Gameday Tigers

Woodward...

Fishhead

Seriously, this team is...wow.... under performing?

Injuries are killing us, especially on the mound. Hilliard is a shell of his freshman self, and Marceaux... well sadly he seems to be on the trajectory of last year's frosh pitchers. Always arm soreness. 

Ugh. 

Dups has power now, but he's not consistent. Smith and Watson are the cream of the crop. 

The newcomers are struggling so bad. Garza, Bianco, Mathis.  It's unbelievable. 

Fire pawl, Scott!

I would not be surprised to see that happen once the season ends, but I don't think he'll do that mid-season.  To the best of my knowledge all of his coaching changes have happened after the respective sport season has finished.

1 hour ago, dachsie said:

I haven't kept up much with baseball this year since we haven't had pbp but do you really think Manieri needs to go?

It's been painful to watch, but frankly, CPM has earned patience. 

Guys that have been injured this year and missed at least some time are...

Swatson 

Reid

Cabrera

Hughes

Garza

Not to mention the 5 or 6 pitchers, including the Friday night starter. 

Walker and Hilliard can't seem to find any consistency, when both were nails prior to their issues. Marceaux came in and looked great, then got the dreaded "arm soreness" and can't shake it. 

Peterson is shaky and now Vietmeier too. 

Hitting is not horrendous across the board, but the last 3 in the lineup are nearly automatic outs...rally killers. 

Oh, and Duplantis came back hitting home runs, but now his average is suffering. 

Catcher is absolutely killing us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Score 6th in the 9th to force extras just to give up 4 in the 10th.

Score 15 runs on 23 hits and lose!!

Our pitching sucks. I understand injuries, but tell me one single pitcher that had gotten better throughout the season. I'll give you Hilliard, but he's nothing like last year's Hilliard and with the way he started the year he couldn't have gotten worse. 

Alan Dunn needs to go and Paul needs to clean house and quit hiring his ex players. Get a hitting coach and a pitching coach that doesn't ruin guys. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 10:27 PM, Fishhead said:

Our pitching sucks.

go back and find every post i’ve made immediately upon a season ending for the last 10 years. 

this is has been the recurring theme. 

we typically have 1 ace, 1 maybe as a starter, and 1 closer. 

everything in the middle is a crapshoot. EVERYTHING. 

last night is is on Dunn. 

hell if you throw me 8 straight heaters in exact same location, i’m launching one too. 

and it is still absolutely baffling that we have ZERO lefties available. 

how in the fu(k does LSU not have a lefty arm? i mean vast majority of the rec teams we go against has multiple lefties. you telling me LSU couldn’t find a couple?

Agree, as I think you're talking about Saturday night. 

Sunday night is on the players fricking up, such as passed balls allowing the winning run to take scoring position with the best opposing hitter coming to the plate and Watson (again) and Gio acting like tee ballers on the base paths. 

Oh, and whomever thought it was best to pitch to Mendoza instead of put him on and get the force in play.  WTF???

Archived