round 1 - Pick 22
team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'0" / 190 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Buffalo

PROSPECT RNK

17th

POSITION RNK

4th

John Brown can stretch the field and Cole Beasley can man the slot, but Josh Allen needs another downfield target. Ruggs is one of the fastest players on the Alabama roster and he's a threat to take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
Round 1 - Pick 23
team logo
A.J. Epenesa EDGE
IOWA • JR • 6'6" / 280 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

New England

PROSPECT RNK

11th

POSITION RNK

2nd

The Patriots defense was the one of the best in the league but with so much depth at WR New England takes a great unit and makes it ... greater. Epenesa can play on the edge or kick inside and it's that mix of versatility and athleticism that would make him attractive to Bill Belichick.
Round 1 - Pick 24
team logo
UTAH STATE • JR • 6'4" / 225 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

New Orleans

PROSPECT RNK

36th

POSITION RNK

5th

Both Drew Brees and Teddy Bridgewater could return in 2020 -- and that would be ideal for Love, who will need a season or two on the bench before he's ready. He's drawn comparisons to Patrick Mahomes because of his athleticism, arm strength and play-making abilities, but Love is coming off a rough junior season for the Aggies, though he looked much sharper in Mobile during the Senior Bowl
Round 1 - Pick 25
team logo
OKLAHOMA • SR • 6'2" / 302 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Minnesota

PROSPECT RNK

23rd

POSITION RNK

3rd

Linval Joseph is the Vikings' best defensive lineman, but the unit ranked 30th against the run, according to Football Outsiders. Gallimore is a fire plug with a non-stop runner who excels against both the run and the pass.
   From Houston Texans
Round 1 - Pick 26
team logo
VIRGINIA • SR • 6'1" / 200 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Miami

PROSPECT RNK

30th

POSITION RNK

5th

The Dolphins need help just about everywhere. Hall was our CB1 coming into the season. He's since suffered an ankle injury that cut short his '19 campaign, but he should be fully recovered by the spring.
Round 1 - Pick 27
team logo
• JR • 6'3" / 304 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Seattle

PROSPECT RNK

59th

POSITION RNK

6th

Madubuike declared for the draft earlier this month after an impressive season for the Aggies. His low center of gravity coupled with strength, quickness and surprising athleticism for someone his size makes him a favorite to go on Day 2 and could even sneak into Day 1. The Seahawks, who have a history of bucking convention in Round 1, also have needs along the defensive line after the unit ranked 21st against the run and 30th in pass rushing last season, according to Football Outsiders' metrics.
Round 1 - Pick 28
team logo
LSU • JR • 6'1" / 227 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Baltimore

PROSPECT RNK

90th

POSITION RNK

6th

Queen flashed early and often during the national title game, and those 60 minutes of football served as a microcosm of his 2019 season. The Ravens defense improved as the season progressed, and while Josh Bynes played out of his mind this season, he's 30 and on a one-year deal after spending the previous two seasons in Arizona (and the three before that in Detroit).
Round 1 - Pick 29
team logo
LSU • SR • 6'0" / 200 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Tennessee

PROSPECT RNK

16th

POSITION RNK

2nd

Logan Ryan and Tramaine Brock are two of the Titans' top three cornerbacks, and both will be out of a contract in March. But even if Tennessee brings back one (or both), you can never have enough defensive backs on the roster. Fulton would've been a likely first-rounder had he come out a year ago.
Round 1 - Pick 30
team logo
COLORADO • JR • 6'2" / 220 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Green Bay

PROSPECT RNK

28th

POSITION RNK

6th

Shenault is two inches taller and five pounds heavier than Deebo Samuel, who does many of the same things that made Shenault so dangerous in college. The Buffs standout battled injuries during the '19 season, but he's a four-down player who can (and does) line up anywhere -- out wide, in the slot, H-back, running back and even QB. The Packers need to add playmakers alongside Davante Adams, and Shenault fits the bill.
Round 1 - Pick 31
team logo
OHIO STATE • JR • 5'10" / 217 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Kansas City

PROSPECT RNK

51st

POSITION RNK

3rd

Just what this offense needs: more playmakers. Dobbins' improvement from 2018 to 2019 was hard to miss, and he improved in the passing game too, where 19 percent of his total receiving yards came after contact.
Round 1 - Pick 32
team logo
LSU • JR • 6'3" / 203 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

San Francisco

PROSPECT RNK

12th

POSITION RNK

2nd

Same as last week. Delpit, who entered the season as the top safety in this class, battled through an ankle injury and struggled to consistently make tackles. When he's on, however, he can be one of the best players on the field.

2020 NFL Mock Draft 5.0: Will anyone trade up for Joe Burrow?

Jason McIntyre Jan 24, 2020 at 2:17p ET 

The deadline has passed for college football players to declare for the NFL Draft, and so we have Mock Draft 5.0!

Not a ton has changed from 4.0, except for two new players making their debut and the return of a star receiver. Yet the next six weeks in the process are crucial, as the Senior Bowl goes down this weekend in Alabama, followed by the Combine in Indianapolis at the end of February.

It feels like the Top 5 players off the board are all locked in, and the draft will pivot on what happens with the Chargers.

Cincinnati Bengals — Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (Previous pick: 1)

2019 season stats: 402-for-527 passing, 76.3% completion percentage, 5,671 passing yards, 60 TDs, 6 INTs

Let’s just drop the idea of anyone trading up for Joe Burrow, OK? It’s fun to talk about on social media, but the Bengals aren’t doing it.

Yes, the Panthers hired the passing game coordinator who helped Burrow become a superstar, Joe Brady, but the trade ain’t happening. Maybe the Bengals should have hired Brady — maybe — but that's as far as this conversation goes.

Washington Redskins — Chase Young, DE, Ohio State (2)

2019 season stats: 16.5 sacks, 46 total tackles, 7 forced fumbles, 3 passes defended

I don’t think there’s a team that trades up here to get a QB, either; I’d be surprised if any team had Young rated behind Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Herbert.

Detroit Lions — Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson (3)

2019 season stats: 8.0 sacks, 3 INTs, 8 passes defended, 104 total tackles

The most versatile defender in the draft will probably have a huge impact on Trey Flowers and promising young LBs Jarrad Davis and Christian Jones.

New York Giants — Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State (4)

2019 season stats: 3 interceptions, 9 passes defended, 34 total tackles, 1 forced fumble

It pains me as a Jets fan to say it, but the Giants are building something pretty impressive. They’ll have two young corners, the makings of a good defensive line, and lots of skill position talent. Yeah, I know the GM situation and the coaching hire leave something to be desired.

Miami Dolphins — Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (5)

2019 season stats: 180-for-252 passing, 71.4% completion percentage, 2,840 passing yards, 33 TDs, 3 INTs

For as good as Tagovailoa’s college career began with that second half and overtime against Georgia, the Tide actually went downhill the next two years, with a bad loss in the title game and then missing the playoffs after Tua got injured.

Will that scare teams off in the Top 5 — or, perhaps, even the Top 10? I don't think so, but the question remains, especially with Tua's injury history.

Los Angeles Chargers — Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (6)

2019 season stats: 286-for-428 passing, 66.8% completion percentage, 3,471 passing yards, 32 TDs, 6 INTs

I can’t believe there’s actually chatter that Utah State’s Jordan Love could be taken ahead of Herbert. There’s a lot to like about Love, but I prefer Herbert’s overall skillset. 

Carolina Panthers — Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (7)

2019 season stats: 4.0 sacks, 54 total tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 4 passes defended

It’ll be popular to mock a QB to the Panthers now, and perhaps even moreso if Cam Newtonis traded or cut in free agency. For now, I’m sticking with the trenches.

Arizona Cardinals — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (8)

2019 season stats: 77 receptions, 1,163 receiving yards, 10 receiving TDs

Several questions from readers about why I get offensive linemen for teams with young QBs (Browns, Jets, Dolphins) but not the Cardinals.

Pro Football Focus rated the Cardinals offensive line 22nd, and Kyler Murray was “at fault” for taking more sacks (23) than any other QB in the NFL. He’ll grow, and do so quicker with Jeudy, who I have as the best receiver in the draft.

Jacksonville Jaguars — Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (9)

2019 season stats: 6.0 sacks, 35 total tackeles, 2 fumbles recovered, 2 passes defended

Adding an interior monster in Kinlaw to the likes of Calais Campbell, Josh Allen, Yannick Ngakoue and Myles Jack makes your front seven the best in the division.

Cleveland Browns — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (8)

The sneaky best positional coaching hire of the offseason could be Bill Callahan to run the Browns offensive line. Thomas will have to stave off some competition as the best lineman at the draft, but he makes all the sense to Cleveland.

New York Jets — Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama (11)

Jets fans are desperate for one of the awesome receivers in this draft, but here’s a reminder: The only receivers to go in the Top 15 and become stars in the last seven years are Amari Cooper(with his second team), Odell Beckham (on his second team), and Mike Evans (zero playoff appearances).

It’s very possible that Jeudy or CeeDee Lambwill be more AJ Green or Julio Jones than Justin Blackmon or Tavon Austin, but the bottom line is the Jets don’t need a receiver here.

Las Vegas Raiders — CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (12)

2019 season stats: 62 receptions, 1,327 receiving yards, 14 receiving TDs

There will be a lot of speculation about Derek Carr being replaced with this pick, but I’m not ready to go there yet. Lamb + Hunter Renfrow+ emerging tight end Darren Waller will be fun in the desert. 

Indianapolis Colts — A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa (13)

2019 season stats: 11.5 sacks, 4 fumbles forced, 49 total tackles, 3 passes defended

They’d love for Kinlaw to fall here, and it’s interesting to come up with a receiver in this spot, but Indy's sack leader (Justin Houston) just turned 31 and has had a spotty injury history.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers — C.J. Henderson, DB, Florida (20)

2019 season stats: 11 passes defended, 1.0 sack, 33 total tackles

There is going to be plenty of offseason talk about Philip Rivers-to-Tampa now that he’s moved to Florida, but defensively, the team should prioritize the secondary in the draft.

Denver Broncos — Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (22)

2019 season stats: 56 receptions, 764 receiving yards, 4 receiving TDs; 23 rushes, 161 rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs

Drew Lock will be the starter next year, and with new offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, adding a weapon like Shenault to Noah FantPhillip Lindsay and Courtland Sutton could propel the Broncos to a playoff spot.

Atlanta Falcons — Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (16) 

2019 season stats: 56 receptions, 764 receiving yards, 4 receiving TDs; 23 rushes, 161 rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs

In every mock draft for the Falcons, I can guarantee you this — it’ll be a pass rusher or someone in the secondary. And like a fool, I can already tell you I will like the Falcons as a Super Bowl sleeper next year. The offensive line can’t get that beat up again, right?

Dallas Cowboys — Grant Delpit, S, LSU (17)

2019 season stats: 2 INTs, 7 passes defended, 65 total tackles

I give Delpit the slight nod over Xavier McKinney as the best safety in the draft. This would get adjusted if Jerry Jones is able to trade for Jamal Adams of the Jets. 

Miami Dolphins (via Pittsburgh Steelers) — Josh Jones, OT, Houston (18) 

I still have the Dolphins going offensive line here. They desperately need a pass rusher, so that could be the other move here, if they feel like their best option will be gone at 26.

Las Vegas Raiders (via Chicago Bears) — Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (19)

2019 season stats: 4 passes defended, 1.0 sack, 20 total tackles

Coming out of high school, Hall wasn’t listed among the Top 200 cornerbacks in America. Now, he could be a first round pick.

Jacksonville Jaguars (via Los Angeles Rams) — Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (14) 

2019 season stats: 3 INTs, 8 passes defended, 2 fumbles recovered, 37 total tackles

I’ll stick with the Jaguars going with two defenders in the first round, but I’m curious how free agency goes offensively for new Jags OC Jay Gruden.

Philadelphia Eagles — Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama (21)

2019 season stats: 40 receptions, 746 receiving yards, 7 receiving TDs

At this point, their primary needs are receiver, and then secondary would be a distant second. We all saw how Philly's skill players fared in 2019, after all ...

Buffalo Bills — Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise State (26)

2019 season stats: 13.5 sacks, 1 fumble forced, 1 INT, 3 passes defended, 52 total tackles

The Bills have three defensive lineman entering free agency after a strong showing defensively this past season. Reloading with Weaver out of Boise State would go a long way toward building on this year's success.

New England Patriots — Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (23)

2019 season stats: 43 receptions, 515 receiving yards, 6 receiving TDs

Patriots tight ends caught 37 passes last year; in 2018, Gronk caught 47 by himself. In 2017, he had 69. Whether Brady's back or not next season, having a dynamic tight end at their disposal seems like a key for New England.

New Orleans Saints — K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State (30)

2019 season stats: 56 receptions, 904 receiving yards, 8 receiving TDs

Go look at the top targeted Saints last season. After Michael Thomas, four of the next five were TEs or RBs. And Ted Ginn turns 35 in April. 

Minnesota Vikings — Mekhi Becton, OL, Louisville (NR)

With so many talented offensive linemen going back to school — Creed HumphreyAlex LeatherwoodAlaric Jackson and Walker Little, just to name a few — Becton makes his debut in the mock draft.

There are needs on an aging Vikings defense with three starters 31 or older, but protecting Kirk Cousins makes more sense right now.

Miami Dolphins (via Houston Texans) — Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State (29)

2019 season stats: 9.0 sacks, 40 total tackles

Not only were the Dolphins last in the NFL in sacks (23), but their defensive line had the lowest pressure rate (4.4%) in the NFL. 

Seattle Seahawks — Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama (27)

2019 season stats: 3 INTs, 5 passes defended, 4 fumbles forced, 1 fumble recovered, 95 total tackles

If he falls this far, the Seahawks could have the beginnings of their new legion of doom with Quandre Diggs having such a terrific season after the trade with Detroit.

Baltimore Ravens — Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma (28) 

2019 season stats: 4.0 sacks, 4 passes defended, 102 total tackles

Murray’s stock will be going up after he crushes the Combine, but for now I’ll keep him here. The Ravens have drafted four players from Oklahoma in the last two years. Three are starters.

Tennessee Titans — Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (15)

2019 season stats: 2 INTs, 11 passes defended, 36 total tackles

The Titans secondary struggled all year, and they have five CBs hitting free agency. Defensive line would make a lot of sense, as well, but with most of the big-name, first-round trench guys off the board, I see Tennessee shoring up their last line of defense.

Green Bay Packers — Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (30)

2019 season stats: 43 receptions, 611 receiving yards, 5 receiving TDs; 14 rushes, 89 rushing yards

Davante Adams will command even more double teams next year, and Allen LazardGeronimo Allison and Jake Kumerow are solid possession receivers. The Packers made strides offensively in the post-McCarthy era; now, they need a burner.

Kansas City Chiefs — Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (NR)

2019 season stats: 1 INT, 2 passes defended, 1 fumble recovered, 3.0 sacks, 85 total tackles

Queen makes his debut in the mock draft after an outstanding national title game (2.5 tackles for loss, half a sack and eight tackles). He'll shore up the Chiefs run defense, which, as anyone who has predicted a Kansas City postseason collapse will tell you, is Andy Reid's squad's only real weakness.

San Francisco 49ers — Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (NR)

2019 season stats: 59 receptions, 1,167 receiving yards, 13 receiving TDs

I still think secondary makes the most sense, but Kendrick Bourne and Emmanuel Sandersare free agents, and you don’t want the offense to take a step back if neither can be re-signed. Also, I had to find a way to get Higgins in the first round (25 TDs, 2,103 yards in the last two seasons). 

Nine LSU players in PFF's top 10 position rankings

• by Clint Buckley
  • 16 hours ago
9612373.jpg

NFL Draft season is officially under way following the Jan. 20 deadline for eligible underclassmen to declare and last week’s Senior Bowl. The NFL Combine and individual Pro Days are up next before the draft gets started April 23 in Las Vegas.

Michael Renner of Pro Football Focus has released his top 10 rankings at each position ahead of the draft. And there are some familiar names near or at the top of the list.

The national champion LSU Tigers have the most representation with nine players in their respective position’s top 10.

Joe BurrowGrant DelpitKristian FultonClyde Edwards-HelaireDamien LewisK'Lavon ChaissonPatrick QueenLloyd Cushenberry and Stephen Sullivan are all among PFF’s top 10 draft prospects at their positions.

Burrow is PFF’s No. 1-ranked quarterback, while Delpit is the top-ranked safety. Fulton is No. 2 among cornerbacks and Edwards-Helaire and Lewis are fifth at running back and interior offensive linemen, respectively. 

Chaisson and Queen are No. 7 at edge rusher and linebacker, Cushenberry is eighth among interior offensive linemen and Sullivan is the ninth-ranked tight end prospect.

Burrow, the Heisman Trophy winner, piloted an historic LSU offense to a 15-0 season with 5,671 yards and an FBS-record 60 touchdown passes. His Heisman margin of victory was the biggest in history, and he is widely considered to be the No. 1 overall pick by the Cincinnati Bengals. Burrow helped LSU go 7-0 against teams ranked in the AP Top 10 in 2019.

Delpit won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back last season. He finished fourth on the team in tackles with 65 and added two sacks, two interceptions and seven passes defended. 

True freshman Derek Stingley received most of the attention at cornerback for LSU, but Fulton starred in his own right on the opposite side of the field. Fulton had 38 tackles, an interception and 14 passes defended in 2019. Only Ohio State’s Jeff Okudah ranks higher among cornerbacks.

Edwards-Helaire was among the nation’s most versatile running backs. In addition to his 1,414 yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground, Edwards-Helaire also caught 55 passes (third on the team) for 453 yards and a touchdown. He is ranked behind Utah’s Zack Moss, Georgia’s D'Andre SwiftWisconsin’s Jonathan Taylor and Ohio State’s J.K. Dobbins at running back.

Lewis and Cushenberry were anchors on an offensive line that helped LSU lead the nation in total offense (568.5 yards per game) and scoring (48.4 points per game). 

Chaisson was LSU’s best pass-rusher. He led the Tigers with 6.5 sacks and added two passes defended and a forced fumble. 

Queen finished third on the team in tackles with 85 and had three sacks, an interception and fumble recovery. He had eight tackles and a half-sack against Clemson in the national championship game.

Sullivan only had 12 receptions for the season, but he was most effective in the run game for LSU.

7 hours ago, Herb said:

Hard to believe Thad Moss isn't one of their top 10 Tight Ends.

Everyone has their choice. After the combine, yes, the so called Men’s beauty pageant, places will change. Some teams put more into this than needed. Then again, they want a guy that looks like Tarzan. They draft on potential. 

The last two games with Moss, 3TD’s. Look at his hands, blocking ability. I’ll look a little more into this later. 

2 draft classes from LSU, the 2013 and 2014 drafts had 9 players taken each year. We should pass those numbers this year. 

• Like 1

SEC'S 3 best NFL Draft prospects at every offensive position

Adam Spencer | 2 days ago

The 2020 NFL Draft will take place in Las Vegas in April, and once again, the SEC is expected to provide plenty of talent for the event.

The SEC consistently leads college football in draft picks produced, and that should be the case in 2020, too. But, who are the best of the best SEC prospects on the offensive side of the ball?

Here’s a look at the top 3 SEC prospects at each offensive position:

Quarterback

1. Joe Burrow, LSU
  2. Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
  3. Jake Fromm, Georgia

Burrow is coming off the best season a college quarterback has ever had, throwing for 60 touchdowns, 5,671 yards and completing 76.3% of his passes. He also won the Heisman Trophy and led the Tigers to a perfect season and a national title. He’ll likely be the No. 1 overall pick, so we’ll see what he can do with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tagovailoa didn’t have the best 2019 season, seeing it end with a brutal hip injury. Still, when he was healthy, he was electric. If he can stay healthy in the pros, he has the talent to be a Hall-of-Fame player. He’ll likely be a top 10 overall pick, even if he can’t participate in the NFL Combine.

Fromm had a lot more buzz heading into the season, but he took a step back in a number of statistical categories. He was without a couple of his main targets, but he also looked worse at times. He started the year as a potential 1st-round pick, but now he’ll probably be a Day 2 selection.

Running back

1. D’Andre Swift, Georgia
  2. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU
  3. Lamical Perine, Florida

Swift didn’t find the end zone much in 2019, scoring only 8 touchdowns, but that was more of a reflection of the Georgia offense. Swift is the ideal running back for today’s NFL. He can run (1,218 yards on 196 carries in 2019) and he can catch the ball out of the backfield (73 total catches in 3 years with the Bulldogs). That’s what NFL teams want, and Swift is the closest thing to a guy like Christian McCaffrey we’re going to find in this draft class.

Edwards-Helaire is capitalizing on a breakout 2019 season in which he had 1,414 rushing yards, 453 receiving yards and 17 total touchdowns. He’s another guy who can do it all and will be valuable in today’s NFL.

Perine’s numbers weren’t as big, but he ran for 6 touchdowns and caught 5 more for the GayTurds in 2019. He looked good at the Senior Bowl, catching a touchdown pass, but he’ll need to have a big performance at the NFL Combine to continue his rise up draft boards.

Wide receiver

1. Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
  2. Justin Jefferson, LSU
  3. Henry Ruggs III, Alabama

Jeudy has had NFL Draft scouts salivating for the past couple of years. He can do anything you could possibly want on a football field and is one of the shiftiest guys in the draft class. He’ll likely be a top 10 overall pick and might end up being the 1st receiver off the board.

Most analysts would have Ruggs ahead of Jefferson because of his speed and big-play ability, but I absolutely love what Jefferson brings to the game. As a Packers fan, I would really enjoy seeing Jefferson fall to the end of the 1st round, where Green Bay could scoop him up. He has a huge catch radius, top-end speed (though not quite up to Ruggs’ level) and can juke defenders like nobody’s business:

Now, we get to Ruggs. He may very well end up being the fastest player to run the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine. But he’s also able to make nice catches over the middle before leaving defenders in the dust:

Look at the acceleration that #FutureBillsWR Henry Ruggs offers. Just plain out runs 5 defenders.

I know the first thought will be that Ruggs won’t make it too 22, but in such a loaded draft class anything is possible.

Embedded video

Tight end

1. Albert Okwuegbunam, Mizzou
  2. Thaddeus Moss, LSU
  3. Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt

Albert O didn’t live up to his potential at Mizzou, but the flashes of greatness he did show will be enough to make NFL scouts interested. He caught 23 touchdowns in 27 career games and could flourish in an offense that features him correctly.

Moss is another LSU player who is capitalizing on a big season and a national title to make the leap to the NFL. Moss is an excellent blocker who showcased his big-play ability in the title game against Clemson. And, as the son of Randy Moss, he will have plenty of guidance through the pre-draft process.

Due to a wrist injury, Pinkney was limited to 8 games in 2019 and he was much less effective than he was in 2018, when he caught 7 touchdown passes and had 774 yards. This past fall, he only caught 20 passes for 233 yards and 2 scores. Still, that 2018 tape will have NFL scouts eager to snag him in the later rounds of the draft.

Tackle

1. Andrew Thomas, Georgia
  2. Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama
  3. Isaiah Wilson, Georgia

Thomas and Wills are likely top 15 picks and both could end up being off the board by the 10th pick if things go their way. They’ve been outstanding blockers for 2 of the quarterbacks mentioned above for the past couple of years.

Wilson was the No. 16 overall player in the 2017 recruiting class. While he hasn’t become the superstar many envisioned, he has been a steady part of some great Georgia offensive lines. He should be a Day 2 pick.

Guard/Center

1. Lloyd Cushenberry III, LSU
  2. Logan Stenberg, Kentucky
  3. Solomon Kindley, Georgia

Cushenberry was a huge part of the LSU offensive line, communicating the blocking schemes that kept Joe Burrow upright. Stenberg has blocked for guys like Benny Snell Jr. and Lynn Bowden Jr. the past couple of years. Kindley was a big part of the interior of Georgia’s offensive line, which was anchored on the edges by the 2 tackles mentioned above. All 3 players should hear their names called in Las Vegas.

Returner

1. Lynn Bowden Jr., Kentucky
  2. Marquez Callaway, Tennessee
  3. Bryan Edwards, South Carolina

I had to get Bowden on the list somewhere. He had such a huge impact at quarterback for the Wildcats this past season, but he’ll go back to being a receiver in the NFL, most likely. However, he also showed off great skills as a return man during his time with the Wildcats.

Callaway had 3 punt return touchdowns in his Tennessee career, averaging 14 yards per return in 2019. Edwards averaged 17.9 yards on 11 punt returns in 2019. All 3 will be drafted a bit higher than they would if they were only receivers. Special-teams versatility is so important for young guys in the NFL.

Kicker/punter

1. Rodrigo Blankenship, Georgia
  2. Braden Mann, Texas A&M
  3. Arryn Siposs, Auburn

Blankenship had some unfortunately timed misses in 2019, but he’s normally one of the steadiest kickers in the country. He’ll likely be one of the few kickers to hear his name called in the draft.

Meanwhile, Mann should be one of the only punters to get drafted. Mann won the Ray Guy Award for the nation’s best punter in 2018. He followed with another strong year in 2019.

Siposs came to Auburn from Australia and will be older than many of the other potential draftees. He probably won’t get drafted, but he has plenty of experience and should at least land an undrafted free agent contract.